• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would you CC where signs are posted if you feel in some degree of a danger.

• Total voters

monitor51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    West Central IN
    I see it has been mentioned several times, if there isn't a law on the books that says I can't, I won't. Other I'll take note of the sign and make sure they don't know I have it.

Lead Head

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Northeast Indiana
    I won't say if I do or don't but I will say it's totally ridiculous to be required to unload and register your weapon at a gun show of all places. :rolleyes:

I'm sure someone will try to paint me a reason why (I really don't care) but you could buy the ammo inside the show and mags, etc. and go on a rampage. I pitty the fool who does such a thing as other attendees are surely armed as well.

This guy :chuck: won't always be there to save the day either.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I won't say if I do or don't but I will say it's totally ridiculous to be required to unload and register your weapon at a gun show of all places. :rolleyes:

I've always found it odd as well. But, with all of the folks coonfingering (that's the technical term) the guns all day, it might reduce the NDs to a tolerable level. Well, other than the NDs OUTSIDE when folks are unloading/reloading. Wish they would provide a safe place......

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Just so you all know...this is all just opinions, we have different ones from time to time...but ultimately we are all gun lovers and love to shoot and carry.

Im just a bit more careful about where i go with it then some...so group hug :D

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you still misunderstand..

In Indiana, ignoring a "No Guns" sign is nowhere in the Indiana Code(laws) regarding firearms. Even if one refuses to leave after being asked, and is charged, the charge will have nothing to do with firearms, but rather, it will be a trespassing charge.

Now, in other States, like North Carolina for example, No Guns signs DO hold force of law, and are specifically mentioned in their Code. So, walking into a store that has such a sign there is breaking a gun related law.

See the difference?

Oh, and just for the record, this has been discussed before, and we have had attorneys weigh in on it, just so you know we aren't conversing via our posteriors :D

doubleshock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    hamilton county
    I cc 24/7. I pretty much ignore any posted notices. I just don't give a rat's ass what anyone thinks about me or what I do anymore. I agree with "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6" saying. So far after years of cc, no one has ever noticed or said anything to me concerning whether I am armed or not anyway.

goColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Boone County
    Oh, and if I feel like I would be in danger - I WOULD NOT GOT THERE.

+1 I've never understood why some people say they only carry when they feel they need to. I carry all the time because I never know when I'll need to use a gun to defend myself.

I agree with the above; If I knew I'd need a gun to go someplace, I simply would not go there.

Like the BSA motto says: Be Prepared

gvonpaul

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2011
    Indianapolis

I'm sure someone will try to paint me a reason why (I really don't care) but you could buy the ammo inside the show and mags, etc. and go on a rampage. I pitty the fool who does such a thing as other attendees are surely armed as well.

This guy :chuck: won't always be there to save the day either.
    Not to try and 'paint you a reason why,' but at Guitar SHows, they make note of the serial numbers and models of whatever gear you bring in (actually they do it at Guitar Center too) just because of the sheer volume of gear going in and out in order to make sure no one gets ripped off. I do agree it's kinda silly to unload it, though.

IndyMedic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Indianapolis
    As long as its not prohibited by law I will carry if I feel the need to. I haven't had an issue yet but I am sure it will come up eventually.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    If it's posted no carry, I take my business someplace else

Me too. This is being discussed primarily as a legal issue when it is really a matter of respect for private property. It is hypocritical to trample one right in order to exercise another.

trillobite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Muncie
    The great irony of anyone trying to say a "NO GUNS" sign is law....is that none of these signs have exclusions for LEOs.....yes, obviously, any officer responding to a incident at the business, must disarm before entering?:dunno:
    There used to be signs for other forbidden things/people, doesn't make it right.

Top Bottom