• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Show me the actual SOLID back ups at all positions. If they were there the team would haven't had drop offs in production when starters go down. Yes, they have picked up some good players but a lot of busts and quite a few players that can't really cut it on special teams. I wouldn't even mention Mike Hart as a good anything with his 264 career rushing yards.

Here ya go. As I said, need help at offensive line, defensive line, and special teams coverage.

Starters and backups in ()

Running back - Addai (Brown, Hart, Rhodes, James)
    Wide Receiver - Wayne, Collie, Garcon (Gonzales, White, Smith)
    Tight End - Clark (Tamme, Santi, Eldridge, Robinson, Snow)
    Center - Jeff Saturday
    Guard - 5 on roster
    Tackles - Diem, Johnson (Linkenback, Reitz, Toudoze)

Safety - Bullet, Bethea (Sanders, Fransisco, 5 others on roster)
    CB - Powers, Hayden, (Lacey, Tryon, 6 others on roster)
    Linebackers - Bracket, Session, Angerer, Wheeler (Conner, Glenn, Triplett)
    Defensive end - Freeney, Mathis (Hughes, Dawson)
    Defensive line - Foster, Johnson, Moala, Muir (Matthews)

Kickers - Vinatieri, McAfee (Swenson)

Jacques McClendon, when you have someone that gets reps at OG, C, and lines up at TE it means you do not have depth.

Brody Eldridge, unless you have stats that haven't been published, I don't see anything that says he played all that well.

Ricardo Mathews, seeing game time doesn't mean you're a solid addition to the team.

Yeah thats kinda why I said they need line help.

Eldrige played well when given his chances. He was not a pass catching TE in most cases, but made a few catches when called upon.

As far as QB, there has NEVER been quality depth. What is going to happen when Waterhead goes down? A scramble to call Kurt Warner or try to get through some games with Painter?

If Manning goes down they are screwed, I even admitted Painter sucked. What exactly was your point here?

WR, yeah there are a few decent ones but what happens when they go down?

They will be 6 deep and all but one (Smith) have been good contributors.

Listing players that were busts or aren't on the team anymore means that the team didn't do very well in drafting the players or evaluating talent. If the players are good enough at their position to make another roster when your team doesn't have quality back ups means there is an issue.

Just because you aren't with a team after several years doesn't mean they aren't good players. It means they have signed free agent contracts. Ya know, that happens right?

I'd say Fili Moala played better than some of the players listed as far as their contributions this year as he saw game time in 16 games and had 26 tackles and a TD return. Anyone can list players that have potential. I'm a Dolphins fan and I see players that have potential but never reach it. When you list players that see a few minutes here and there that have NO stats, I'd say that those players aren't solid contributors to the team.

Drafting players that see a few minutes here and there and players that play half of the season and see 1 tackle isn't doing good things with the draft. No, not all players are going to be stars but even the back ups need to step in and do their job when the starters get hurt. 12 guys in the drafts you listed that were busts or not with the team any longer and players with NO stats other than played in a certain number of games is NOT doing good things with the draft. Looking at the list you put up, 9 or 10 players are actually solid at their position whether it is as a starter or a backup. I'm not going to consider the players that saw time and have no stats or that played 8 games and had 1 tackle. With Manning's INTs even the linemen should have more of a chance in 8 games to make 1 tackle so don't try to convince anyone that a DT with 1 tackle in 8 games played good at anytime.

Dude you need to do better if you want to argue. Again just because you aren't with the team any longer doesn't mean you aren't good.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I wouldn't count Sanders on a roster ever because he can't finish a season. Quite a few of the people you listed from their drafts simply aren't solid players. If you're fine with the back ups coming in and not recording any kind of stat that is tracked, that is awesome. Most of the players you listed that aren't with the team anymore, you called a "bust". If they were a bust, the team needs to figure out how to evaluate talent. If they're drafted and they don't live out their rookie contract, how good of a player were they? Are they a solid player for a team they're on now? Maybe that means the team can't evaluate talent and use it properly. If you're happy sitting there saying next year, next year, next year...that is fine but don't try to justify drafts being good when you list 12 busts or players that didn't live out rookie contracts(you don't sign free agent contracts when you're drafted, there is usually a structure as far as length that goes along with the round you're drafted in) with the team and saying the recent drafts have been good. I'm a Dolphins fan. I know about bad drafts and busts. I'm also realistic enough to understand that unless the decision making at the management level doesn't change, next year doesn't matter.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    funny-sports-pictures-haters-gonna-hate.jpg

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    Hater, but you see that little emblem over the 8 on his jersey? Thats a Super Bowl patch and he has been in 2 of the last 4, winning one. No other QB in the NFL can claim that at this time.
    Your right, but Roethlisburger has 2 rings out of the last 5. I'll be suprised if its not 3 after this season.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Unbelieveable how bad you guys hate the colts. I guess I just don't have the time to go bash things I don't like on the internet. I feel like I'm smarter than that.

Oh well, see you next season. Colts will be the first team to go to the playoffs 10 consecutive years in a row. Just saying...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Hater, but you see that little emblem over the 8 on his jersey? Thats a Super Bowl patch and he has been in 2 of the last 4, winning one. No other QB in the NFL can claim that at this time.

LOL, weak. "No other quarterback" can claim A LOT of things at any given time...8 quarterbacks right now can claim they have a chance to win the superbowl...Guess who isn't one of them? :rofl:

LOL, priceless. Reps inbound.

Your right, but Roethlisburger has 2 rings out of the last 5. I'll be suprised if its not 3 after this season.

You do realize that there's a really good chance they will have to play the Patriots, right?

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I though the COLTS did well considering all the injuries and all the interceptions this season.
    Good job COLTS

Last edited:

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009

Plus at least one sexual assault charge and lawsuit. Class. Id take a QB who never got close to a SB over one that I feel ashamed of.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Unbelieveable how bad you guys hate the colts. I guess I just don't have the time to go bash things I don't like on the internet. I feel like I'm smarter than that.

Oh well, see you next season. Colts will be the first team to go to the playoffs 10 consecutive years in a row. Just saying...

Its funny how those who profess to not care are all wraped up in it. I dont think much of the pacers or the nba but I dont mentally masterbate over it and hang out so I can take cheap shots at teams I dont care about.

Its a mind set of those who have issues.
    But its funny to watch them spin like a top.

Next season will be here soon so its time to focus on reloading more and if the weather breaks time at the range.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Its funny how those who profess to not care are all wraped up in it. I dont think much of the pacers or the nba but I dont mentally masterbate over it and hang out so I can take cheap shots at teams I dont care about.

Its a mind set of those who have issues.
    But its funny to watch them spin like a top.

Next season will be here soon so its time to focus on reloading more and if the weather breaks time at the range.

Issues? That's rich coming from you.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    All I know is for a bunch of people who hate the Colts, you sure has hell spend a lot of time researching, discussing, and posting about them.

But I want to thank you from the bottom of your heart, I truly appreciate you haters in Indy for helping support the team I like. Its nice to know that as much as you hate the team, you find it in your hearts to spend your tax money building a beautiful new stadium for us all to enjoy.

See you in 2011/2012 Colts fans

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    All I know is for a bunch of people who hate the Colts, you sure has hell spend a lot of time researching, discussing, and posting about them.

But I want to thank you from the bottom of your heart, I truly appreciate you haters in Indy for helping support the team I like. Its nice to know that as much as you hate the team, you find it in your hearts to spend your tax money building a beautiful new stadium for us all to enjoy.

See you in 2011/2012 Colts fans
    nah, you'll be stuck watching NASCAR on Sundays, due to the lockout....:cool:

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Waiting to see if they keep Ryan Deem. Also we are in trouble on the LBs now and Im really hoping Peyton will sign a contract that wont gut the team. I know what he means to the team and WILL go into history as one of the very best if not THE best to ever suit up.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Who's ready for some COLTS football?

Well its free agency, maybe the Colts should actually attempt to get a good player for once. Session is already gone with the Jags. A nice WR would be great.

nah, you'll be stuck watching NASCAR on Sundays, due to the lockout....:cool:

I wouldnt watch NASCAR if it was the only thing on TV. I have all my teeth and dont chew.

Top Bottom