• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I confess I am not as well versed in Routers as you seem to be, so I have a question.. I only suggested he flash ddwrt in an effort to fix his issues..

Have you ever seen a Firmware upgrade/update fix an existing issue with a router? or is it a waste of time if you are already having issues?

I had a Dlink or Netgear, don't remember which that would send out a wifi signal but wouldn't push through the internet signal. Same problem the OP seemed to be having. I flashed ddwrt and it started working again. That's just one experience, but it can make a difference.

danbb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    Good you got a new one going, I use several wrt54gs routers running tomato firmware to cover my house with a strong wifi signal. In regards to setting up the second one as a "thrower", repeater, etc., I wouldn't do it unless it has a physical, wired connection to the other router. I ran these using wireless distribution for a while, and the interference between two routers on the same channel makes it unstable and aggravating. Set the second one up as a switch only, no routing, and no internet connection, and it should take right off after assigning it its own IP address.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom