Will there be a military response against the pirates?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    **** the RIAA! Wait, wrong pirates...

But seriously, you know what would really help? If we could display their dead on shore, and the village kids could poke them with sticks, like in the good old days.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    **** the RIAA! Wait, wrong pirates...

But seriously, you know what would really help? If we could display their dead on shore, and the village kids could poke them with sticks, like in the good old days.
    Another good idea. Sort of worked in the old days, or so I've read.

Two words:

Daisy Cutter.
    I like this one too. Not the most effective weapon on open seas, but would do wonders toward remodeling their base camps.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Too bad these ships can't arm themselves. I imagine a 20 mm cannon and some AT-4s would do the job against these pirate boats.

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I think it's time to rotate our stock of cruise missiles. Out with the old and in with the new! With our armed forces technology and satellites, we could and should put a dent in the life expectancy of a Somalian pirate!

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    All the NATO allies and the US have sent lots of military ships in the area to secure the international waters.The only problem is that nobody is going into somalians waters to capture the pirates.They just do it in the international waters so pirates are safe on the shore or inside the country.

Being a french citizen I am aware of the french forces deployed in the area and of a few french operations in the area.
    They arrested (and kill a bunch of others) somalians pirates ON somalian ground once in 2008.Nobody said anything about it (I mean the somalians "authorities").
    The US forces could just do the same if they had the orders to do so.
    Lets not worry about crossing borders when pirates are killing US citizens and citizens from lots of other countries and then hide away inside somalians water or inside somalia.

In 2008 the pirates seized a french ship and took the 30 crewmenbers hostage.
    The hostages were realesed without any problem after the owner of the ship paid a ransom to the pirates.
    Following the release, French helicopters tracked the pirates to the village of Jariban (on the somalian coast).
    French commandos moved in when the pirates attempted to flee in the desert. A sniper disabled the get-away vehicle, and the commandos were able to capture six men. Local officials claimed that three people died in the raid, with a further eight wounded, but France denied this (lol). Troops also recovered some of the ransom money paid by the owner of the yacht for the release of its crew.The six captured pirates have since been moved to Paris, where they have been judged I believe.

So its possible to just go there and arrest the pirates.
    I think Somalia should be treated as international ground by the military forced depployed in the area since the somalians dont have any authorities to control their country.

Im all for an international military intervention INSIDE the country to arrest those pirates.

Another event happend in 2009 bewteen (stupid) pirates and french forces:

Somali pirates attack French navy flagship by mistake

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    All the NATO allies and the US have sent lots of military ships in the area to secure the international waters.The only problem is that nobody is going into somalians waters to capture the pirates.They just do it in the international waters so pirates are safe on the shore or inside the country.

Being a french citizen I am aware of the french forces deployed in the area and of a few french operations in the area.
    They arrested (and kill a bunch of others) somalians pirates ON somalian ground once in 2008.Nobody said anything about it (I mean the somalians "authorities").
    The US forces could just do the same if they had the orders to do so.
    Lets not worry about crossing borders when pirates are killing US citizens and citizens from lots of other countries and then hide away inside somalians water or inside somalia.

In 2008 the pirates seized a french ship and took the 30 crewmenbers hostage.
    The hostages were realesed without any problem after the owner of the ship paid a ransom to the pirates.
    Following the release, French helicopters tracked the pirates to the village of Jariban (on the somalian coast).
    French commandos moved in when the pirates attempted to flee in the desert. A sniper disabled the get-away vehicle, and the commandos were able to capture six men. Local officials claimed that three people died in the raid, with a further eight wounded, but France denied this (lol). Troops also recovered some of the ransom money paid by the owner of the yacht for the release of its crew.The six captured pirates have since been moved to Paris, where they have been judged I believe.

So its possible to just go there and arrest the pirates.
    I think Somalia should be treated as international ground by the military forced depployed in the area since the somalians dont have any authorities to control their country.

Im all for an international military intervention INSIDE the country to arrest those pirates.

Another event happend in 2009 bewteen (stupid) pirates and french forces:

Somali pirates attack French navy flagship by mistake

well thanks to politics and bill clinton there are a lot of them ****ers still alive today that shouldnt be.

Top Bottom