Work Progression Photos of The New Store & Indoor Range Facility !!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Anyone else remember those old Mervyn's commercials? (were there Mervyn's out here?)

Open.....open.....open.....open.....

JustAMom

Plinker
    Jul 23, 2012
    Beech Grove, IN
    Anyone else remember those old Mervyn's commercials? (were there Mervyn's out here?)

Open.....open.....open.....open.....

Don't think that there was mervyn's here....(for those that don't know, it was a retail store, owned by Target, but was just like Kohls.) Everytime they had a sale, they would have these commercials, with a bugged eyed mom, her face pressed against the glass, 5 hours early -saying "open...open...open,".
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebD2r-8vo8Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Wow, don't know why I had the need to explain that....:dunno:

Last edited:

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    Updates!!!

#1- All employees of BGF are now certified NRA Range Safety Officers (except one that couldn't make it...he will be soon), and all emplyees are now American Red Cross C.P.R. and AED trained. The store will have a AED in place as well as all the normal First Aid kits for minor bumps and bruises up to GSW's. Yipppeee!!!

#2- The move officially started today!!! Double Yippppeeee!!!

#3- Two semi's arrived from Utah today with rubber backstop material for the berm!!! Triple Yipppeee!!!!
    Getting awful yippee in here hehe

Can't wait to see the new place

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I drove by today and noticed all the bags of rubber are gone, and there where a couple of guys undoing the sign on the side of the building! Things must be moving along smoothly!

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hi Everybody;

I stopped in at the new store and range Wednesday morning 10/10/12 to see how everything was going and the place is looking great. The inventory from the old store has been moved over to the new store with more new products to arrive Friday I'm told and of course it will only get better as time goes on.

The range section of the new place is being held up by the HVAC system installation. It was suppose to take 5 days but it has now been 3 weeks and counting.
    It is a very expensive and complicated system to provide shooters with clean warm air in the winter and cool clean air in the summer so be patient for a while longer.

As soon as the HVAC people are through, the range people can finish up and the range will be ready to open.
    In the mean time I am told that the new store itself will open on Monday, 10/15/12 at 10:00 am.
    I did not ask about the Grand Opening Party because that will depend on when the range is finished but it will be GRAND! I'm sure.

In the mean time the turf and flowers are going in to make the outside look presentable. That's Micheals area of expertise.

All in all this has been a BIG, LONG and COSTLY endeavor for Greg and Micheal and the whole gang at Beech Grove Firearms so let's all show them our support by checking the place out.

Also. Now this is NOT official, but I have been lobbying for free 1/2 hour range time if you purchase a firearm. You will have to buy the ammo though. So we'll see how that goes in the coming days. Again, this is not official. YET?

Dan.

cromus

Plinker
    Apr 27, 2011
    I'm definately looking forward to the opening. It will be nice to have a range within minutes of the house.

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Jun 15, 2011
    Did the soft launch happen today? I just got back in from VA this afternoon and I don't see any updates on the FB page or here.

Thanks

IndyPrepper

I heard the commercial on WIBC today!!!! Never been more excited! Well, okay, maybe a little once or twice;) I suspect it will be at least a few weeks after the opening before I show up though, give things a chance to settle down and let everyone get into their groove first... Congratulations guys, I know it's been quite the trip down a LOOOONG road.

curraheeguns

Master
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Ok.....enough unoffical updates, how about an official one!!

#1- We are on schedule for the soft opening for this coming Monday, October 15, 2012 at 10am. Come be the first customers through the door at the beautiful new Beech Grove Firearms!!!

#2- We keep hearing rumors about a fire......we have had no fire. Where the heck did that come from???

#3- The range......aaaarrrrrhhhhhhgggggg. We are GUESSTIMATING that the range opening is delayed to around December 1st.

#4- SSNFA EAST..... It is now offical that SSNFA EAST will be hosted in the new Beech Grove Firearms as a seperate 07FFL/02 SOT. SSNFA EAST will be a wholesale (dealer) only NFA Manufacturing business that has transformed from the old "SSNFA" in Danville, IN. Beech Grove Firearms will sell the old SSNFA product lines through our retail shop (Thompson Machine, Liberty Suppressors, Lewis Machine & Tool...etc.)

Updated Photos As Of Today:

bgff7.jpg

bgff6.jpg

bgff5.jpg

bgff4.jpg

bgff3.jpg

bgff2.jpg

bgff1.jpg

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    10 a/m untill they run the last guy out.
    I don't know when they have decided to close but my best guess would be 8:00 or 9:00 p/m but l'll post it when I find out.

OK, Micheal said the hours would be
    10:00 am to 7:00 pm Mon-Thur and 10:00am to 10:00pm Friday - Sunday after the range is operational.

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Ok.....enough unoffical updates, how about an official one!!

#1- We are on schedule for the soft opening for this coming Monday, October 15, 2012 at 10am. Come be the first customers through the door at the beautiful new Beech Grove Firearms!!!

#2- We keep hearing rumors about a fire......we have had no fire. Where the heck did that come from???

#3- The range......aaaarrrrrhhhhhhgggggg. A 5-7 day HVAC quote is on week 4 with another 2 weeks probable. Then the range company from Utah has to take over for completion. We are GUESSTIMATING that the range opening is delayed around 4 weeks at this point. (November 15th'ish)

#4- SSNFA EAST..... It is now offical that SSNFA EAST will be hosted in the new Beech Grove Firearms as a seperate 07FFL/02 SOT. SSNFA EAST will be a wholesale (dealer) only NFA Manufacturing business that has transformed from the old "SSNFA" in Danville, IN. Beech Grove Firearms will sell the old SSNFA product lines through our retail shop (Thompson Machine, Liberty Suppressors, Lewis Machine & Tool...etc.)

Updated Photos As Of Today:

bgff7.jpg

bgff6.jpg

bgff5.jpg

bgff4.jpg

bgff3.jpg

bgff2.jpg

bgff1.jpg

Now that's change I can believe in!

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Was able to "sneak" in, Sat. 13th, with a couple of other "customers", and the inside of the store, is GREAT ! Rifles, Shotguns, and handguns, all neatly organized, and READY for SALE !!!!! Didn't ask for a tour, as everyone was busy, getting ready for Mon. open... Will definatley be back, can't wait to shoot on another nice new range !!!!! Good job, everyone !!!!! :yesway:

Top Bottom