• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    Thanks in advance for the quality advice I have come to expect from this forum. I have a M&P 9C which I do like very much. I have have always liked and respected Sig Sauer. I am thinking about selling my M&P and getting either a P226 or the SP2022. Looking for feedback on both. I would use this as an everyday carry .:dunno::dunno:

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    If I were you I'd get the 226 it isn't cheap but well worthbit all metal construction iv had several 226s and have only sold them cause they weren't the stainless model with the rail iv never had a ftf fte jam etc their awsome duty guns very accurate Im not too familir with the 2022 tho

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a P226 and its a great weapon. But I would not sell the M&P to get one. Your M&P 9c is the compact version and will be alot easier to conceal than the full sized P226, Also the M&P is lighter by quite a bit and thats somthing to consider. I have to tell you honestly Im a huge fan of Sig but the SP2022 is one I wouldnt consider, nor the P250. Infact its probably best to stear clear of all polymer Sigs. They just cant seem to figure out how to make a poly gun work reliably. Im sure I will get jumped for saying that but its been my experiance.

I would stick with the M&Pc for daily carry, save up and then buy the Sig P226 Mk25 If it were me in your shoes.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I have no personal experience with the SP2022, although it apparently enjoys a very good reputation as a lighter weight, less expensive SIG pistol among those that own it. The trigger in particular is spoken of quite favorably. I think this may be a better bet in a polymer SIG than the P250 which has an interchangeable fire control group, but has experienced some hiccups, I understand.

The SIG P226 is a classic pistol, one of the best designs ever executed, in my opinion. Ergonomics, point-ability, ruggedness...I prefer the older W. German versions, but I think it would be impossible to go wrong with this choice.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I've not owned or shot a p226, but I've owned the other two. I really like Sigs. I was fairly accurate with it, a bit more than the M&Ps. Took a bit to get used to the DA first shot, but after a bit of practice it was no problem. I ended selling my 2022, only because I had other M&P and already had accessories for them.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    No experiance with the 2022. But I do carry a 226 everyday. A good belt is a must if you plan on carrying it, They do get heavy.
    They are a large pistol thats for sure. I'm 5'6" and weigh 145lbs. and I can conceal it pretty well.
    Don't be affraid of buying a used Sig. For about $150 you can send it to Sig and they will completely go through it,test for function, install all new springs ,and night sights.
    If you are buying an older one the only suggestion I have is to pull the slide off and make sure its not the model with the scalloped rails, they tend to crack.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've had both and I still have the 226. There was nothing wrong with the 2022, but I just prefer the 226 because of its metal construction and ability to change out grips and sites.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I can vouch for the quality, reliability and accuracy of both the P226 and the SP2022. I've shot about 300 rounds through a family members' P226 and although I love it, I don't want one for the cost.

In fact, I think the SP2022 is by all standards, the most underrated handgun in modern production. Hold both, see what you think - but the SP2022 is a winner. If I ever got the good amount I'd want for my Glock (basically what I'm paying for it since it's cheap on sale) then I'd get an SP2022 in its' place in a heartbeat. And I'm a glock fanboy, that says something.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I acquired a 2022 a few weeks ago, and the only drawback is it only comes with one magazine, and Sig is very proud of extra ones. After buying a couple of extra mags and a fobus holster for a $100, I'm very content and extremely happy I purchased it. It is very smooth, and fits well in my hand, and is extremely light, and it even looks good. It's my first Sig, and now, probably not my last.

Mech45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    NWI
    226 was one of my first CC guns and I loved it, very accurate and always worked, but it is on the large side. If your looking primarily for a CC SIG I would look at a 229, it still has 13 rounds in the mag but it's smaller and lighter overall then the 226. Since you can never have to many guns I've been thinking about a 229 Elite Dark myself. :twocents:

Chris

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Trying to CCW a P226 is a little awkward, mostly because of the profile the magazine floor plate gives off.

Doesn't seem as if there's an alternative that fixes that.

They're solid and reliable guns, I think they're a tad overpriced though. I have a P226 Platinum Elite, never had any issues with it besides having to constantly keep it dripping with oil to keep it from rusting. Wish I would have got a base model now, especially with the normal trigger instead of the short trigger. I don't find the SRT kit in it really helps much either.

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    I acquired a 2022 a few weeks ago, and the only drawback is it only comes with one magazine, and Sig is very proud of extra ones. After buying a couple of extra mags and a fobus holster for a $100, I'm very content and extremely happy I purchased it. It is very smooth, and fits well in my hand, and is extremely light, and it even looks good. It's my first Sig, and now, probably not my last.

+1 Well said friend. That was my experience as well - only drawback being one magazine. And it obviously wasn't my only Sig, I've got one of their 1911's on me now =)

Travis45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Albany
    I just recently picked up a new SIG Sauer P220R with night sights and E2 grip and I love it. I've owned 4 SIGs and regreted getting rid of the other ones. SIG Sauer makes a quality firearm.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Sig Pro's triggers are butter smooth. You can find good buys on GB. If you're on a budget and can live with the older Sig proprietary rail the original SP2009 or 2340 Sig Pros are great deals. There is a lot of information and advice on SigForum. Buy one in .40 then pick up a .357 barrel and you have basically two guns. There was a unique SP2009 with a rare slide safety at FourGuns in Lafayette a couple weeks ago. It included 1-15 and 1-10 rnd mag.

Philabuster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Laporte, IN
    I recently bought a P250 and was honestly scarred to death after reading some of the "avoid the plastic Sig" posts. My personal experience is that it has been a great shooter.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I truly love my S&W M&P PRO in 9mm

SWMPPro9mma.jpg

And while it's a great shooter ...

So are my Sig P226

SigSauerP2262.jpg

and so is my Sig P2022

SigP202240cal2-1.jpg

While all three shoot very good ...

If I could only have one .

It would be my Sig P226 in 9mm

Good luck with your search.

:cool:

thecollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    NWI
    I am big on sig over smith autos. If you can carry the large 226, go with that. I have also a 250 but prefer the more "classics" shall we call them. They just will not let you down.

Top Bottom