• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    I have Rugers, a Beretta, a Colts, Smith and Wessons, a Remington, a Winchester, a Savage, a Springfield Armory, a CZs, Tauruses, an H&R, Mossbergs, a Lyman, a Thompson Center and a few other brands that I can not think of right now. I do not have any Glocks. That is all that I am going to say on the matter.

termite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2011
    Meh, regardless of what kind of firearm it was, any moron who does not physically check the chamber before handling a firearm should not be anywhere near a firearm anyways.

Ryan_from_ZX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2011
    I was sitting two rows over at our tables when it happened. This is the third, maybe fourth, ND I have witnessed at shows and certainly the closest. The policy of not having loaded weapons in the show aside, this is wholly an issues of safe gun handling. Yes, he really should not have pulled his carry weapon in the first place, and certainly unloading a firearm in the middle of a crowd is a dubious proposition, but the ND would not have happened if he had followed basic safe gun handling practices; mag out, round out of the chamber, visually check the chamber and physically check the chamber if you cannot see clearly, all while having the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. He exhibited poor judgment on two counts and poor handling practices on the third.

I wasn't close enough to know, but suspect he was trying to carry on a conversation while manipulating his weapon, which would have divided his attention, and he obviously didn't have the procedure for safely clearing a pistol engrained in his mind to the extent that he could do it on auto-pilot. Not that rote should ever be relied upon when administratively handling a firearm.

Every time there is an ND at a show, the thought briefly crosses my mind that I shouldn't risk doing shows. Who wants to end up the back stop to some incompetent a-hole's stupid mistake?

[What termite said. I started my post, had a 50 min phone conversation, then posted it without seeing termite's comment.]

Last edited:

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    I have Rugers, a Beretta, a Colts, Smith and Wessons, a Remington, a Winchester, a Savage, a Springfield Armory, a CZs, Tauruses, an H&R, Mossbergs, a Lyman, a Thompson Center and a few other brands that I can not think of right now. I do not have any Glocks. That is all that I am going to say on the matter.

Have you ever had a Glock? Ive never had a CZ and cant comment on one till ive had one. Thats all I can say.

Keep your friggin finger off the trigger till your ready to shoot, thats with any bullet slinger.

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    im the friend dieselman was talking about and i also own a Glock. it bothers me alittle that this tends to happen alot, i worked security with a cop who shot him self in the hand with his glock, so everyone if u own a glock, clear the firearm first please! It was quite a shock seeing this take place and then when he told me he didnt need help i wasnt quite sure what to do so i just watched him bleed on the floor.

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    ya poor fella has a hole in his box, but its better than how it could have ended. i was watchin the guy real close to see if i would learn anything about glocks....i dont realy think i learned anything but i did see something new.

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    glocks should not get a bad name for being the firearm people use to shoot them self the majority of times. it does not matter what firearm one has, it can all be avoided if we do the simple things such as clear it first.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Que just hit the bigger point on the head.

If we (as the gun culture) do not police our own, SOMEONE else will police us.

Why is there not a safety area for jacking with guns at the shows? A table with sand bag backstops? Sand barrels? Why has this not been done?

Missed a real opportunity there. People pulling the triggers on guns and playing with them in public and around other people should be required to be pointing them at their own head when they are pulling the trigger.:dunno:

It solves every single issue associated with the process. Win win win, it's all good.

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    Missed a real opportunity there. People pulling the triggers on guns and playing with them in public and around other people should be required to be pointing them at their own head when they are pulling the trigger.:dunno:

It solves every single issue associated with the process. Win win win, it's all good.

im not sure if we could get this idea to be set in stone, but it could be worth a try....

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    You wouldn't say that if you were the janitor. Headshot, leg shot, or off the floor and into a toolbox, an ND always leaves a stain. Whether the mess is physical or sociopolitical it still needs cleaned up.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington

There go all the [insert name of reviled firearm here] owners :rolleyes:

jordyman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Spencer
    Que just hit the bigger point on the head.

If we (as the gun culture) do not police our own, SOMEONE else will police us.

Why is there not a safety area for jacking with guns at the shows? A table with sand bag backstops? Sand barrels? Why has this not been done?

Agreed....

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    people are just stupid everywhere in every walk of life. if they dont shoot you they will hit you with a car or a grocery cart. its the world we live in. if you put anymore confidence in a dealer at a gun show just because they have a vendor badge and a table, your an idiot too.

as long as people with zero common sense breed and raise their stupid seed to follow down their path of stupidity we will have more and more stupid people. too bad more stupid people dont shoot themselves or stab themselves in the eye with a dull pencil!

Top Bottom