Will Marijuana be legalized under Trump?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

https://ballotpedia.org/Michigan_Proposal_1,_Marijuana_Legalization_Initiative_(2018)

I found the reported breakdown of contributions to expenditures very interesting; the "pro" side spent over 93% of the contributions received.

Those groups against spent only ~56.6% of their contributions. (saving to buy weed once they realized failure was inevitable?)

It seems the pro group was ironically motivated and focused ;)

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I read an article that said probably some time in 2020 for actual shops to be functional.

I read the same, though folks should be able to possess legally sometime in December (whenever 10 days after the election results are certified falls).

Of course, without "legit" distribution, one would have to grow it on their own or rely on sources who imported to Michigan via illegal interstate commerce. I see a run on grow lights coming soon, especially considering Michigan + December.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I do wonder; why 2020? Michigan already has an established dispensary process and numerous dispensaries to fill the need for Medical Marijuana.

I could maybe understand that time frame for getting new entrants into the recreational market, but it would seem that the existing dispensaries should be able to scale up to meet at least some demand (if they so choose) in pretty short order.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would imagine somebody is working hard on the equivalent of a breathalyzer for mj as usage becomes legal.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I would think the medical is kept seperate from the recreational, if for no other reason, than to bilk the taxpayers for the medically needy who can't afford it. Call me cRAZY, but it's well past Turkey Time.

I do wonder; why 2020? Michigan already has an established dispensary process and numerous dispensaries to fill the need for Medical Marijuana.

I could maybe understand that time frame for getting new entrants into the recreational market, but it would seem that the existing dispensaries should be able to scale up to meet at least some demand (if they so choose) in pretty short order.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    This whole “war on drugs” thing has got me wondering. If the gov had to pass a constitutional amendment to give itself the right to police alcohol; how big of an over-reach is the drug war?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Drp5HyZWsAAYAKM.jpg

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    When are we gonna start pushing the idea of NOT putting chemicals in our bodies to vary our mental state?

There's already various anti-doping movements afoot here. The LDS Church comes to mind, so does Islam. The classic stoics generally endorsed sober living as well.

I can understand the desire to remain sober when facing life. It shows a level of insight and maturity that seems far to uncommon these days. Also one of the few things I respect about our president (if actually true, that is).

For myself, I have the occasional drink...like one or two a month, and I think that intoxicants should be legal. I have a rather low view of intoxicated drivers or workers, though...generally, at least.

Edit:

America is already addicted to sugar, alcohol, and caffeine...Pot is less harmful than (arguably) two of the three. It makes sense to me to treat pot sensibly. Schedule 1 doesn't make sense...to me, at least.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There's already various anti-doping movements afoot here. The LDS Church comes to mind, so does Islam. The classic stoics generally endorsed sober living as well.

I can understand the desire to remain sober when facing life. It shows a level of insight and maturity that seems far to uncommon these days. Also one of the few things I respect about our president (if actually true, that is).

For myself, I have the occasional drink...like one or two a month, and I think that intoxicants should be legal. I have a rather low view of intoxicated drivers or workers, though...generally, at least.

Edit:

America is already addicted to sugar, alcohol, and caffeine...Pot is less harmful than (arguably) two of the three. It makes sense to me to treat pot sensibly. Schedule 1 doesn't make sense...to me, at least.

I'm not knocking anyone's habits. Nor am I suggesting changing laws (either way.) Judging nothing and no one.

I think that we as a society should start a trend take the "coolness" away from influencing our mental states with chemicals as a recreation. Smoking, drinking, pills, whatever.

It could be argued that the campaign to eliminate cigarette smoking has successfully reduced that unhealthy habit substantially, especially among youth. We could do the same with chemicals. Turn it into a habit, only for the foolish.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    always follow the money.
    there is much more money in keeping weed illegal, right now, then their is in making it legal.

same with cancer. way more money in treating cancer then making sure we do not get it. makes no sense in curing cancer when you can have folks paying and paying for treatments and pills for the rest of their life.

sugar addition. why that is big money as well. sugar = diabetics = insuluin/pills for life = $$$.
    come on folks what typw of biz men are you going to be if u stop all this. nope ita good biz right now and its all legal and the sheep dont have a clue. keep it that way.

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    always follow the money.
    there is much more money in keeping weed illegal, right now, then their is in making it legal.

same with cancer. way more money in treating cancer then making sure we do not get it. makes no sense in curing cancer when you can have folks paying and paying for treatments and pills for the rest of their life.

sugar addition. why that is big money as well. sugar = diabetics = insuluin/pills for life = $$$.
    come on folks what typw of biz men are you going to be if u stop all this. nope ita good biz right now and its all legal and the sheep dont have a clue. keep it that way.
    Look into the link between sugar and insulin, basically the jist of it is that there’s a link between too much sugar and type 2 diabetes which is caused by sugar releasing too much insulin into your body, so we cure it by pumping people FULL of extra insulin instead of the diet issue.

the real issue with “sugar” is high fructose corn syrup, normal table sugar is half glucose, half fructose, fructose goes to your liver, glucose fuels your body. HFCS goes directly to your liver. Another health epidemic caused by our no nothing government intervening in commerce (the BS food pyramid, the push for fake butter, low fat foods, and now low carb foods, the farm subsidies (which make corn syrup cheap) and just the push for crappy quick microwave foods, and the FDA not cracking down on garbage like HFCS when they know the problem with it)

tangent over, MJ should be legal, whether you want to use it yourself or not, freedom is what we should aim for

Top Bottom