Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    "Doctors and scientists have spent their entire professional lives laboring over their work so that you could have a vaccine in a crisis like this but, sure, go ahead and not take the vaccine because you read 3 articles."
    God bless your efforts, but there's a reason I seldom post in this thread anymore...and it's not because of all the devastating arguments against these vaccines.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    "Doctors and scientists have spent their entire professional lives laboring over their work so that you could have a vaccine in a crisis like this but, sure, go ahead and not take the vaccine because you read 3 articles."
    Dear God. Bless the farmers. And the teachers. And the policemen. And the tireless scientists sacrificing everything so that we could have vaccines. And please help me find my binkie. Amen.

:rolleyes:

C'mon man. If you're gonna argue with him at least argue against the points he's making. This? Isn't an argument. It's almost like a little kid's prayer.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    Has anyone seen more studies of long term immunity from already having covid? Last info that I've seen was that long term was looking good at 9 months (all the data they had to work from). Everybody in my house caught it in December. We are not anti-vaxers but we really don't have a desire to take this vaccine. A few years back my wife had a significant and likely life long reaction to the flu shot. So ever since then we are hesitant on taking any shots.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Has anyone seen more studies of long term immunity from already having covid? Last info that I've seen was that long term was looking good at 9 months (all the data they had to work from). Everybody in my house caught it in December. We are not anti-vaxers but we really don't have a desire to take this vaccine. A few years back my wife had a significant and likely life long reaction to the flu shot. So ever since then we are hesitant on taking any shots.
    I saw something that said it's likely to be something like a few years? I don't think they really know at this point. I think they're going by other coronaviruses vs specific strains.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Long term can not have happened yet so nobody knows for sure. There is some indication that the immunity duration can depend on the severity of the disease which is kinda like good news/bad news.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    As has been stated the natural immunity and the immunity gained from a vaccine Is dependent on different factors. Mainly how your immune system reacted to the infection, did it build a large amount of antibodies or not. So the effects are different depending on the individual. There are test that can determine the levels of antibodies in your blood, but they are expensive and would have to be repeated fairly often to make a determination.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Long term can not have happened yet so nobody knows for sure. There is some indication that the immunity duration can depend on the severity of the disease which is kinda like good news/bad news.
    That at least makes sense in the karma sense. I mean, if I'm gonna be near death and then recover, I better get something out of it.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I'm still in the "wait and see" mode. Feel pretty good about at for now.

COVID-19 Survival Rates

• Age 0-19: 99.997%
    • Age 20-49: 99.98%
    • Age 50-69: 99.5%
    • Age 70+: 94.6%

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    From the studies I have read, the TOTAL number of people WORLDWIDE that have caught covid twice is only 60 people, and NONE of them have died. So, it seems, having survived covid once, you have a better chance of surviving by not having the vaccine, which IS DOCUMENTED to cause fatalities (if only a TINY percentage). However, in the long run, the choice is yours, and should be based on fact, not fiction. If it makes you FEEL SAFER getting the vaccine, then that is YOUR fact, so by all means get it. However, please don’t FORCE your FEELINGS on me.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'm still in the "wait and see" mode. Feel pretty good about at for now.

COVID-19 Survival Rates

• Age 0-19: 99.997%
    • Age 20-49: 99.98%
    • Age 50-69: 99.5%
    • Age 70+: 94.6%
    Your health condition is more of a factor than your age IMHO. Yes older people have more health conditions that put them at risk, but it is not exclusive. If you are a healthy person with a healthy immune response then the percentage is lower that you will be severely ill or die

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I'd consider my case mild, it did kick my butt for a few days. After that it wasn't a big deal maybe a week or two get back to 100%, just like any other sickness. My unscientific thought is even if I'm not 100% immune then hopefully my body remembers what it did the 1st time around and subsequent infections would be less severe. My wife's case was about the same but it seemed to drag on a little longer. Both kids barely had any symptoms. Any other year I'd pass it off as just typical virus but we have 4 positive tests that show covid.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    That these injections are called a vaccine turns the publics understanding of what a vaccine on its head. This is untested modern technology, called an "operating system" by its creators. And so called "booster shots" are not a booster as we know it but rather an update of instructions.

They used the language of the old that humans are comfortable with to describe a completely different new technology.
    This is wholely and utterly inaccurate.

22ishplinkster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Dear God. Bless the farmers. And the teachers. And the policemen. And the tireless scientists sacrificing everything so that we could have vaccines. And please help me find my binkie. Amen.

:rolleyes:

C'mon man. If you're gonna argue with him at least argue against the points he's making. This? Isn't an argument. It's almost like a little kid's prayer.

Not the point I was going for RE: hard work/sacrifice.

I mean to argue that I'd bet 99.99% of MDs/DOs, and infectious disease experts will say you should take the shot.
    Don't listen to politicians. Listen to the people who spend their whole lives working in this field.
    There is a reason you can't google-fu a medical degree or infectious disease expertise. It's kind of complex.

Just like people who don't know about guns should not write laws about guns.

22ishplinkster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Emotional arguments like this don't do anything for me.

Not meant to be emotional, see this:

Not the point I was going for RE: hard work/sacrifice.

I mean to argue that I'd bet 99.99% of MDs/DOs, and infectious disease experts will say you should take the shot.
    Don't listen to politicians. Listen to the people who spend their whole lives working in this field.
    There is a reason you can't google-fu a medical degree or infectious disease expertise. It's kind of complex.

Just like people who don't know about guns should not write laws about guns.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Not meant to be emotional, see this:

Many health care workers are refusing to get a COVID-19 vaccine
    A significant percentage of doctors, nurses, EMS workers, support staff and other health care employees said they turned down the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines over concerns they may not be safe or effective, according to a recent survey by Surgo Ventures, a non-profit group focused on solving health and social problems. Others in the health field worried the development of the vaccine had been rushed.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vaccine-health-care-worker-reluctance/

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    A significant percentage of doctors, nurses, EMS workers, support staff and other health care employees said they turned down the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines over concerns they may not be safe or effective, according to a recent survey by Surgo Ventures, a non-profit group focused on solving health and social problems. Others in the health field worried the development of the vaccine had been rushed.
    I could not find the data broken down specifically by occupation within the healthcare field. I'd be very interested to see that. A pretty significant portion of healthcare workers have virtually zero scientific background.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    From the article:
    At the time of the survey, administered from December 17 to 30, 53% of respondents had been offered the vaccine. Of those workers, 15%, or almost 200 people polled, said they had refused to take the vaccine, with many claiming there is insufficient evidence the treatments are effective, despite assurances otherwise by federal and state health agencies and major pharmaceutical companies.
    A) That was a long time ago (my, how times flies)
    B) Only 15% refused. That's less than gen pop.

Care to guess how that 15% breaks down over education level? I can't find the survey data, but it's not hard to guess.

EDIT: Found the study: https://surgoventures.org/resource-library/survey-healthcare-workers-and-vaccine-hesitancy

Groups that have lower vaccine intention include those with lower levels of awareness of vaccines in general, Black healthcare workers, women, and Republicans
    Respondents who had lower levels of general vaccine awareness also report low levels of intention to receive the COVID-19 vaccine . While this somewhat reflects the diverse level of medical training included in our sample, this pattern holds true even when we look at specific groups of healthcare workers (such as doctors, nurses, etc). Our results suggest that increasing the general vaccine knowledge for all healthcare workers, particularly those with low levels of knowledge, may increase vaccine likelihood and reduce refusal rates.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I could not find the data broken down specifically by occupation within the healthcare field. I'd be very interested to see that. A pretty significant portion of healthcare workers have virtually zero scientific background.

I'm still belly laughing at this post in light of some of your others.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom