Wilson Combat 1911 .45 for how much? no way! no really, that much?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    lets be honest now, compare that 7000 dollar wilson to a 700 dollar glock 21. the Wilson shoots one half inch better at 25 yards but is very ammo picky and requires a break in period to stop jamming.

Who in the hell have you been talking to. I can not remember the last Jamb I had with a 1911 that I own. Know that i have said that i am screwed for sure. Break in...really. Yes they may "shoot in"

Please do not compare a Glock to a Wilson. Please just do not do that.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Who in the hell have you been talking to. I can not remember the last Jamb I had with a 1911 that I own. Know that i have said that i am screwed for sure. Break in...really. Yes they may "shoot in"

Please do not compare a Glock to a Wilson. Please just do not do that.

Maybe we should take it easy on him, he is pale, he maybe sick. :dunno:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Compare a Wilson to a Glock. :laugh: Most 1911's are not ammo picky, shooters just think you can feed it anything.

I'm pretty sure that you contradicted yourself, because admitting 1911's can't feed certain profile projectiles=ammo finicky. Only thing I can't fire in my glock 19/26 has been different calibers...

I also think that the polygonal rifling in glocks will make them more accurate than any button rifled handgun firing ammo from the same lots.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm pretty sure that you contradicted yourself, because admitting 1911's can't feed certain profile projectiles=ammo finicky. Only thing I can't fire in my glock 19/26 has been different calibers...

I also think that the polygonal rifling in glocks will make them more accurate than any button rifled handgun firing ammo from the same lots.

Good God here we go.

Some low end 1911's do not feed some wide mouth hollow points well. My TRP/Loaded/RO eats anything I have feed them.
    With a small amount of love I have saved 2 RIA's from the embarrassment of FTF.

It is a given that all 1911's are not created equal.

As to accuracy. That is up to the operator most times.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

The 1911 was designed to fire one type of round, read up on it.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I admit my 1911 sensibilities are uncertain what to make of that flanged barrel, but I'm willing to give it a try.

They always looked strange to me, the way they slightly taper them makes it appear crooked from certain angles. No trade for the RIA's. How about these then.
    IMG_0668_zpsb57d980e.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_0615_zps68ec712b.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]
    IMG_0602_zps2c06e8f5.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

:)

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Here's mine the day I brought it home:
    wc1911.jpg

Since then it's been ArmorTuff'd and had the WC Combat Night Sights put on it. On my hip all day every day, even right now sitting on the couch.

Top Bottom