• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    For a while, Taurus made a full-size or medium frame gun in 380. seems like just the ticket. it held 20 rounds! plenty of weight to soak up recoil, plenty of slide to grab hold of. Probably cheap-ish. If you can't rack a big 380 slide, you should probably be looking at revolvers and tip-up barrels. Edit: Taurus 58, "a sized down 92", looks kinda cool.

A mid-frame revolver is still the perfect answer. If you can't pull the 6-8lb DA trigger of a decent revolver, you might consider physical therapy. or paying for a trigger job, since some companies think a 12lb trigger is just fine.

Post about inability to pull triggers and rack slides cause me concern that the person lacks the dexterity to safely manipulate the firearm. Or are we trying to market a firearm that has no recoil and no moving parts and is also safe, points naturally, has a light trigger, but only goes off when you want it to, and requires no physical effort to safely operate? Seems reasonable.

Last edited:

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    Or are we trying to market a firearm that has no recoil and no moving parts and is also safe, points naturally, has a light trigger, but only goes off when you want it to, and requires no physical effort to safely operate? Seems reasonable.

Like I said earlier - you are describing a Star Trek Phaser.

INDYFAN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Fishers
    You mentioned the Ruger SR22. It is indeed a weak round compared to the SD calibers. But, having reached my 77th year I find there is one or two (maybe more) things I can't realistically do. I carry my S&W Shield 9 most of the time, but it is hard for me to rack the slide and the mag release is difficult at times. Range time has proven to me that I am having trouble getting back on target for the second round. Sooo..... I quite often carry my sweet little SR22. I am much more accurate with it. I can put 10 rounds of CCI Stinger hollow points on target quicker than I can get 2 or 3 9mm SD rounds there. I'm thinking the number of rounds I can accurately place on target will make up for the lack of bullet weight. Plus, the SR22 is lighter and smaller than the Shield. Or, the G19 I used to carry.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Does such a puppy exist? I know the Bersa Thunder fits many of these criteria, as does the aforementioned PK380, but both are single stacks.

Bersa Thunder Plus is double stack. 15+1 rounds.

Here is one next to a standard Bersa Thunder:
    BersaThunder380Plus2.jpg

And just for good measure:

[video=youtube;ymSz8MuVBIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymSz8MuVBIU[/video]

Top Bottom