• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    AFC South Champions (again) and 9th consecutive playoff appearance. To me, it was an extremely successful season.

I look forward to another record setting year. Sorry haters, the Colts and Peyton are awesome.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    It was a very exciting game. If Sanchez had been "on" with his passing game, we would have been stomped. The Jets followed their game plan in the second half by keeping the ball away from Manning. Our inability to stop the Jets' running game made a huge difference. Everything considered, I feel like the Colts did very well this season. Time to rest up, heal and plan a strategy for next season. I think we'll be back very strong next season. GO COLTS!

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    The return game did us in.

Congrats to the jets. They played a better game than the Colts did last nite.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Actually went to the game. Gotta say, I got my fix of the fix. Saw a spectacular punt fest the first quarter. Saw "legendary" quarterback Manning play like he couldn't wait for the season to end. Saw other "professionals" make dumb calls, dumb moves, etc.. Basically just reaffirmed by position that the NFL is entertainment first, football second. They do some pretty good things to keep people entertained, and a great job by both teams keeping the game close...wouldn't want 10-20K leaving the stadium early...not with $4 small popcorn, $4 25ish ounce soft drinks, and lord only knows all the other stuff selling for top dollar to be purchased. Loved seeing the drunks eat this stuff up like it is the real deal. And we wonder why this country is rapidly heading towards turd world status. :rolleyes:

Oh, can we have a moratorium on stating the clearly obvious on sports radio? "If we can stop the offense, we can win the game." Really? I've never thought about that. Lets stop the other team from scoring, and that may lead to a win. Why didn't any of the coaches think of that? Oh, and stop with the "the defense is tired" nonsense. So they are too tired to play a football game, but magically after the game is over, at least some of them aren't too tired to hit up various clubs and after game celebrations.

Great comments after Collie made the tackle to keep the kick from being returned for a TD---"Good thing he wasn't in the canal swimming!" Stuff along those lines.

The stadium itself was nice. Neat how they incorporated a semi-open concourse in the part of the stadium where we sat.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Oh, can we have a moratorium on stating the clearly obvious on sports radio? "If we can stop the offense, we can win the game." Really? I've never thought about that. Lets stop the other team from scoring, and that may lead to a win. Why didn't any of the coaches think of that?

When I was coaching elementary football a few years ago, I'd start my pre-game pep talk with "If the other team doesn't score, they can't win." Those 5th and 6th graders would just look at me like I had revealed to them the secrets to the universe, why the sky is blue, etc.

In all truthfullness though, while it is very obvious, it is sometimes the obvious that people over look. The Jets had a very good strategy. Keep one of the NFL's top QB's off the field for as long as possible. Less time he's on the field, less opportunity for the Colts to score, and more opportunity for the Jets to score.

A lot of the NFL game in recent years is about outscoring the other team. I.e. trade touchdowns back and forth and hope for a turnover or two to swing the game. In some respects, that is also how the Colts are built as well.

Last edited:

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Can anybody explain to me why Caldwell called the timeout that allowed the Jets to get 20 yards closer to kick the field goal? Sure I understand the time thing, But kicking a 49 yard FG to win the game in a noisy stadium under pressure is a lot different than a 30 yard FG. Even Manning had a baffled look on his face. I was at a game last year where this exact thing happened. Needless to say I found it disturbing.

Well another season gone. Hopefully we will have season to enjoy next year. Let's hope they can agree on a new CBA. Let's also hope that the injury bug goes away so we can have a chance to see the Colts play in the Superbowl at home in 2012.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, that time out didn't make much sense to me either. I think it was all about trying to preserve time, but probably was done very hastily and without thinking it all the way through.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Let's hope they can agree on a new CBA. .... Superbowl at home in 2012.

My prediction: This issue will resolve itself quickly, or they won't have a season. Too many owners getting their stadiums built for them on the taxpayer dime. Players see this, so obviously they figure the owners have even more disposable cash, and they want some of it. I always wondered why we didn't get the 2011 Superbowl, and when this issue first started coming to light in the mainstream press, I got my answer.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Im still disgusted with the kick coverage and inexplicable time out by Caldwell. But we should be used to it by now.

I have high hopes for next year, the great thing that came out of this year is that guys who normally wouldn't be playing have got a ton of game day experience. If the normal starers come back and are healthy next season the Colts have a great chance to be very deep at almost every position. We have played 10+ defensive backs this year, 5 running backs, about 8 receivers, 4-5 tight ends, a bunch of line backers, etc

Next year has the chance to be a good year.

Need to shore up the defensive line, offensive line, and special teams coverage in the draft. 10 wins certainly gets them lower in the draft rankings than they are used to.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Manning-Face.jpg

LOL

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Im still disgusted with the kick coverage and inexplicable time out by Caldwell. But we should be used to it by now.

I have high hopes for next year, the great thing that came out of this year is that guys who normally wouldn't be playing have got a ton of game day experience. If the normal starers come back and are healthy next season the Colts have a great chance to be very deep at almost every position. We have played 10+ defensive backs this year, 5 running backs, about 8 receivers, 4-5 tight ends, a bunch of line backers, etc

Next year has the chance to be a good year.

Need to shore up the defensive line, offensive line, and special teams coverage in the draft. 10 wins certainly gets them lower in the draft rankings than they are used to.

When in the past say 5-10 years have they done anything in the draft that made the team that much better? If you go back to 2004, Bob Sanders was a wasted pick as he can't finish a season. They don't seem to know how to draft back ups at any position that doesn't make the team see a HUGE drop when a couple people get injured. They keep paying good ol' Bob Sanders the kind of money they have been $37.5 million(2008) with $20 million guaranteed for his 6.8 games a season, they'll NEVER be able to figure out how to get and keep depth on the team. If they keep drafting like they have been get ready to say "next year"...next year.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When in the past say 5-10 years have they done anything in the draft that made the team that much better? If you go back to 2004, Bob Sanders was a wasted pick as he can't finish a season. They don't seem to know how to draft back ups at any position that doesn't make the team see a HUGE drop when a couple people get injured. They keep paying good ol' Bob Sanders the kind of money they have been $37.5 million(2008) with $20 million guaranteed for his 6.8 games a season, they'll NEVER be able to figure out how to get and keep depth on the team. If they keep drafting like they have been get ready to say "next year"...next year.

I mean no offense, but you really have no idea what you are talking about. You should really do a bit of research before you spout off.

2010 Draft

1st Round - Jerry Hughes has the potential but his effort seems to be questionable at times. The prime example is the play that cost the Colts Saturday. He was the first guy who had a shot to tackle Cromartie on the last kick return. He missed him at the 15 yard line. That would have made the Jets last drive dramatically more difficult. He has talent, just need to polish it up.
    2nd round - Pat Angerer. He has been huge for the linebacking core this year. He has played too soon due to injury but has filled in about as well as you could expect for the 63rd pick.
    3rd round - Kevin Thomas was placed on IR
    4th round - Jacque McClendon played in four games this year
    5th round - Brody Eldridge, he has played well when given time.
    7th round - Ricardo Mathews has played in eight games this year

The 2009 Draft was really pretty good and a lot of those guys are major contributors.

1st round - Donald Brown, played a ton and was serviceable
    2nd round - Fili Moala, played very well towards the later half of the season
    3rd round - Jerraud Powers, is the best Corner Back on the team imo
    4th round - Austin Collie, he is a game changer and that shows in the difference of the offense when he plays and does not. Best player in this draft imo.
    6th round - Curtis Painter, even as a Purdue guy he stinks but is our backup for better or worse
    7th round - Pat McAfee, one of the best punters in the game in his second season
    7th round - Jamie Thomas, played 8 games this season

2008 Draft

2nd round - Mike Pollack, started 11 games this year
    3rd round - Phillip Wheeler, played every game and had 61 tackles
    4th round - Jacob Tamme, filled in awesome for an injured Dallas Clark. Caught more passes in the league after he came in week 7.
    5th round - Marcus Howard, bust
    6th round - Tom Santi, has played well when called upon.
    6th round - Steve Justice, bust
    6th round - Mike Hart, been a great change of pace back
    6th round - Pierre Garcon, fast, good route runner, solid #3 WR
    7th round - Jamey Richard, played all but one game this year

2007 Draft, this is one of the worst drafts for the Colts. Outside of a steal for Session in the late rounds, only Gonzo and Dawson see regular time.

1st round - Anthony Gonzales, good slot WR, not a game changer but a good #3, maybe #2
    2nd round - Tony Ugoh, bust
    3rd round - Dante Hughes, bust
    3th round - Quinn Pittcock, bust
    4th round - Brannon Condren, bust
    4th round - Clint Session, one of their better LBs and a huge loss the past several games including Saturday
    5th round - Roy Hall, bust
    5th round - Michael Coe, bust
    7th round - Keyunta Dawson, solid lineman

2006 Draft

1st round - Joesph Addai, starting RB
    2nd round - Tim Jennings, good player but now on Bears
    3rd round - Freddy Keiaho, good player, signed with Jags
    5th round - Michael Toudoze, bust
    6th round - Charlie Johnson, starting tackle
    6th round - Antoine Bethea, best safety we have by a mile imo
    7th round - TJ Rushing, was a below average DB, no longer on team

The 2005 draft had some key contributors but overall wasn't that strong. Marlin Jackson intercepted Tom Brady to send them to the SB. Kelvin Hayden is one of the best corners on the team. Tyjuan Hagler is a contributor still.

Thats the last six drafts, Id say there are some really good pickups, especially late in the drafts. That doesn't include guys like Gary Brackett, Blair White, Javarris James, Jacob Lacey who are doing their part.

In the last 10 drafts, the Colts have picked 8 guys who have made at least one pro bowl. Thats not too shabby, thats close to averaging one guy who is at the top of the league at his position.

Last edited:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    Colts had a better year this year than a lot of other teams would have after all those injuries. I for one am proud of the Colts and how they played this year.

Next year go COLTS !!!!!. :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Show me the actual SOLID back ups at all positions. If they were there the team would haven't had drop offs in production when starters go down. Yes, they have picked up some good players but a lot of busts and quite a few players that can't really cut it on special teams. I wouldn't even mention Mike Hart as a good anything with his 264 career rushing yards.

Jacques McClendon, when you have someone that gets reps at OG, C, and lines up at TE it means you do not have depth.

Brody Eldridge, unless you have stats that haven't been published, I don't see anything that says he played all that well.

Ricardo Mathews, seeing game time doesn't mean you're a solid addition to the team.

As far as QB, there has NEVER been quality depth. What is going to happen when Waterhead goes down? A scramble to call Kurt Warner or try to get through some games with Painter?

WR, yeah there are a few decent ones but what happens when they go down?

Listing players that were busts or aren't on the team anymore means that the team didn't do very well in drafting the players or evaluating talent. If the players are good enough at their position to make another roster when your team doesn't have quality back ups means there is an issue.

I'd say Fili Moala played better than some of the players listed as far as their contributions this year as he saw game time in 16 games and had 26 tackles and a TD return. Anyone can list players that have potential. I'm a Dolphins fan and I see players that have potential but never reach it. When you list players that see a few minutes here and there that have NO stats, I'd say that those players aren't solid contributors to the team.

Drafting players that see a few minutes here and there and players that play half of the season and see 1 tackle isn't doing good things with the draft. No, not all players are going to be stars but even the back ups need to step in and do their job when the starters get hurt. 12 guys in the drafts you listed that were busts or not with the team any longer and players with NO stats other than played in a certain number of games is NOT doing good things with the draft. Looking at the list you put up, 9 or 10 players are actually solid at their position whether it is as a starter or a backup. I'm not going to consider the players that saw time and have no stats or that played 8 games and had 1 tackle. With Manning's INTs even the linemen should have more of a chance in 8 games to make 1 tackle so don't try to convince anyone that a DT with 1 tackle in 8 games played good at anytime.

Top Bottom