Will you shop at a gun shop that requires you to disarm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you willing to patronize gun shops that require you to unload your firearm?

• Total voters

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Another thread got me curious how other gun owners feel about this. We get all crappy with stores that require us to merely conceal our weapons, yet many of us are willing to look the other way when gun stores require us to not just conceal, but unload, our weapons. There are calls for boycotts every time a store requires it's patrons to conceal their guns, yet many gunshops do a thriving business without a word being said about their decision to effectively disarm us altogether. These gun stores say it's for safety... are we then going to be willing to accept the same argument if Wal-mart requires us to unload our guns?

So, I got curious... how many refuse to patronize such shops and instead find others, and how many don't mind being disarmed?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I have never been in a gun shop that has asked me to unload my handgun, quite a few have the no loaded gun sign.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    The only time I'll unload is if the gun will be out of the holster for some kind of service or to be test fitted in a holster. But I only CC so it has not been an issue. But no...I don't agree with the policy.

If I were to be asked to leave over it I wouldn't return. I personally find it hypocritical that someone wants to make a living selling guns and ammo but doesn't trust those they sell them to. :twocents:

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I agree with MrsGungho. Merely having the sign won't discourage me from spending money there. Enforcing the sign by asking me to leave or take my EDC gun out of the store will put a stop to my spending in that store. I CC so the point is moot anyway.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I recently shot a match in Ohio at a real nice range. There was a sign at the end of the drive way demanding that people pull over and disarm of a carry gun before preceeding further onto club property.

USPSA matches are a cold range always but any gun club that does not allow carry in any situation seems as silly as gun stores not allowing it. I am not going back to that range for several reasons.:ingo:

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    I recently shot a match in Ohio at a real nice range. There was a sign at the end of the drive way demanding that people pull over and disarm of a carry gun before preceeding further onto club property.

USPSA matches are a cold range always but any gun club that does not allow carry in any situation seems as silly as gun stores not allowing it. I am not going back to that range for several reasons.:ingo:

It's because shooters on the range don't like taking bullets to the back of ze dome from ri-tards chambering for their turn.

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    I have no problem with disarming in a gun store... As long as the owners/workers are packing. I've seen enough strange people in gun stores, would hate to think that one of them might be carrying a gun :)

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    Don't ask.....Don't tell :yesway:

Enforce the sign and trample my rights :noway:

Edit: And I don't do the 1500 because of the zip ties.

Last edited:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I don't take a loaded gun that I would be handling into a gun shop, as far as gun shows go, don't ask don't tell.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I guess that everyone that votes no doesn't go to gun shows either.

the poll said gun shops. gun shows but those are hosted on property not owned by the vendors so there is the difference.

but no i dont go to gun shows

Top Bottom