• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    There will be an ad in the oakland paper tomorrow "Lost: 11 Jockstraps" Last seen trying to figure out where the greatest QB to ever suit up went.
    :)::)::)::)::)::)::):

Next will be an ad from sepe trying to sell a bunch of used and heavily SNIFFED straps on the classifieds.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    They would only play Pitt in the 2nd round if the chiefs lose to oakland and then Indy would be the 3 seed. Otherwise as it stands now with

1. Pats
    2. Steelers
    3. Chiefs
    4. Colts
    5. Ravens
    6. Jets

Colts would host Baltimore then have to play the pats then Pitt.

So, the playoff picture is clearing up.

Week 0 of playoffs: Vs. Titans. A win and we're in. A loss means that the Jags have to lose for the Colts to get in.

Week 1 of playoffs: AFC wildcard vs. most likely the Ravens

Week 2 of playoffs: AFC division vs. most likely the Steelers

Week 3 of playoffs: AFC championsship vs. guess who....the PATS!

The Colts have been there before and have played all the way through the wild card round to make it to the Superbowl (simlar run a few years back...:yesway:).

I'm actually feeling more optimistic than a week ago. I think the team is focused right now, and if we go week by week, we tend to play better. While I'd like to have a clinched playoff spot right now, I don't mind that we're not going to rest the starters for 2-3 weeks like last year.

So, get some rest boys....big week at home next week against the Titans. They're backs are a against the wall, and they're going to be hungry for some revenge, and for a bright spot to end the season on. Colts can't rest on the fact that they beat them a few weeks ago at TN....

GO COLTS!!!

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I am sure that all of America got to see the raiders at their usuall level of sportsmanship. Fingers to the eye of DeVan. Classy. At least Ryan got a bit of enforcer duty. Too bad he didnt get to open the whole can. I have had a chance to chat a bit with Ryan and he is a BIG guy.
    Al Davis seems to have changed his motto from "just win" to just let me take a good poop from what he looked like on the tube.

BTW glad to have Dom back. Can we get the Edge to suit up as well??

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    They would only play Pitt in the 2nd round if the chiefs lose to oakland and then Indy would be the 3 seed. Otherwise as it stands now with

1. Pats
    2. Steelers
    3. Chiefs
    4. Colts
    5. Ravens
    6. Jets

Colts would host Baltimore then have to play the pats then Pitt.

you're right...there were too many "if, then" scenarios playing in my head to figure out all the seedings. Forgot about the highest vs. lowest seed match ups as well depending on how the wildcard games pan out.

Usually the AFC playoff picture is a little more clear than this, with only a few teams left trying to get a wild card berth. Most of the division champions are already set by now. Seems almost NFC like this year in terms of how many seeds are coming down to the last week.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I am sure that all of America got to see the raiders at their usuall level of sportsmanship. Fingers to the eye of DeVan. Classy. At least Ryan got a bit of enforcer duty. Too bad he didnt get to open the whole can. I have had a chance to chat a bit with Ryan and he is a BIG guy.
    Al Davis seems to have changed his motto from "just win" to just let me take a good poop from what he looked like on the tube.

BTW glad to have Dom back. Can we get the Edge to suit up as well??

Yeah I was a little upset with Diem on that drive but they got a TD anyways. Defense looked good and they've ran the ball well two straight weeks. The passing game still looked a little off without Collie. Hopefully the run game holds up for a playoff run.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    There will be an ad in the oakland paper tomorrow "Lost: 11 Jockstraps" Last seen trying to figure out where the greatest QB to ever suit up went.
    :)::)::)::)::)::)::):

Next will be an ad from sepe trying to sell a bunch of used and heavily SNIFFED straps on the classifieds.

You seem to really want some OZ shower scene time with me. Just to let you know, I'm not going to be the one dropping the soap.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Not overly optomisitic today, think they can win but who knows. Thanks to Jacksonville it doesnt matter. Win next week and you win the division.

The win was a given. The entire concept of the NFL is to please fans. Folks know very well that all major corporations, that involve billions of dollars to be made, are controlled, yet for some reason die-hard fans want to think pro-sports aren't as controlled. All those fans watching Oakland had zero to gain with a win, they were already out of the playoffs, and those stands appeared pretty full anyways. The fix was in to let the Colts win in the end, as that is what keeps the excitement going, not only for Colts fans, but for other parts of the NFL in general (ie: The possibility of a division win is still alive).

The downside was that we didn't get to see any replays of the two big penalties. My dad said he used his DVR and he was able to see the second one. The long field goals were pretty neat, and Pay-A-Ton's run to end the game was a pretty good call. Oh, was it me or were the only big runs done by Rhodes? Where has he been? I know he just got hired back this past month. Did he go somewhere else for the $$$ and flop, or did he retire and pull a Farve?

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    you're right...there were too many "if, then" scenarios playing in my head to figure out all the seedings. Forgot about the highest vs. lowest seed match ups as well depending on how the wildcard games pan out.

Usually the AFC playoff picture is a little more clear than this, with only a few teams left trying to get a wild card berth. Most of the division champions are already set by now. Seems almost NFC like this year in terms of how many seeds are coming down to the last week.

Its mostly set right now. The only teams who are not locked in is the AFC South winner (indy or jville). Everyone else is already set.

1 - NE is locked in
    2 - Pitt (Pitt gets 2 seed with a win or raven loss)
    3 - KC (KC already won AFC West, gets 3 seed with a win or Colts loss)
    4 - Indy (Wins division with a win, can get 3 seed with a win and KC loss)
    5 - Baltimore (Clinched wildcard, but can win division and 2 seed with a win and Pitt loss)
    6 - Jets (clinched Wild card, can move to 5 seed if they win, pitt loses, and baltimore wins)

7 - Jaguars (can move into 4 seed with win and Indy loss)

The jets moving to the 5 seed is a little confusing. All the following are based on the Jets winning, if they lose they are locked into the 6 seed.

If Pitt and Baltimore wins, the Steelers win the division and that would also have Baltimore with a 1 game better record so they get the 5 seed.

If Pitt wins and Baltimore loses, the Steelers win the division and Baltimore would get the 5 seed based upon they beat the Jets head to head.

If Pitt loses and Baltimore wins, the Ravens win the division and the Steelers would get the 6 seed based upon the fact they would have the same record as the jets but the Jets would have a better conference record. (9-3 vs 8-4)

If Pitt and Baltimore both lose, the Steelers win the division and again Baltimore would hold the tie breaker with the Jets due to head to head.

The win was a given. The entire concept of the NFL is to please fans. Folks know very well that all major corporations, that involve billions of dollars to be made, are controlled, yet for some reason die-hard fans want to think pro-sports aren't as controlled. All those fans watching Oakland had zero to gain with a win, they were already out of the playoffs, and those stands appeared pretty full anyways. The fix was in to let the Colts win in the end, as that is what keeps the excitement going, not only for Colts fans, but for other parts of the NFL in general (ie: The possibility of a division win is still alive).

Retarded...

The downside was that we didn't get to see any replays of the two big penalties. My dad said he used his DVR and he was able to see the second one. The long field goals were pretty neat, and Pay-A-Ton's run to end the game was a pretty good call. Oh, was it me or were the only big runs done by Rhodes? Where has he been? I know he just got hired back this past month. Did he go somewhere else for the $$$ and flop, or did he retire and pull a Farve?

Rhodes was in the UFL, played pretty well in fact. No one else picked up him. Good for us.

Last edited:

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN

Any team in the NFL would be honored to shut the Colts down and keep them out of the playoffs. Also, you don't give it to Peyton as a keeper as a "fix." Although it worked yesterday, not many people would ever agree with a call for him to keep it and run.

Conspiracy theories are neat, but they don't happen in the NFL.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    You seem to really want some OZ shower scene time with me. Just to let you know, I'm not going to be the one dropping the soap.

So funny when someone talks poo about Manning and then gets a lesson why he will go into history as possibly the best player to ever suit up. I really dont know what OZ is. Must be something your into.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009

I dont know what game you watched but when it showed the whole stadium looked like a lot of no shows.
    The 411 on Dom has been floating in the papers for a couple weeks for even the most casual trolls. If your gonna talk trash at least know what your talking about.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    The win is nice and next weeks game should be a win. Unfortunatly I dont see us going really deep in the playoffs. The squealers are playing well and even worse the patsies are playing as well as they have been in a few years. We almost beat the patsies but Im not sure if we could do it now.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Well, I don't want to burst your bubble twice in one day, but Santa Claus doesn't exist either.

So, Superbowl 42 was planned to end like that? Pats get beat so they don't have the undefeated season and keep everyone watching to make more money?

Seriously dude, you are going to have to build a bigger tin foil hat.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    So, Superbowl 42 was planned to end like that? Pats get beat so they don't have the undefeated season and keep everyone watching to make more money?

Seriously dude, you are going to have to build a bigger tin foil hat.

I have no idea if Superbowl 42's end was pre-determined. It wouldn't surprise me if Superbowls 41 and 44 were fixed. When it seems taxpayers need to be reassured of giving an NFL investor (ie: Team owner) over almost a billion dollars, it is best to send their team to the Big Game. Superbowl 44 even appeared fixed. Manning tried to give his best "I really care." look, but you combine a team with no Superbowl win with the New Orleans Saints, and factor in Katrina guilt, I pretty much knew who the winner of that game was going to be.

If you want to think that there is absolutely no scripting of any part of the NFL, that's fine. The good thing is you won't need a tin foil hat as folks only need those to protect from brain damage. A trillion dollar industry, just let loose to see where the chips fall....yea, right. :rolleyes:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    This last game against Oakland was really entertaining. The Colts' running game looked pretty strong with Rhodes and Adai back. If it can hold up during the playoffs, it might take some pressure off Manning's passing game. That fake-out and run by Manning was really fun to watch. I thought I heard Manning say to an Oakland player after the game that it was "entertainment for the fans" or something to that effect. I don't think that our offense will be running on all cylinders for the playoffs and the other teams are really strong, so I don't think we'll make it very far, but I think the Colts will really put out the effort and make us proud.

Top Bottom