Worse thing you've ever done ( and care to admit to ) in high school?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    If you watched my most recent live stream I tell a story about a time the police came to visit me in highschool bc of a website I made.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    When I was 18, you couldn't drink any alcohol in Indiana, but in Ohio you could drink 3.2 Beer. There was a place called The Triangle in Greenville OH. We'd have a car-load of us and we'd go there, staying on the backroads. They had "Quarter Beer Night" and live bands. We had some great times there.

I went the other direction. Looking older at 18, managing a large business while wearing a tie. I stopped at the liquor store in Muncie on the way home a couple times a week.

Never got to the Triangle, but I had a lot of friends that did. Some didn't make it back home.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    that I’m willing to share.

Two stories, one observed, one participated.

Brown County High School, 1976. I suppose I shouldn’t use someone else’s name without permission, so will just call him TheEditor. I’m pretty sure he was the editor of the school newspaper and also the yearbook, and a few years later he owned, published, and edited the Brown County Democrat newspaper.

One of the things he did during his high school career was read the morning announcements over the school intercom. So the office staff was used to him walking in behind office counter, and he knew how to use the intercom system. Shortly before he graduated in he walked into the office in the middle of the afternoon, grabbed the microphone and announced that there was a special convocation of all the seventh and eighth grade students and they should immediately report to the gym. The teachers of course realized this was probably ********, but still about half the junior high school students managed to bolt from their classrooms and ran down to the gym to interrupt the PE classes.

He was also the class student president and spoke at the graduation. The first thing he did was thank the janitorial staff for supervising his penance of dusting dozens of sports trophies in the trophy case in the lobby all day Saturday.

————

BCHS 1978. Me and Patience0830 are on our way out the door, although I don’t know if he knows about this one.

There was a teacher who was popular with our class. I can’t make the story work without using his name, but not saying anything bad about him so his name was Gredy.

The high school National Honor Society made money by selling the soft drinks in the vending machine, that was in the teachers lounge. In those days students did not have access to a soda vending machine, this was a teacher perk, and we made money off of their soda addictions. As a part of this we National Honor Society students had to take turns restocking the soda machine immediately after school. This was something of a life-threatening duty because the teachers all smoked like stacks, and they could smoke only in the lounge so when we went in there right after school was out to refill, it was like entering a forest fire.

One of the other National Honor Society students, by the initials DH (who later became an oncologist) and I cooked up a prank. There may have been somebody else in on it, I can’t remember.

Anyway, we stole a can of Miller beer from the DH’s dad’s supply and I made a new label for it that said “Gredy’s Mineral Water.” On our last day we loaded it into the Coca-Cola column of the vending machine right under the teachers’ noses. The next day students were off but the teachers all had to show up to finalize grades and put them on punch cards to be shipped to a computer in Bloomington, and then printed out and brought back to Nashville to distribute to students. Ah, the good old days.

We know somebody got the beer. For some reason, DH and I had to sneak back into school that day to clean out a locker or something, so we waited until the end of day when we thought all the teachers had gone home. However, as we were leaving Gredy himself stepped out of a room way down the hall, saw us and started yelling. We both booked for the parking lot and didn’t look back. ;) Never heard anything more about it.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    "Those were the days my friend...We thought they would never end...".

Went to a big HS in Western NY. There was several class plays/all school musical/convocations every year. I was part of the stage crew, students who built the sets, ran the lights/ etc for all this. We had a set of keys and it turns out one was a master key for most of the doors in the school.

One afternoon a friend ran up to me and asked for the keys. We went to the room that had a tape recorder and mic for the national anthem and announcements every morning. He swapped the anthem with a tape of Jimi Hendrix playing it. Next morning they played it all the way thru before catching it.

The stage also had a room full of props. One was a stuffed Black Bear full-sized. The principal, Mr Peterson was a fire breathing dragon of a disciplinarian. We use said master key to go into the office and then into his office. Put the bear at his desk with empty whiskey bottle, cigs, a fedora on his head and trench coat. Mr Peterson thought it was hilarious and made us put it back, a pic made the year book that year.

Had some heavy paper left over from something on stage, about 8' by 10'. Folded it into a paper airplane and launched it off the roof of the school. The school was on a steep hill so the back went down to a valley full of factories. The airplane caught an updraft, flew around for 15 minutes and got lost over the town. Never found out where it landed.

Don

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I called a contractor for a bid for an expansion to the HS. They showed up were measuring for the expansion. I also told them we wanted the basement filled in with concrete.

I think it made the local paper never got caught.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I'm not admitting to an incident that involved a foreign exchange student, a trip to Chicago and 6 months of alcohol counseling.

Another... My first semester of my freshman year and the ROTC teacher bought a new bmw. Some boys thought it would be funny to wrap it in saran wrap. Unfortunately the sun baked the wrap to the car and it peeled the paint in several places when he was removing it.

JayCo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2024
    Marion County
    When I was 18, you couldn't drink any alcohol in Indiana, but in Ohio you could drink 3.2 Beer. There was a place called The Triangle in Greenville OH. We'd have a car-load of us and we'd go there, staying on the backroads. They had "Quarter Beer Night" and live bands. We had some great times there.
    It's so funny that you mention the Triangle. I'm actually originally from Greenville, and the Triangle was the go-to place for anyone under 21 in the area. Cops would be there on their days off seeing kids drink and wouldn't say anything. We're in the middle of cornfields and there's nothing else to do

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    M friend from the time that I was 13 yrs old, to when he passed away, was "Big Steve". He was the national enforcer for Bandidos Nation.
    Like others, I won't tell many stories online. Use your imagination !

1723185376449.png

Top Bottom