Woman dies after failing to learn how to fight with a handgun.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I strongly recommend training, but as soon as it becomes mandatory it will be used as a way to restrict people carrying.

"Sorry, the classes are all full, try back in 6 months"

That's a negative. It is already mandatory in many states, like here in MI, and there is no such problem. I am not saying I agree with government mandated training to exercise a right, just that the argument you are using is not accurate

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    How much training ya think this guy had under his belt?

Police identify man killed during South Bend burglary

South Bend homeowner on fatal struggle with burglar: 'Maybe the gun went off.'

But hey, he followed rule #1 of gunfighting...

JUST WIN!:ar15:

He drew a good opponent. One that did not want to hurt him but was focused on escape. He's also claiming to have no idea if he shot the guy or not.

I wonder what that encounter would look like if the other guy actually did have a gun and was willing to use it versus just coming through the door and pushing him.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    For those who don't practice much, I think you'll be horrified at how hard it is to put just a couple rounds out of an entire magazine into a paper plate at 5 yards one handed and quickly. You really have to practice to learn trigger control, i.e. a quick but steady pull instead of a recoil-anticipating jerk.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    For those who don't practice much, I think you'll be horrified at how hard it is to put just a couple rounds out of an entire magazine into a paper plate at 5 yards one handed and quickly. You really have to practice to learn trigger control, i.e. a quick but steady pull instead of a recoil-anticipating jerk.

Yep
    Your example of bad shooting makes me think of watching some old gangster movies and watching the bad guys shooting at each other by thrusting their guns forward, even as they should have been in full recoil.
    Hilarious to watch if you've never seen those.

Top Bottom