• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    OK I am seeing Duluth quite a bit, 5.11 (they make some less tactical stuff), Vertex, Propper. Thanks guys!

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    OK I am seeing Duluth quite a bit, 5.11 (they make some less tactical stuff), Vertex, Propper. Thanks guys!

The Duluth may be beyond what you need VERT. The 5.11 or Vertex stuff would probably work fine for you. I wear that stuff out too quick, but I would imagine that as long as they have a reinforced seat, you would be ok. :):

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The Duluth may be beyond what you need VERT. The 5.11 or Vertex stuff would probably work fine for you. I wear that stuff out too quick, but I would imagine that as long as they have a reinforced seat, you would be ok. :):

Good Burn! Rep sent. Wouldn't hurt so bad I fit wasn't true.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If I'm not in Levi's, it's Duluth. For long pants, it's the fire hose work pants.
    I have a couple pair of heavily used long pants waiting for me to get around to sending them in for their No Bull Guarantee. I've been told they honor this without question?

***Here is an e-mail flyer (today only) for 20% off $100 order.***
    http://link.duluthtradingemail.com/...eview?a=zjE-gesEtV5im4Gjdmpr8Z&msgVersion=web

Duluth is pricey, the smart way to buy is when on sale. Well worth signing up for e-mail notifications. They run a lot of sales.

Last edited:

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    They DO honor it without question.

I sent one pair of insulated ones in, and received the new ones. Ripped them out to pieces just like every. other. work pant. I have ever owned.

I did not elect to make them honor the guarantee again, as it's not really a problem with the product. They did last longer than everybody else's stuff though.

-Nate

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    They DO honor it without question.

I sent one pair of insulated ones in, and received the new ones. Ripped them out to pieces just like every. other. work pant. I have ever owned.

I did not elect to make them honor the guarantee again, as it's not really a problem with the product. They did last longer than everybody else's stuff though.

They do last a long time, especially if you can get by the idea of over washing them. Washing when needed (or when really needed,:):) as opposed to every use, if that's possible. Mine always wear out around the front pockets and oddly :scratch: around 3:00 inside the waste-band.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I am hell on pants, but these Carhartt's have been my go-to's since I discovered them:
    Cotton Ripstop Pant
    Very durable and comfortable.

The only Duluth's I have are the fire hose ones. Great in cooler weather, and hotter than hell in summer. That said, they're built ridiculously tough.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am hell on pants, but these Carhartt's have been my go-to's since I discovered them:
    Cotton Ripstop Pant
    Very durable and comfortable.

The only Duluth's I have are the fire hose ones. Great in cooler weather, and hotter than hell in summer. That said, they're built ridiculously tough.

Hotter then hell in summer is a no go for me. I would rather have lighter weight. If working outside in cool weather I wear Carhart bibs over my pants.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Check out LA Police Gear, they sometimes have their own private label stuff (5.11 level quality in most cases in my experience) at very good prices. I've had great luck with Tru-Spec also, I rotated five pairs of those as work pants for 2 years, still have them. Durable as hell, and have lots of room and pockets galore. Some styles may be a bit too "tactical" for office settings however.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Check out LA Police Gear, they sometimes have their own private label stuff (5.11 level quality in most cases in my experience) at very good prices. I've had great luck with Tru-Spec also, I rotated five pairs of those as work pants for 2 years, still have them. Durable as hell, and have lots of room and pockets galore. Some styles may be a bit too "tactical" for office settings however.

That is the route I thought about going. Price on the LAPG stuff is good. Problem is my size must be popular because they are always out. Must not be that many guys with a 32" waist or who wear a men's medium because those are always on clearance.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I did buy the wife and myself some of the LAPG pants. They are comfortable. They came in at right around or just under $20 a pair I believe. Idk which ones they are but they are definitely more of a "tactical" pant. I bought them for around the house chores and casual wear. For that, they have been just fine.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    If you can make it to the Indy 1500 when it opens there is a guy that sells vertx seconds for $10 a pair. I have about seven pair so far and they are great. The popular sizes go really fast. There will be a sticker with a arrow pointing to the defect. They must have very good quality control people because Without the sticker you would never find anything wrong with them in my opinion. If your looking on the cheap the wrangler cargos for $20 at Walmart hold up pretty well for the money.

jspy5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Southern Marion County
    I have on recently found some of the Carhart Force pants and am looking forward to see how they perform once the weather turns a little colder. They appear to be just what I'm looking for.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom