• ...and so much more!
  • Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    I'm not a 52c fan, I'm a Remy 40X fan, but I do respect the rifle. If you guys are bench shooting, you need a benchrest and a rear bag.. there's $50-$3000+ setups available. I started with a homemade 1-piece my father made and now use a Hybrid X and rear Protektor bag. I guarantee you would benefit using a benchrest and rear bag. :twocents:
    I feel you. I could never get over the longer bolt throw on a 40X rimfire. But respect the rifle. Though I do prefer the Winchesters. Obviously. I’ve been using homemade sandbags on the bench for about 30 years with no issues. only shooting rimfire so the rifle hardly moves anyway. Your advice above on the rests and rear bag is solid.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    It’s official. Last night I won a gun joker auction for a Browning 52B Sporter.
    It’s a miroku copy from Japan but it’s in mint condition and even happens to be at a LGS so no shipping or transfer.
    Paid $820. I’m picking it up Friday and after I’m probably delayed (always) I will post some pictures. Never thought I would own 2 52s but now I do…..life is good

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    It’s a miroku copy from Japan but it’s in mint condition and even happens to be at a LGS so no shipping or transfer.
    Paid $820. I’m picking it up Friday and after I’m probably delayed (always) I will post some pictures. Never thought I would own 2 52s but now I do…..life is good
    Still waiting on those pics
    :stickpoke:

Also. I picked up a new to me 97 year old 52 today. Details to follow :rockwoot:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    You did good. They commonly go for over a grand. And they're real shooters.

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    So here’s the new 52 acquired from a friend who’s also a member here, Thank you Sir! Produced in late August 1927, Slow lock, everything’s correct including the magazine/ Winchester 82A rear sight and the new pattern buttplate that was introduced earlier that same year. One tiny crack in the stock where someone overtightened the action screw at the front of the trigger guard probably 97 years ago, very minor. I’m a happy guy IMG_2180.jpegIMG_2181.jpeg

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    So here’s the new 52 acquired from a friend who’s also a member here, Thank you Sir! Produced in late August 1927, Slow lock, everything’s correct including the magazine/ Winchester 82A rear sight and the new pattern buttplate that was introduced earlier that same year. One tiny crack in the stock where someone overtightened the action screw at the front of the trigger guard probably 97 years ago, very minor. I’m a happy guy View attachment 364807View attachment 364808
    Very nice
    And it’s in good hands

bb218hlv

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2024
    North Vernon, IN
    Been Lurking,
    I currently have a Remington 40XB with a 20x Unertl on it. A Winchester 52B, Winchester 52D with a 20x Tasco Unertl style scope and a Winchester 52E with a 24x Japan Tasco scope, the E is not the international style.
    I am wondering why with the 52D and the 52E they did not mention the D or E model in the Gun Broker listing?
    All 4 rifles are shooters, I have been splitting playing cards in half at 50 yards.

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Been Lurking,
    I currently have a Remington 40XB with a 20x Unertl on it. A Winchester 52B, Winchester 52D with a 20x Tasco Unertl style scope and a Winchester 52E with a 24x Japan Tasco scope, the E is not the international style.
    I am wondering why with the 52D and the 52E they did not mention the D or E model in the Gun Broker listing?
    All 4 rifles are shooters, I have been splitting playing cards in half at 50 yards.
    Not sure I understand correctly. You purchased through GB and the model designation wasn’t listed by the seller? If that’s the case they probably didn’t know what they had or that it mattered. BTW. We need pics :)

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I have a question on mounting a bipod to this 52C. It has this accessory rail that is factory it is threaded but very shallow until it hits the wood of the stock. I do not want to permanently alter the rifle at all
    Pardon if this is a stupid question and I’m missing the obvious

Attachments

• IMG_1115.jpeg
      IMG_1115.jpeg
      422.9 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_1114.jpeg
      IMG_1114.jpeg
      332.9 KB · Views: 6
    • IMG_1113.jpeg
      IMG_1113.jpeg
      330.3 KB · Views: 6

Win52C

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    I have a question on mounting a bipod to this 52C. It has this accessory rail that is factory it is threaded but very shallow until it hits the wood of the stock. I do not want to permanently alter the rifle at all
    Pardon if this is a stupid question and I’m missing the obvious
    Not a stupid question at all. The accessory rail wasn’t designed for bipod mounting, it was designed for hand stops/palm swells etc. since they were made to shoot exclusively from a bench or prone with a shooting glove. A rifle rest or sandbags would be the proper way to set it up. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one with a bipod mounted up. Maybe you could find a proper size/thread/depth sling swivel without the sling loop or a second one like the hand stops use ?? I agree. Mucking it up just to mount a bipod would be a mistake.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    Not a stupid question at all. The accessory rail wasn’t designed for bipod mounting, it was designed for hand stops/palm swells etc. since they were made to shoot exclusively from a bench or prone with a shooting glove. A rifle rest or sandbags would be the proper way to set it up. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one with a bipod mounted up. Maybe you could find a proper size/thread/depth sling swivel without the sling loop or a second one like the hand stops use ?? I agree. Mucking it up just to mount a bipod would be a mistake.
    Thanks
    I do have a couple bags and a bench rest. I think I will keep on with that system.
    I was thinking of convenience of just setting up with a bipod but then a truly classic rifle with a bipod would be
    Well funny lookin ….lol

Top Bottom