• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    You will have to dump a lot of money into a mid range pistol to get anything close to a Brown, Baer, or Wilson and you still will not have the same level of fit and finish inside and out. My Gold Cup has a very nice fit and finish, but not nearly as nice as my Brown Executive Target.

You can easily equal the fit of any of the name makers, as for finish...does that make a gun more accurate? I prefer the Robar NP3 finish at any rate.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I must of been lucky when I bought mine.

My experience there doesn't support your post but you can have your opinion.

It's not an opinion just go in and look. There's an all grey CQB right now with scratches all along the slide and a couple others marred up. At least with SS you can blast out any rub marks/scratches, not so with the armor-tuff finished ones. There not all like that of course, some of the newer Browns and Nighthawks they have in haven't been nicked up yet.

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    I tend to agree with the majority, high ends are few and far apart at the 1500. You would have a better chance finding these 1911's at local shops.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I didn't even see that.

Yep, I can't remember the model name. It was Desert Tan in color. Think they wanted $1k for it. Their name was Classic Arms and Archery but they didn't have a sign. They were on the far north side, one row off wall, and right up front.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Wow, that guy does some amazing work! I like the dimplig of the front staps. :yesway:

Yes, Bob is really good and a great person to deal with. I'm glad I got in early in his career and I think he will just get better.

This is my CCW pistol by Bob. It is not flashy but it is made to do one thing well. :rockwoot:

CC_1991ORM_LEFT.jpg

asquinton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    :+1: Bob Trueblood at Bite the Bullet is a great guy to work with. He knows 1911's well and has several Wilson's on hand. The last time I was in there a few weeks ago he was clearing out inventory and had some good prices on new Wilsons.

You might give "Bite the Bullet" gunshop on US31 near Seymour, Indiana a try.
    He usually stocks Wilson Combats.

Top Bottom