• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    TL/DR VERSION: IU is full of hippies and they lie to everyone about history and live in a fantasy land where the white man is the big bad.

Only read the TL/DR, kinda shocked. I've taken some business classes at IUB and guest taught some physics there, never found that to be the case. I did take a couple of anthro classes at MIT and while they were taught appropriately soft for the soft sciences, there were no full blown hippies in charge. Maybe the weaker schools are just weak all over though.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Oh, okay, got it.

Why didn't the Indiana Fever do something much less controversial that doesn't involve this domestic terrorist group?

Why does it need to involve race?

Why couldn't they pay tribute to fallen officers, LGBTQ, etc. by saying just that? Or better yet, donate their pay for the game to the families of those fallen officers?

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...se-fined-wnba-shirts-wake-shootings/87395098/

[video=youtube;QdoJ4DVHac8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdoJ4DVHac8[/video]

Last edited:

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Maybe. And maybe those same people should stop voting for politicians who spend tax dollars to support sports corporations, but they probably won't.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So do a whole lot of privately owned organizations. There were no strings attached to those dollars that affect their political stances, as far as I know. Why should they be denied freedom of expression then?

Express on their own time. I am sure they could get a TV camera to give them some air time off the court.
    Using a sports venue to be politicized is not cool.
    Right or wrong......depends on where you stand but people pay to see a ball game not a political statement.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    people pay to see a ball game not a political statement.

I guess I'd rather let the people who run ball game companies decide what their patrons want rather than dictate to them from the peanut gallery. I'd also rather have leaders who, if it turns out to be economically wise to invest tax dollars in ball game companies, are smart enough to set some conditions on those dollars up front so we aren't in the position of funding absurd positions.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I guess I'd rather let the people who run ball game companies decide what their patrons want rather than dictate to them from the peanut gallery. I'd also rather have leaders who, if it turns out to be economically wise to invest tax dollars in ball game companies, are smart enough to set some conditions on those dollars up front so we aren't in the position of funding absurd positions.
    WNBA withdraws fines for teams that wore black warmup shirts | SanDiegoUnionTribune.com

...The Rev. Al Sharpton said earlier Saturday his organization, the National Action Network, would pay the $500 fines. He called the penalty "unacceptable
    ."...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom