Would you use your weapon to stop a stranger from being raped?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you use your weapon to stop a stranger from being raped?

• Total voters

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Draw weapon, order rapist to stop attack, order rapist down on the ground he's under arrest, call police, help victim.

If the rapist does not comply, shoot him.

I might be scared to shoot him if he tries to flee though, not sure if shooting him in the back is going to get me in trouble.

On the other hand if it's someone in my family getting raped then probably he just gets shot.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I might first try to restrain the assailant and if that didn't work.....even though I would be aware of the possible repercussions.....I would shoot him DEAD.
    This way it wouldn't be MY WORD against HIS.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Whoever voted walk away and call police better be ****ing trolling. Seriously.

I voted that and I'm not trolling a bit. Even the police wouldn't take any of the actions on that list with out calling in for back up. It's just stupid.

You can make a call on your cell phone and then evaluate the sit rep and still take any of the rest of those actions or any other better ones but if you have access to comunications most of these other claims to action are pretty stupid based on no more than you are likely to know walking up on the situation. Just walk up and blow some one's brains out their eye from the back of their head based on the words or comment from a woman you've met 20 seconds before? Start barking out orders and think the rest of the world is going to jump to seconds after you open your magic mouth because, ooooh, you have a gun?

The crap LEO's get around here and then in this thread it looks like a loose ball at a high school football game with people who can't wait for the chance to shoot their gun and they don't even know either person's name, who's property they are on, or if either person is armed before they start shooting. Go back and read some of those "jump on the cop" threads and apply what was said about those bad shoots to what people have said they would do here.

Grow up Tonto.

Call it in, call for back up, document a sit rep, evaluate and act. It's all going to be evaluated in court by a pack of arm chair quarter backs with all the time in the world to think about it because if it all works perfectly there will be at least 2 living witnesses when it's over.

Last edited:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Verbal then shoot. Nothing less. No need to let the scumbag walk another day.

James

Why bother to give a verbal warning if you're just going to shoot him anyway? Just shoot. A verbal warning is not required.

If you give it as a "courtesy" to allow the BG to see the error in his ways & quit, then that's a different matter...but it's still not required.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I voted that and I'm not trolling a bit. Even the police would take any of the actions on that list with out calling in for back up. It's just stupid.

You can make a call on your cell phone and then evaluate the sit rep and still take any of the rest of those actions or any other better ones but if you have access to comunications most of these other claims to action are pretty stupid based on no more than you are likely to know walking up on the situation. Just walk up and blow some one's brains out their eye from the back of their head based on the words or comment from a woman you've met 20 seconds before? Start barking out orders and think the rest of the world is going to jump to seconds after you open your magic mouth because, ooooh, you have a gun?

The crap LEO's get around here and then in this thread it looks like a loose ball at a high school football game with people who can't wait for the chance to shoot their gun and they don't even know either person's name, who's property they are on, or if either person is armed before they start shooting. Go back and read some of those "jump on the cop" threads and apply what was said about those bad shoots to what people have said they would do here.

Grow up Tonto.

Call it in, call for back up, document a sit rep, evaluate and act. It's all going to be evaluated in court by a pack of arm chair quarter backs with all the time in the world to think about it because if it all works perfectly there will be at least 2 living witnesses when it's over.
    :+1: I like a guy that calls 'em as he sees 'em.

jstrahl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 22, 2009
    Franklin
    I would certainly draw and yell at him to stop. However, I wouldn't waste much time on deciding to shoot him if he didn't immediately comply.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I voted that and I'm not trolling a bit. Even the police wouldn't take any of the actions on that list with out calling in for back up. That's unfortunate. It's just stupid. So says you, maybe you could open your mind up to think maybe your wrong, based on what most people would do? I'm not being smug here, I'm serious.

You can make a call on your cell phone and then evaluate the sit rep and still take any of the rest of those actions or any other better ones You didn't vote to take any actions after calling, you voted to walk away. but if you have access to comunications most of these other claims to action are pretty stupid based on no more than you are likely to know walking up on the situation. Read the OP, it is said that you know for a fact that it is a rape - not much room for hypotheticals in this situation. It was a straightforward question, not one meant to make it more than it is. Just walk up and blow some one's brains out their eye from the back of their head based on the words or comment from a woman you've met 20 seconds before? Doesn't matter when you met her, if you read the OP it says it is clearly a rape. Start barking out orders and think the rest of the world is going to jump to seconds after you open your magic mouth because, ooooh, you have a gun? I don't know if he will or not, but he better. Doesn't matter if I have a gun or not.

Grow up Tonto.
    Grow some Pocahontas.

Call it in, call for back up, document a sit rep, evaluate and act. Or walk away it seems? It's all going to be evaluated in court by a pack of arm chair quarter backs (jury of peers?) with all the time in the world to think about it because if it all works perfectly there will be at least 2 living witnesses when it's over.

I hope that nothing like that ever happens to anybody I know - ever; but if it did, I would hope that somebody would act on the situation IMMEDIATLY to stop it. I know that if it was the other way around, I would do everything in my power to stop your wife/mother/daughter from letting that happen to her the moment I knew what was going down.

I carry for protection of myself and others. I am protective of women. I despise skum. Add this all up and it just makes sense to me:dunno:.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    What would you "walk up and shoot" guys do if you found out after the fact that she was a an absolute psychotic, gutter-slut trading her services for a meth fix, and 3/4 of the way through she had a crisis of conscience? The meth dealer, who had not yet had a chance to "dismount" was her friend and she denies she was being raped.

Last edited:

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    What would you "walk up and shoot" guys do if you found out after the fact that she was a an absolute psychotic, gutter-slut trading her services for a meth fix, and 3/4 of the way through she had a crisis of conscience? The meth dealer, who had not yet had a chance to "dismount" was her friend and she denies she was being raped.
    Read the OP. There are no "what if's." It's stated that it's 100% rape in the scenario given.

Top Bottom