• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    Yeah, I got mine cut/pulled out several years ago now...I stayed awake which was a BIG, BIG mistake.

I found that out during the first extraction when he broke the tooth in half, propped his knee right next to my head and started yanking and rocking my head back in forth...Horrible.

My advice to anyone getting them taken out is try to stretch out your jaw a LOT a couple of weeks before extraction...The holes in my head didn't hurt much at all, but the soreness in my jaw lasted what seemed like forever.

Yeah, and don't drink out of a straw...Sucking d*ck never crossed my mind, but I guess don't do that either; unless absolutely necessary.

Yep, after I read Indy_Guys message and get the guts to finally call the dentist...I will scroll down and see your reply and go another year without getting it taken care of! Way to go....You suck (just kidding on the sucking part, I think)!

:draw:<----I really love this little guy!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    a oral surgeon years ago told me that I have big mouth....... I have 4 wisdom teeth and room for 4 more. My wife on the other hand had 4 of hers removed 3 years ago. After seeing what she went through Im glad I dont have to!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to ya!! Make sure you dont get anything stuck down in the open sockets!!!!!

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    You will bleed for another 3 or 4 days. I had mine out last Friday, stopped bleeding yesterday. You want cold stuff, ice cream and to drink really really cold stuff.

OH! And take a BUNCH of Lysine. The over the counter vitamin supplement. It heals mouth sores and gums, that kind of tissue. It will speed up your recovery big time.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Make a cup of tea, throw the tea out, and stick the teabags in your mouth. Tannic acid in the tea will constrict blood vessels which will aid in forming clots and keep you from getting dry socket. My daughter had hers pulled last year, and no amount of Lortab could take away the pain. She finally listened to me and used teabags instead of pain killers.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    RachelMarie...

I hope my experience has given you confidance!

I, too, went into the dealio knowing about 150 dozen "wisdom teeth removal horror stories"

You should know, though, that all 4 of my wisdom teeth were "fully erupted" and in good alignment. (Not impacted nor coming in crooked)

The worst part of the dealio for me was the numbing process.

You may very well want to contact your dentist ahead of time to see if you can get a 'scrip for a valium or something that will help calm your nerves. It's quite common these days, actually. One of my great uncles had to be semi-sedated for his routine cleanings he'd get anxiety so badly.

And please, let your dentist know that you're nervous/afraid. You're not the only one; and you're not the only one that the dentist as worked with.

-J-

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You can also ask for IV sedation. I did that, and I don't remember anything from the time I sat in the chair until the time I got up.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Make a cup of tea, throw the tea out, and stick the teabags in your mouth. Tannic acid in the tea will constrict blood vessels which will aid in forming clots and keep you from getting dry socket. My daughter had hers pulled last year, and no amount of Lortab could take away the pain. She finally listened to me and used teabags instead of pain killers.

Wow, this brought back a memory. I did the same thing back in the late 70s when I had three of mine removed. Tea Bags works just as Rookie stated. Tea bags also work great on sunburns.

Brew your tea first then use the bags. Don't let a good pot of tea go to waste.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I too still have all of my wisdom teeth. No dentist has told me that they need to come out yet. I do have to get a couple of crowns and some fillings replaced which I am NOT looking forward to. The sound of the drill is the worst sound ever. Its right at the top there with finger nails on a chalk board. I'm seriously not sure which is worse.

Our daughter LOVES going to the dentist. She has never had a cavity or anything like that though. She will be getting braces here within a couple of weeks though. That may make her change her mind.

Top Bottom