• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oh... I don't know if I have the appetite for another BLM good/bad debate but let's see where this one goes :popcorn:

It's my belief that the BLM has over stepped their bounds...Many of these ranchers have been running cattle and sheep on BLM land since the 19th century and for the Feds to step in now and say they are "over grazing" and "hurting the environment" just seems like a major over reach....

I am shocked over the support being given to them by city folk that have probably never spent time on a working ranch.....

IMHO

:)

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Time and drugs combined, a tough combination on body.

keith-richards02_grande.jpg

"Nah mate...That's just an old wive's tale.....":)

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Everyone got exactly what they wanted out of that interaction.
    The lady with the shirt
    The banned vendor
    The farmers' market

I suspect each person involved went home with a great deal of personal satisfaction and gratification.

They knew their role in the theatre, and played it.

Don't forget INGO - we got what we wanted. :popcorn:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    BLM is a racist and hate group? How so?
    Are we saying these are universal traits, and if so, what race do they think they are superior to, and who do they universally hate?[/QUOTE

Right now it's only Black Lives Matter shirts Kut, how long until they break out the shirts they really want to wear?

View attachment 48492

Wait a minute, Ford or Bulger?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Have to agree that BLM IS a racist hate group, good on the produce owner for refusing service, I wish more people would stand up to these animals, yes animals, not people.

Please do not insult animals. I don't know of any of those that act out of hate.

Also:

racism

[rey-siz-uh m]

noun
    1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
    2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Source: Dictionary.com Unabridged
    Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2016.

To me, it works both ways, and apparently, that's in agreement with the actual definition of the word. Also, for me, the test is if you substitute any other group into the name and it's called racist by members or supporters of the actual group. Of the three that come to mind while thinking of things like this, two reference Black groups: NAACP (NAAWP?) BLM (WLM?) and "La Raza" (The White Race?)
    I can't at this point in time think of any group that solely promotes White people to the exclusion of others, certainly none that do so in their very name, and are not racist. (and to avoid the obvious joke, no, I don't mean NASCAR)

I will also state that I'm leaving my mod hat on, despite my participation in this thread with this post. The site rules have not been rescinded. If anyone needs a reminder, click the leftmost link in the bottom line of my sig.

Blessings,
    Bill

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I find it hilarious how people think that just because they have freedom of speech and expression, that they are free from ridicule and repercussions.

I'm sure she would be unhappy with the KKK wearing bed sheets around her community. KKK has killed less people in the past few years than BLM has.
    As for detractors of my comment, I don't care what YOU say BLM stands for. I've sat through endless hours of their protests and rallies and listened to the members themselves explain what BLM stands for, I'll take their word above yours.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Please do not insult animals. I don't know of any of those that act out of hate.

Also:

To me, it works both ways, and apparently, that's in agreement with the actual definition of the word. Also, for me, the test is if you substitute any other group into the name and it's called racist by members or supporters of the actual group. Of the three that come to mind while thinking of things like this, two reference Black groups: NAACP (NAAWP?) BLM (WLM?) and "La Raza" (The White Race?)
    I can't at this point in time think of any group that solely promotes White people to the exclusion of others, certainly none that do so in their very name, and are not racist. (and to avoid the obvious joke, no, I don't mean NASCAR)

I will also state that I'm leaving my mod hat on, despite my participation in this thread with this post. The site rules have not been rescinded. If anyone needs a reminder, click the leftmost link in the bottom line of my sig.

Blessings,
    Bill

I've asked these questions repeatedly, in several different threads, and unless I missed it, I haven't seen anyone respond; so I'll ask you.

Are we saying these are universal traits, and if so, what race do they think they are superior to, and who do they universally hate?

The KKK, NBPP, Nazis, NOI are all racist groups. They think that their race is superior, and hate people that are not members of their race. I think that's a pretty much well-accepted baseline. Can you please answer the above questions I've asked and have fallen on deaf ears? I'd appreciate it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I find it hilarious how people think that just because they have freedom of speech and expression, that they are free from ridicule and repercussions.

I'm sure she would be unhappy with the KKK wearing bed sheets around her community. KKK has killed less people in the past few years than BLM has.
    As for detractors of my comment, I don't care what YOU say BLM stands for. I've sat through endless hours of their protests and rallies and listened to the members themselves explain what BLM stands for, I'll take their word above yours.

And you say you want to understand? That seems like a pretty convinced statement if you ask me. Care to cite the instance(s) of which you speak?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If you write that check and wear it in public be ready for what comes of it.

Possibly looking to be offended. Many are. It empowers them for a moment in their empty lives.

Or not.

I wear mine with pride! I didn't even care about buying one until I read all of the ignorance being spewed on here by people who obviously have no life.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    And you say you want to understand? That seems like a pretty convinced statement if you ask me. Care to cite the instance(s) of which you speak?

You're the one who told me I lack the capacity to understand and refused to even have a discussion.

So instead of going to you for information, I'll just go with what ever the protesters have to say, as they're more than happy to spell it out for anyone willing to listen.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You're the one who told me I lack the capacity to understand and refused to even have a discussion.

So instead of going to you for information, I'll just go with what ever the protesters have to say, as they're more than happy to spell it out for anyone willing to listen.

Fair enough. I figure it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. But anyways, how about citing these instances the BLM has killed people intentionally, as a way of forwarding their objectives.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    View attachment 48489

You gonna ride my coat tails and harass? Nevermind, of course you are... that's your M.O. I asked questions that are relevant, and on topic... and you come in with the harassment. If you don't like it ignore me, or I can stop by Lowe's and get you a few bags of sand to pound.
    :lmfao:

I'd planned on staying out of this one but that's some funny **** right there!!!!

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    I've asked these questions repeatedly, in several different threads, and unless I missed it, I haven't seen anyone respond; so I'll ask you.

Are we saying these are universal traits, and if so, what race do they think they are superior to, and who do they universally hate

The KKK, NBPP, Nazis, NOI are all racist groups. They think that their race is superior, and hate people that are not members of their race. I think that's a pretty much well-accepted baseline. Can you please answer the above questions I've asked and have fallen on deaf ears? I'd appreciate it.

I will give it a shot.

Definitionally, BLM is not a racist group. It is generally called racist because that is a shortcut way for people to express other differences they have with it.

The first premise of the movement/hashtag is that society as a whole, and LE in particular, values black lives less than they value the lives of at least some other races. People like to call this premise "racist" but it fundamentally is not. Rather, it is a nonspecific accusation of racism which may or may not be grounded in reality in any particular circumstance. As such, it is a shaky first premise on its face.

Most of the people, and LE in particular, who are being accused of being racist generally disagree with what is truly an over broad generalization, which makes complete sense. The reaction is to call BLM racist, when in reality they are saying that BLM is simply WRONG in its accusatory first premise. Even if the first premise is wrong, it doesn't somehow make it racist.

IMO, BLM is in some circumstances correct that there are times where race factors into how much a life is valued by some, but they are also wrong about the same thing a great deal of the time.

Factor in that the movement first hitched its wagon to the worst person possible, one Michael Brown, and it is unsurprising that it has some credibility issues out the gate. Additionally, it undoubtably has a significant number of members who are racist, but that is not somehow caused by them being BLM members. BLM didn't magically turn the guy who shot up the IMPD officers house into a racist cop hater, he was that to begin with.

BLM's first premise presumes that because of my race and occupation that I choose not to value black lives as I do others. They are wrong about this and I think it is bull****. That said, it doesn't mean that there are not those in society that do feel that way.

All the above is a long winded way of sayin: If BLM said that being racist is an inherent definitional characteristic which is an essential part of being of the white race, that would be a racist statement. However, that's not what I hear being said. What I hear is more along the lines of "you all need to stop being racist". While that statement may be factually incorrect, since it implies change is possible it is definitionally not racist.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom