• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Well I've had one agonizing me for a week now and at 8:30 this morning I had them all cut out. OUCH. It took a couple hours after the surgery to get off the high, but once I did, it felt like my mouth was used as a MLB catching mitt. I guess I told my mom some funny things on the way home, not excluding the fact that I am, indeed, Johnny Cash. They gave me some nice big fat pain killers though:yesway:. The bleeding is about done by now. I haven't tried eating anything yet, so we'll see how that goes.

How many of you have had yours cut out? How was your experience?

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I might have mine cut out in the future. My dentist said they need taken out because my mouth doesn't have enough room. However, they haven't bothered me any so I figured if it aint broke dont fix it right?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm in the same boat. I need three extracted and I'm putting it off as long as humanly possible.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    What Barnett means is DO NOT drink out of a straw or suck d*ck. You'll suck out the blood clots and bleed!

How old are some of you guys? Scutter, I figured you as having lost yours already- not because of a lack of wisdom ;)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    How old are some of you guys? Scutter, I figured you as having lost yours already- not because of a lack of wisdom ;)

Never needed to have them removed, but as I've gotten older the dentist is starting to change his mind.

Marshall74

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Michigan
    I had all four of mine taken out. I numbed and that is it. No knock out gas. When the dentist was removing one of them, I felt it and she was like,"you can feel that? I was like uhh huh. So another shot of novicane and on to a different tooth. When it was all said and done, I was in some pai, and the gave me to scripts. 1 for motrin 800, and 1 for vicodin. I barely took either. 2 ,200 mg of ibuprophin was enough. I didnt eat any solid for for 2 days afterwards though. Just slurped applesause. The it was all feeling better.
    You just have to be very carefull of drysockets, I hear they are painful.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I've had mine out. Pulled, not cut.

No joke, I was in and out of the dentist's office in 28 minutes.

Didn't have to take a single pain killer, either. (Other than a few Aleve).

If I'd have known that having teeth pulled was that easy, I'd have it done all the time. lol

Who did yours, Infidel? Doc Walker?

-J-

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I've had mine out. Pulled, not cut.

No joke, I was in and out of the dentist's office in 28 minutes.

Didn't have to take a single pain killer, either. (Other than a few Aleve).

If I'd have known that having teeth pulled was that easy, I'd have it done all the time. lol

Who did yours, Infidel? Doc Walker?

-J-
    This is not believable imo. Dentists are mean people that cause you pain to better themselves. :)
    I have to make a dentist appt this week....I will be reading your reply 100+ times before I get the guts to call. ugh

G3Fanatic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Southeast Indianapolis
    My dentist said I have to have all 4 of mine extracted. They've been hurting on an off for about a year now. They usually hurt pretty bad for a week or two and then for some reason they stop hurting? :dunno:

I just throw some oragel on it and go about my day.

I'm actually dreading the day they have to come out.

I'm terrified of needles :runaway:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I never saw the need to have mine removed. :D I can tear up an ear of corn.

teeth2.jpg

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Mine was effing terrible. Two dry sockets = not fun. Taking off a week of work because you literally can't function without a very heavy dose of pain killers = not fun.

I have a really high pain tolerance, but man, it was killer.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Yeah, I got mine cut/pulled out several years ago now...I stayed awake which was a BIG, BIG mistake.

I found that out during the first extraction when he broke the tooth in half, propped his knee right next to my head and started yanking and rocking my head back in forth...Horrible.

My advice to anyone getting them taken out is try to stretch out your jaw a LOT a couple of weeks before extraction...The holes in my head didn't hurt much at all, but the soreness in my jaw lasted what seemed like forever.

Yeah, and don't drink out of a straw...Sucking d*ck never crossed my mind, but I guess don't do that either; unless absolutely necessary.

Top Bottom