Wifes cell phone was stolen from El Rodeo by an EMPLOYEE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    All,

My wife went out for dinner with a few of her lady friends in Avon, all of the women had their children with them ( including my wife ). After they got finished eating, my wife was the last one from the table, she carried the baby with her to pay @ the counter whilst leaving her cell phone on the table and diaper bag in the booth seat.

After she quickly paid she walked back to the seat to find her phone MISSING! She confronted the waitress and she quickly denied all allegations. We then tracked the cell phone VIA GPS to a particular address behind Ben Davis High school. We called the IMPD and a very friendly officer went by the house to try and retrieve it.

Shortly after the officer called us we lost signal to the phone, he must have scared the crap out of them.

I went back to El Rodeo in order to speak to the manager, the manager told me that ALL of their employee's live in that same house, therefore confirming the phone was stolen by an employee.

My questions is: what do I do now?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Cancel the phone, file an insurance claim, move on. It's gone, man.

If it's the right kind of phone, it can be bricked remotely by the phone company so whoever stole it won't be able to sign it up for new service.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If the house has the right kind of windows, they can be bricked remotely from the street curb as well.

Kidding.:rolleyes:

That sucks.:xmad:

I would let the manager know exactly what happened but I agree... it is gone.:noway:

Sorry to hear.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Here is a $15 phone TODAY ONLY that you can pick up and activate (likely) for your service provider.

https://www.dailysteals.com/

89.jpg

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    You know; it's really not the phone I'm worried about - it's the fact of the matter. She is a MOTHER and someone stole from her like that. Not to mention the phone had lots of pictures of our child and some personal information.

I want to find who did this and beat their face in.

Thanks for the suggestions.

gus1989

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Not to mention the phone had lots of pictures of our child and some personal information.

That's what I worry about - the information. You really do have to treat them like they were your purse or wallet. I've left mine behind before and it isn't a good feeling (fortunately I got it back).

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    Sorry for your wife's phone loss.

On a positive note, Your able to inform us what
    type of people this establishment employee's.
    (with the police report, you would think the manager would make it right)

Sounds like a good place to avoid.

glocker1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    Yes thieves do suck. but in this day and age, why would a MOTHER leave a cell phone full of personal information lay unattended in a oublic place? maybe you need to rethink your families "alertness" level.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I went back to El Rodeo in order to speak to the manager, the manager told me that ALL of their employee's live in that same house, therefore confirming the phone was stolen by an employee.

Sorry about your wifes loss, but did anyone else notice this? Unless all of the employees are family I'm guessing that there is a good chance that they are illegals. My mom used to work at a restaurant where all the bus staff and dishwashers lived at the same place, the restaurant owned the "apartment building" and hired them paid them minimum wage and charged them rent for living there.

But if they are illegals they couldn't of stolen the phone, everyone knows that all illegals are good, upstanding, hardworking, law abiding(except for being here illegally that is) people who are just trying to get ahead. :dunno:

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Yes thieves do suck. but in this day and age, why would a MOTHER leave a cell phone full of personal information lay unattended in a oublic place? maybe you need to rethink your families "alertness" level.

You know I've gone over this a million times with her - it doesn't seem to get through to her.

What does matter is : she at least took the baby with her - the most important thing!

Sorry about your wifes loss, but did anyone else notice this? Unless all of the employees are family I'm guessing that there is a good chance that they are illegals. My mom used to work at a restaurant where all the bus staff and dishwashers lived at the same place, the restaurant owned the "apartment building" and hired them paid them minimum wage and charged them rent for living there.

But if they are illegals they couldn't of stolen the phone, everyone knows that all illegals are good, upstanding, hardworking, law abiding(except for being here illegally that is) people who are just trying to get ahead.
    dunno.gif

There isn't a doubt in my mind that all of them are Illegals, this pisses me off even more.

Ranger Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    In GOD'S country
    Do you want some of us to call El Rodeo's and tell the manager that since our friend's cell was stolen by an employee we have decided not to patronize there establishment and we will let all our friends know?

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Do you want some of us to call El Rodeo's and tell the manager that since our friend's cell was stolen by an employee we have decided not to patronize there establishment and we will let all our friends know?

I bet that would be the course of action to most likely to get a response....

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

Why not do that anyway?

OP, I presume that this was the El Rodeo on Rockville Rd?

-J-

Top Bottom