• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Realistically, who gets elected to position of POTUS is irrelevant at this point. Nothing is going to change no matter the good intentions. The big corporations like Freddie Mac, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, big oil will never allow it to happen. Not to mention the puppeteer controlling Ben Bernanke! So be it Romney, Obama, Johnson, Paul, Me, YOU, or the billy goat down the street......nothing is going to change.

THIS ^ . The die has been cast , no stopping now .

Well technically we could , BUT that would require radical changes that human nature says won't happen anyway so long as so many folks are on the guberments teet keeping their bellies full and their ass warm and dry .

Almost as if TPTB planned it that way . :dunno:

I'm sure that's just "crazy conspiracy talk " though , nothing to see here , move along folks .

Don't know what life is like for the third world countries ? , don't worry , we have front row tickets .

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    He's from Long Beach, CA, I'm sure they led the charge in convicted felons regaining their right to vote while still in the joint ;)

Actually, I think that was Maine. Only Maine and Vermont allow felons to vote while in prison, via absentee ballot. That's stupid. Being incarcerated should be a form of social biostasis. The severity of your crime determining exactly how long you are frozen. Certain crimes naturally should result in a permanent biostasis, e.g. Premeditated murder, child molestation, rape (provided the standard of evidence required to prove rape are altered and made far more stringent than they are today) and maybe a few others. However, when the sentence is completed to it's maximum, the person should be restored to full citizenship. The elimination of parole except in the most exceptional cases of individual rehabilitation is important. This of course necessitates the end of the drug war and the decriminalization of drugs to make room for the legitimately dangerous people amongst us. People complain about the revolving door of the criminal justice system and how no one "ever really serves their time" but then they don't want to lessen penalties for crimes which have no victims. The result? We get an increasing amount of criminal laws on the books, which of course results in the need for more police and prisons. Then the statistics show that crime is up because we need more police so then we need more laws, which makes us need more prisons and police. This of course shows that crime is on the rise, so we'll need more laws and police and prisons to combat the crime an house the prisoners......

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Actually, I think that was Maine. Only Maine and Vermont allow felons to vote while in prison, via absentee ballot. That's stupid. Being incarcerated should be a form of social biostasis. The severity of your crime determining exactly how long you are frozen. Certain crimes naturally should result in a permanent biostasis, e.g. Premeditated murder, child molestation, rape (provided the standard of evidence required to prove rape are altered and made far more stringent than they are today) and maybe a few others. However, when the sentence is completed to it's maximum, the person should be restored to full citizenship. The elimination of parole except in the most exceptional cases of individual rehabilitation is important. This of course necessitates the end of the drug war and the decriminalization of drugs to make room for the legitimately dangerous people amongst us. People complain about the revolving door of the criminal justice system and how no one "ever really serves their time" but then they don't want to lessen penalties for crimes which have no victims. The result? We get an increasing amount of criminal laws on the books, which of course results in the need for more police and prisons. Then the statistics show that crime is up because we need more police so then we need more laws, which makes us need more prisons and police. This of course shows that crime is on the rise, so we'll need more laws and police and prisons to combat the crime an house the prisoners......

Not to mention the decline in mens rea.
    'Mens Rea' Legal Protection Erodes in U.S. as Federal Criminal Code Expands - WSJ.com

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY

Indeed. When the code of laws is so broad, with enough content that it takes armies of attorneys to draft, interpret and implement it, it would seem that ignorance of the law must become an affirmative defense. How can any one person be expected to know every law which may have some form if criminal repercussion if transgressed when we have literally hundreds of thousands, if not millions, combined between federal, state, and local jurisdictions? It's becoming almost impossible for people to not break the law. Quite frankly, the question these days isn't "Who has broken the law?"; instead the question is "Who has been caught breaking the law?"

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Indeed. When the code of laws is so broad, with enough content that it takes armies of attorneys to draft, interpret and implement it, it would seem that ignorance of the law must become an affirmative defense. How can any one person be expected to know every law which may have some form if criminal repercussion if transgressed when we have literally hundreds of thousands, if not millions, combined between federal, state, and local jurisdictions? It's becoming almost impossible for people to not break the law. Quite frankly, the question these days isn't "Who has broken the law?"; instead the question is "Who has been caught breaking the law?"
    Exactly! This past July 1, when the new state laws took effect, I was amazed by the amount of people who commented for the positive in our local fish wrap about some of the new laws. People simply DO NOT GET IT. It is essentially impossible to walk out your front door in the morning without running afoul of some bull **** law, and people applaud this!

I see nothing short of a biblical SHTF scenario changing it, and even then, those who cry for more laws and restrictions won't get it, they'll just be dead. Probably the last thing that goes through their minds before they buy the farm will be "this **** should be illegal"!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'm fairly sure the list is meant as a joke. To take this picture seriously seems a bit silly...

Yeah, I'd say it is. Snoop endorsed Ron Paul.

LOL!

And you think I wouldn't reward those who helped me get there...

I was thinking of placing you as the Director of the BATFE, the one responsible for turning it into a convenience store...

Will this convenience store have a store credit card?

NY, have you not been a member here long enough to know that, logic while often asked for here, is scorned...

Yeah, I've got NYFelon on my mental ignore list...not for being a felon or from NY but because logical posts, lack of ignorant rants, and lack of implied threats against those that have differing opinions.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Will this convenience store have a store credit card?
    No, no we will not have a Store Credit Card. It will be strictly a Cash and Carry operation. I might be willing to explore either a Volume Discount type Program, or a Preferred Buyers Program though... :D

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    :lmfao:

People still believe this nonsense.

There are only a handful of states (I believe it's 4 actually) that permanently disenfranchise felons. Your own state of Indiana AUTOMATICALLY restores a felon's right to vote as soon as he has finished his sentence, whether entirely custodial, custodial plus post custodial supervision, or supervision alone. Finished your sentence? Register to vote. So be careful when you go to the voting booth, there may be a felon there. With his super scary felon powers, who knows what he'll do.

How nice, so you can retain your Constiutinal rights while infringing upon or removing other's rights. Oh, and thanks for the sarcasm :)
    Interestingly enough, there are only about 56 people who vote in my township. Since I am related to or know all of them, I have no fear of felons learking in the shadows.

Last edited:

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    How nice, so you can retain your Constiutinal rights while infringing upon or removing other's rights.

What's wrong with that? Once you have repaid your debt to society, why shouldn't all of your rights be restored? If everyone who was a felon lost their right to vote, some smart politician would round up his competitive political base and arrest as many as possible for felonious actions.

Only Gods judgment should be eternal. He's the only one qualified to make that decision.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Like Snoop Dogg, I'm not voting for Romney either. For the record, I am supporting Gary Johnson or considering Ron Paul as a write-in. At any rate, I was appalled beyond belief to read the "wisdom" that has been given to us by a low-rate criminal. Unfortunately, many people in America admire this "musician" and actually care about his political leanings. His writings of Mitt Romney are likely a parody, but the fact of the matter is, the issues that face our nation are not a joke.

As a nation, we are faced with many issues, one of which is apathy, and the other is our reliance on pop culture. The two go hand-in-hand, actually. Americans listen to pop culture because they're apathetic, and they're apathetic because they listen to pop culture. Just look at our poor excuse of a president. Instead of facing the real problems that affect the United States, he's out, going on "The View," and partying with Katy Perry. And, because Katy Perry is so knowledgeable about politics, people are actually listening to her.

Even worse than Katy Perry could ever hope to be, in comes Snoop Dogg. In case you didn't know, Snoop Dogg is a degenerate rapper (and a criminal) to whom know one should listen. Instead, people find him entertaining, so they listen to his "views."

America will not change until we can put petty issues aside. I'm not going to vote for Romney because he's pro-choice, anti-gun, and supports fascist healthcare systems. I'm not voting for him because he "ain't got no hoes."

Snoop Dogg On Obama & Romney: Rapper Explains His Vote In List Posted On Instagram

(Warning: If you are offended by graphic language, please do not open link)
    You cant write Ron Paul in:
    Indiana Code 3-8-1

Top Bottom