• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Only on INGO could a thread go from Snoop to RP to write in voting to religion, to discussion of the Magna Carta. :facepalm:

FTFY

I believe we can all agree with mr. dogg on at least one reason to vote for obama....... it makes so much sense.

:facepalm:

How 'bout them Colts?!

EyesDownfield

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    I personally won't vote for anyone. Voting for someone would imply that I consent to the system and think it's functional and fair. The current system of electing presidential candidates is so far broken and unfair that I think the only thing to do is abstain the rigged game and avoid the grand theater of democracy. I do not comply and do not pretend to believe that democracy exists, so I'm not going to go through the motions as if it made any consequential difference.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I personally won't vote for anyone. Voting for someone would imply that I consent to the system and think it's functional and fair. The current system of electing presidential candidates is so far broken and unfair that I think the only thing to do is abstain the rigged game and avoid the grand theater of democracy. I do not comply and do not pretend to believe that democracy exists, so I'm not going to go through the motions as if it made any consequential difference.
    That's good.... Since we live in a Republic.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Actually, Magna Carta dates to 1215. But who's keeping track?

The phrase due process of law first appeared in a statutory rendition of Magna Carta in A.D. 1354 during the reign of Edward III of England, as follows: "No man of what state or condition he be, shall be put out of his lands or tenements nor taken, nor disinherited, nor put to death, without he be brought to answer by due process of law." :popcorn: I was speaking of Magna Carta as it's association with Due process.

Last edited:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    Due process is in our Bill of Rights, Magna Carta dates back to 1354 long before the existence of a Constitutional Republic. Criticizing a near 700 year old document that established legal rights because it fails meet the standards of current laws that uphold legal rights :n00b:

The phrase due process of law first appeared in a statutory rendition of Magna Carta in A.D. 1354 during the reign of Edward III of England, as follows: "No man of what state or condition he be, shall be put out of his lands or tenements nor taken, nor disinherited, nor put to death, without he be brought to answer by due process of law." :popcorn: I was speaking of Magna Carta as it's association with Due process.

Saying "Magna Carta dates to 1354" and saying "The reference of due process of law first appears in a 1354 version of Magna Carta" are not the same. One is incorrect, in it's entirety. The other, which may be true though I am unfamiliar with it, is a qualified statement. Perhaps a careful application of your thoughts into words would prevent any further confusion in the future.

EyesDownfield

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    That's good.... Since we live in a Republic.

I think you misinterpreted my post. Representative democracy involves a democratic process; that is not synonymous with direct democracy as a form of government. I'm pretty sure everyone here is well aware that we're in a republic and NOT a direct democracy. ;)

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Saying "Magna Carta dates to 1354" and saying "The reference of due process of law first appears in a 1354 version of Magna Carta" are not the same. One is incorrect, in it's entirety. The other, which may be true though I am unfamiliar with it, is a qualified statement. Perhaps a careful application of your thoughts into words would prevent any further confusion in the future.

Due Process - Fifth Amendment U.S. Constitution - Findlaw

Magna Carta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Due process - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess I assumed since you were referencing Magna Carta clause 7,32 and 34 in great detail, you were well aware that clause 39 and its rendition into clause 29 in 1354, arguably the most important contribution from the Magna Carta to our justice system and to the Bill of Rights in our Constitution. Soo... Your lack of knowledge of 9th grade word history is not my fault. Perhaps in the future you should not quote documents that you know nothing about.

Let me correct my post for you; Due process, AS in our Bill of Rights AND the Magna Carta dates back to 1354 and clause 29 and pre dates our Constitution and is one of only three clauses still enforced today. The fact is that you are ridiculing and denouncing one of the most important document not written by the Founding Fathers in our nations history. :rolleyes:

From wikipedia; The document is also honored in America, where it is an antecedent of the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights. In 1957, the American Bar Association erected the Runnymede Memorial. In 1976, the UK lent one of four surviving originals of the 1215 Magna Carta to the U.S. for its bicentennial celebrations, and also donated an ornate case to display it. The original was returned after one year, but a replica and its case are still on display in the U.S. Capitol Crypt in Washington, D.C. One of four surviving originals of the 1297 Magna Carta is also on display in the U.S. National Archives.

Last edited:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    Snoop doggie-do whose intellect is only surpassed by his talent.

No, there is no purple deep enough for that statement.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom