Will you shop at a gun shop that requires you to disarm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you willing to patronize gun shops that require you to unload your firearm?

• Total voters

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Here we go again!!! I know that you guys get upset with the "No Loaded Firearms" signs in the gunshops but as it has been stated before these are due to Insurance purposes and because SOME PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO CARRY A LOADED FIREARM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure that YOU couldn't be one of the one's that others think shouldn't carry a loaded firearm, are you?

As a lot of you know I work in a local gunshop. In the last week we have had a guy walk in and lay a shotgun on the counter with the muzzle pointed toward an employee. This gun was loaded with 5 SLUGS. All the customer had to say was "Oh I'm sorry. I forgot it was loaded."

This morning we had someone walk in and ask about a holster for his firearm, When asked what type of firearm he proceeded to pull it from the holster and point the muzzle at the employee helping him.

If you are attempting to sell a firearm unload the d*** thing before you hand it to some one.

Let the flaming begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does your gun shop have a "no loaded firearms" sign? If so, from the examples you posted, it doesn't look like it's working.

That's the problem with those signs. Just like any other "no guns" zones they only serve to keep the people who wouldn't be a problem in the first place from carrying their guns. The criminals & idiots won't follow the rules on the signs anyway.

I don't get offended being asked not to enter a business sans weapon. After all it's their property, and I respect personal property rights. If I don't feel safe without a gun, I won't enter. But if I don't feel safe without a gun, even if I have one, I probably still won't enter.

Using that logic, unless you never carry your gun, you wouldn't go anywhere.

If you wouldn't go anywhere where you might need a gun, what's the point of carrying if you wouldn't go there in the first place.

To answer the question: Are you willing to patronize gun shops that require you to unload your firearm? The simple answer would be no.

However, I believe it is only fair to point out (as others have) that just because there is a sign stating this, doesn't necessarily mean they will enforce it. I understand the need for the signs for insurance reasons and such.

We'd likely have a lot fewer gun stores if owners weren't willing to appease the bureaucracy. Personally, I don't believe I should be required to jump through hoops and get a permit in order to exercise my 2A rights. But I do it. Again, in order to appease the bureaucracy. We'd also have a lot fewer gun owners and carriers if others weren't willing to do the same. :twocents:

It has nothing to do with insurance. There have been both insurance agents on here along with the several gun store owners who have stated, unequivocally, that there is NO requirement from the insurance company to post any "no guns" sign.

As far as "beauracracy" goes, where is there ANY requirement by any governmental entity that a "no loaded guns" sign be placed in ANY gun shop?

The "insurance" & "beauracracy" statements are just cop-outs to allow (some) gun stores to sell merchandise that (some) gun store owners feel their customers are not going to be able use in a safe manner, because THEY are the only ones "responsible enough to handle this gun (bang!)". Now where have we heard that one before? Hmm?

Will I? Hell yes.

I even got gas once at a station that made me shut off my engine before filling. How dare they!!

Bad analogy.

Smoking around a gas pump or propane cylinders is nowhere near like allowing a gun to stay in it's owners holster on his belt. I'd say that your analogy is best used to say that screwing with the gun in the parking lot trying to disarm/unload it because of the stupid sign IS like smoking while pumping gas - it may not be a problem but it's a lot more risky than just not doing it in the first place. Unless of course YOU are the one who just can't seem to not be able to control fiddling with your loaded gun while in a gun store? Most of us don't have that problem though.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You guys DO realize that 99% of those "No Loaded Guns" signs in gun shops pertain to those you wish to sale, trade, or show off..... Right????

derrickgoins

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've never been in a shop that requires you to disarm. I've seen people OC in Gun Shops and no one says a word. I think it's really meant to say "If you are bringing in a firearm to sell or trade, please have the common courtesy to unload your firearm before you start sweeping the employees".

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Perhaps it has something to do with odds. You might expect that a gun store might have a high number of loaded guns in it; therefore increasing the odds that just maybe some DA manages to touch one off. I don't know if anyone has had an opportunity to be in close proximity to a person that has been overlooked by the process of natural selection, but they are out there and they are really, really spooky.

Top Bottom