• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    If I had any guns I might consider hiding a few in different places, along with sufficient ammo, just in case the government decided to declare martial law and confiscate all guns (remember Katrina?). Unfortunately, I lost all of my guns in a recent boating accident. :dunno:

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Well I think mostly the people that take the bury a gun option arent interested in neighbors banding together they take the loner roll and have their guns buried out in the country and when something goes down they think that they can get to them if need be.

Possibly. But even the most prepared lone survivalist can't defend multiple directions at the same time.

Unless they secure a bunch of M18-A1's :D

It's just not a practical way to store a firearm. Notwithstanding the horrible conditions you would subject it to, I just don't see the point. Even if it was stashing a firearm in a remote location as a "home-base-is-compromised-bug-out-to-plan-b-location weapon, I think there are enough man made and natural above ground stashing options.

But, to each their own. Nothing wrong with a plan B - however you put it together.

Backyardace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    If you did put a gun in the ground for "safe keeping" would you do it on your property? Make sure it is not located near utilities as they seem to dig those up every so often.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I always hear people saying they would bury a gun for a shtf event. Just wondering what peoples opinions are on this topic. Would you or wouldnt you?

I know of an obscure piece of property somewhere N of I70 and S of I90 where there are "several" guns buried, :whistle: along with a sufficient amount of ammo for each. One gets dug up and inspected for condition then planted again each year, just to make sure they remain in useable condition.

:popcorn:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I've designed a viable way to bury an AR using PVC tube and fittings, partially disassembled, some mags and ammo, plus any tools to reassemble. It's a totally sealed environment so no bad conditions, vertical (think post-hole digger), not very deep so easy to access, yet difficult to detect. I plan to build a couple basic ones up and do this. Worried about metal detectors? Drop some random piece of steel over it and when the detector goes, they'll find that and hopefully stop looking. I'm forever finding nails, bricks and whatnot in my yard.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Or if you have a reasonable suspicion that might happen in the not-to-distant future. It's pretty high margin preparedness, but if you can do it, why not?

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    True story from few years ago...Don't remember which mag I read it in.
    Guy comes home from work the cops are at his house, doors off hinges. He ends up in the back of a squad car.in cuffs. They end up ransacking his home destroying his home made safe. Finding nothing illegal they release him and leave. Not even an apology.
    Their probable cause? A tip from his divorcing wife that he had 'machine guns'.
    Let's say they took his guns to "check the serial numbers" He might need a lawyer
    to get them back...someday. If he can afford one .
    Be nice to have a back up hidden in case the crazy ex sends her 300lb boyfriend
    over to beat the hell out of you...
    {seen these things happen in the Peoples Republic of Illinois]

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    True story from few years ago...Don't remember which mag I read it in.
    Guy comes home from work the cops are at his house, doors off hinges. He ends up in the back of a squad car.in cuffs. They end up ransacking his home destroying his home made safe. Finding nothing illegal they release him and leave. Not even an apology.
    Their probable cause? A tip from his divorcing wife that he had 'machine guns'.
    Let's say they took his guns to "check the serial numbers" He might need a lawyer
    to get them back...someday. If he can afford one .
    Be nice to have a back up hidden in case the crazy ex sends her 300lb boyfriend
    over to beat the hell out of you...
    {seen these things happen in the Peoples Republic of Illinois]

Happens more than you know.

Top Bottom