Not open for further replies.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    When a thread detours....

The magic happens. :popcorn:

You're right. I've had my fun with JDT, so I guess I just have to wait until the next thread for him to appear. I'll stop responding to him. Ladies and Gents, this thread is back on track.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Lol, a promise is a promise. Anyways, typically one cannot not cite the rights of private property when they are doing business on govt property. I'd support this vendor's right if they were in their own store, but not if they are on govt property at their invitation, with them assuming liability.

Heavy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2016
    Tippecanoe County
    Against my better judgement, I'll say this...seems to me the lady with the statement shirt got exactly what she wanted when deciding upon which shirt to wear that day. Please believe that never is there a day that a woman doesn't over analyze what to wear. I'm not against her right to wear a BLM shirt anymore then I feel this was a discriminatory act towards a woman of color. The seller refused service not because they are a biggot, but because they felt strongly against the way BLM has carried themselves as a whole. They chose to ALSO make a statement and refuse service because that was their only method to get THEIR point across. Though it seems that because the seller is white this immediately becomes a anti-black blah blah blah thing. Let's say hypothetically if the seller were also a person of color, and disagreed with how BLM is going about things would it have made the news, likely not. Seeing as to how people can't discriminate against their own race....oh wait. If the seller had come out and said something hateful about her because she's black or black people in general as her reason for non service that's a different situation of course. Legally what the seller did was wrong in the eyes of the law, and as such as a law abiding citizen I must support the decision to ban them from returning. One last question... If a white man had on a White lives matter shirt and was refused service by a person of color would it be the buyer or seller being demonized in the news as the racist?

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Someone ought to go to a bakery ran by BLM adherents and ask for a Blue Lives Matter cake.

One could do that but wouldn't want to risk what might be added to the ingredients. Just like the gay couple that went to court to punish and force that bakery to make their cake. Just get over being offended and go somewhere else. So simple. I cannot say that if I were forced to bake a cake for someone like that, additives of an unpleasant sort would be under consideration... possibly. Hypothetically speaking of course.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Against my better judgement, I'll say this...seems to me the lady with the statement shirt got exactly what she wanted when deciding upon which shirt to wear that day. Please believe that never is there a day that a woman doesn't over analyze what to wear. I'm not against her right to wear a BLM shirt anymore then I feel this was a discriminatory act towards a woman of color. The seller refused service not because they are a biggot, but because they felt strongly against the way BLM has carried themselves as a whole. They chose to ALSO make a statement and refuse service because that was their only method to get THEIR point across. Though it seems that because the seller is white this immediately becomes a anti-black blah blah blah thing. Let's say hypothetically if the seller were also a person of color, and disagreed with how BLM is going about things would it have made the news, likely not. Seeing as to how people can't discriminate against their own race....oh wait. If the seller had come out and said something hateful about her because she's black or black people in general as her reason for non service that's a different situation of course. Legally what the seller did was wrong in the eyes of the law, and as such as a law abiding citizen I must support the decision to ban them from returning. One last question... If a white man had on a White lives matter shirt and was refused service by a person of color would it be the buyer or seller being demonized in the news as the racist?

Haven't we been here before with the 'Towtruck driver refuses to tow woman because of bumper sticker' thread?

Deja Vu. Something has changed in the matrix

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    One last question... If a white man had on a White lives matter shirt and was refused service by a person of color would it be the buyer or seller being demonized in the news as the racist?

I think we all know the answer to that. The national news might pick it up to avoid reporting on Hillary perjury investigations...

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Lol, a promise is a promise. Anyways, typically one cannot not cite the rights of private property when they are doing business on govt property. I'd support this vendor's right if they were in their own store, but not if they are on govt property at their invitation, with them assuming liability.
    Just because one leases from .gov doesn't make one a govt actor. At first blush the real question, legally, is what does the lease say?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Disregarding the fact that you make a clear stereotype of women, which weakens your argument considerably.

I don't really care if the vendor is racist or not, and would support their right their right to refuse service at their place of business (ie their private property). However, when one willingly participates in a city run event, held on city property, then they either relinquish their right to discriminate or participate.

Anyways, participate. In most instances, as long as you're civil, other people will be too. But every now and again... lol

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just because one leases from .gov doesn't make one a govt actor. At first blush the real question, legally, is what does the lease say?

I did use typically. Sure, the final verdict rests with the lease or agreement, which in most instances probably covers refusal of service; or it may written directly into city code concerning events like this.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    BLM is a racist and hate group? How so?
    Are we saying these are universal traits, and if so, what race do they think they are superior to, and who do they universally hate?[/QUOTE

Right now it's only Black Lives Matter shirts Kut, how long until they break out the shirts they really want to wear?

killwhitey.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom