Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Seems a broad study finds those that have had the covid don't need a vaccine...

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Makes me wonder about what percentage of the populace hasn't been exposed yet. With jabberwokie super spreaders turned lose everybody should be exposed PDQ.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is the red cross still testing for antibodies for blood donors? If so it would be a way to find out if you have them. A lot of people talk about some mystery illness they had in late 2019/early 2020.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Is the red cross still testing for antibodies for blood donors? If so it would be a way to find out if you have them. A lot of people talk about some mystery illness they had in late 2019/early 2020.
    I think they are.

Also, anyone can go to a local lab, get a blood draw and get tested for antibodies. You have to pay, though. I had this done once at Quest Diagnostics when I was having other blood work done. It cost about $100 several months ago.

(BTW- the normal blood work I have done cost me $1,000 through Franciscan, but if I go directly to Quest, I can get it done for well under $100).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think they are.

Also, anyone can go to a local lab, get a blood draw and get tested for antibodies. You have to pay, though. I had this done once at Quest Diagnostics when I was having other blood work done. It cost about $100 several months ago.

(BTW- the normal blood work I have done cost me $1,000 through Franciscan, but if I go directly to Quest, I can get it done for well under $100).
    I'm just thinking that the Red Cross always seems to be short on blood. Might be a good reason to persuade people to give.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm just thinking that the Red Cross always seems to be short on blood. Might be a good reason to persuade people to give.
    Agreed. Getting tested for antibodies inspired my daughter to donate for the first time. She now donates regularly as soon as she is allowed.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There used to be a deal at the clinic where if you donated blood a few times a year you would get free blood products if you needed them.
    But for employees, our coverage was so good that you get free blood products anyhow even if you don't donate.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    My pharmacy is doing it for $25...lots of local places are. The antibody tests are dirt cheap now. They do cost a little more if you want the version without the microchip :D

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And responses to health related situations are close to the same universe as the situation...
    OK, same galaxy then.

First of all "forced" not yet.

Second, care to compare side effects of chemo to side effects of vaccination, both in frequency and severity? No. Of course not.

There are arguments to be made. This isn't one of them.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    OK, same galaxy then.

Second, care to compare side effects of chemo to side effects of vaccination, both in frequency and severity? No. Of course not.

We don't know the side effects of the vaccine. We do know the side effects of chemo leads to lives saved. That is an important difference.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    OK, same galaxy then.

Can we agree that there are other entities that can exert "force" on the people other than government?

And that they are...

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Something sent about half our workforce home in January 2020, people were off 1 to 2 weeks.

So I hear the virus scare is over now? It was difficult to decipher those Fauci FOIAd emails, lots of uncertainty and innuendos, medical advice?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Market forces?
    It's not exactly the free market that causes corporations to require their employees to be vaccinated. Social pressure is not market pressure. And I'm not talking about the sort of "Matthew effect" that gives fads an advantage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom