• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Hope they're going to find peace when we get 4 more years of Obama.

I find peace with none of the politicians. I feel so strongly about the abortion/murder issue though, that I quit supporting the lp.

Then I realized they have a few other questions that they can't answer once you get them out of the comfort zone of legalize drugs and abolish most federal programs.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    It won't be their fault, it will be ours.

The repub party is like a union that refuses to represent you but still demands you pay dues (vote for them).

Actually, I personally will blame the entire electorate, not just 5%

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    If you ignore the libertarian demographic when choosing a candidate, and choose someone who does not align with their philosophies - you should not expect them cast their votes for the candidate you chose.

The libertarian demographic was ignored from the start, and any expectation that the libertarian demographic should come out in favor of Romney is delusional.

Everyone knew libertarians would not support Romney, yet he was chosen anyway due to his awe inspiring "electability". Tool #2 was chosen because he was "electable" - but it turns out he is not electable, because he is tool #2...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Yeah, ignore the libertarian vote in a close race. That makes a lot of sense from a tactical perspective. :rolleyes:

Obama Leads Romney 52-45 In New Reason-Rupe Poll; In Three-Way Race Obama Leads Romney 49-42, Johnson Gets 6 Percent - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Why change strategies now?

Why do you continually equate me with something I do not represent?

Oh, it must be one of your principles, free speech?

Was I talking to you?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you ignore the libertarian demographic when choosing a candidate, and choose someone who does not align with their philosophies - you should not expect them cast their votes for the candidate you chose.

The libertarian demographic was ignored from the start, and any expectation that the libertarian demographic should come out in favor of Romney is delusional.

Everyone knew libertarians would not support Romney, yet he was chosen anyway due to his awe inspiring "electability". We chose tool #2 because he was "electable" - but he wasn't, because he was tool #2...

I disagree. Is Ron Paul a Republican? Does he garner libertarian support? Was he a candidate from the start?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Everyone knew libertarians would not support Romney, yet he was chosen anyway due to his awe inspiring "electability".

Just a thought...why should a candidate worry about a group of people that compose a segment of the population roughly double that of the homosexual community; a group that is so determined to vote none of the above? :popcorn:

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I disagree. Is Ron Paul a Republican? Does he garner libertarian support? Was he a candidate from the start?
    People were supporting Paul in spite of his being a republican, not because of it. Now that he's done, they'll go elsewhere. It's doubtful that any significant number will go to Obamney.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Just a thought...why should a candidate worry about a group of people that compose a segment of the population roughly double that of the homosexual community; a group that is so determined to vote none of the above? :popcorn:
    Then why are we having this conversation?

Romney cannot win without clawing for every possible vote - but he does not have enough support. (you can write this down)

Also, my comments were directed towards the candidate the GOP chose, not Romney. Romney is only relevant because he was the choice - you know, the "electable" one.....

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    People were supporting Paul in spite of his being a republican, not because of it. Now that he's done, they'll go elsewhere. It's doubtful that any significant number will go to Obamney.

I didn't ask if people were, that was obvious :)

I asked if Libertarians were.

I also didn't ask if they were now, I asked if they were when the candidacies were all in the running.

PS see I care enough to "talk" to you :)

I wouldn't risk computer infection if I was ignoring you at all.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I find peace with none of the politicians. I feel so strongly about the abortion/murder issue though, that I quit supporting the lp.

Then I realized they have a few other questions that they can't answer once you get them out of the comfort zone of legalize drugs and abolish most federal programs.

Abortion is a "hot button" item, the repugnican version of "climate change" or "gun control" used by the dummycrats. It's only use is to keep those on the edge from jumping the fence and leaving their slave plantation.

I can answer most questions you could have. Raw naked truth is my comfort zone.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Then why are we having this conversation?

Romney cannot win without clawing for every possible vote - but he does not have enough support. (you can write this down)

Also, my comments were directed towards the candidate the GOP chose, not Romney. Romney is only relevant because he was the choice - you know, the "electable" one.....

You are right about Romney, but I don't think its all that bad. I sometimes think gridlock if I can have my own pragmatic solution is the best. Congress in one party, Obama in the WH representing the other.

I sometimes think the best we can do is stall tactics at the top while we elect more local officials that are closer to our own principles and it gives people time to get more involved in self governing as they realize the ineptness of the national leadership.

But in the end I don't really know.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I was asking a question to the person whose post I quoted. It was largely rhetorical. Next time I'll use crayon.

Thank you. I appreciate you being willing to work with someone whose intellect is not on your level.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Abortion is a "hot button" item, the repugnican version of "climate change" or "gun control" used by the dummycrats. It's only use is to keep those on the edge from jumping the fence and leaving their slave plantation.

I can answer most questions you could have. Raw naked truth is my comfort zone.

Property rights and water is always one that isn't discussed near as mush as the other line items.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't think I ever took that stand, but its certainly not mine. I am a recovering libertarian from the last two elections who realized Ron Paul has it right.

I don't recall ever seeing you articulate a libertarian position.

Top Bottom