Wifes cell phone was stolen from El Rodeo by an EMPLOYEE!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ranger Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    In GOD'S country
    Just called and talked to the manager..didn't want to recover or compensate for the loss of the phone, suggest letting everyone know and not frequenting that establishment again. Would rather lose customers than replace cell phone!!

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    My friend who speaks fluent Spanish just typed a letter for me. I'm going to leave it on the door of the house, give one to the manager as well.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Stand outside and warn everyone walking in not to leave personal belongings unattended due to known employee theft. Sure, eventually they will ask tell you to leave, but so what. If you turn a couple of groups of diners away, it will certainly cover the expense of the phone. Plus, there is always another night to do the same thing. Like on a weekend when it's pretty crowded. As long as you leave when asked, they shouldn't bust you for anything. Maybe it will get enough attention to bring corporate down on them. Who knows, you might someday get compensated. They take your phone, be a pain in their backside.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What, exactly, are you expecting the management to do here? I mean, as far as he's concerned you're making up a story to get him to cough up a hundred bucks. We used to get customers pulling crap like that all the time at the restaurant where I worked. You know, they'd dump mustard on their coat and claim it was all over the seat and we should buy them a new coat, or whatever.

He has no proof other than your allegations that it was one of his employees. If I were the store manager, I'd probably tell you to get bent too. You say the GPS put the phone in the general vicinity of the house behind the restaurant, but it could just as easily have been dumped in the bushes there by the patron who grabbed it.

I agree with you that it was probably one of the wait staff, but my point is that there is no proof. If you're going to start demanding things from the manager, you should A) have some proof, and B) have a goal in mind.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    What, exactly, are you expecting the management to do here? I mean, as far as he's concerned you're making up a story to get him to cough up a hundred bucks. We used to get customers pulling crap like that all the time at the restaurant where I worked. You know, they'd dump mustard on their coat and claim it was all over the seat and we should buy them a new coat, or whatever.

He has no proof other than your allegations that it was one of his employees. If I were the store manager, I'd probably tell you to get bent too. You say the GPS put the phone in the general vicinity of the house behind the restaurant, but it could just as easily have been dumped in the bushes there by the patron who grabbed it.

I agree with you that it was probably one of the wait staff, but my point is that there is no proof. If you're going to start demanding things from the manager, you should A) have some proof, and B) have a goal in mind.

I'm not looking for reimbursement from the manager, the phone was tracked several miles away from the restuarant in a sub division behind Ben Davis high school. The MANAGER is the one who told me all the mexican's live at the address the GPS location gave me. I have an exact address also the manager confirming they all live there.

I want the actual phone back I'm not looking for a handout. Also the value of the phone is $400.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm not looking for reimbursement from the manager, the phone was tracked several miles away from the restuarant in a sub division behind Ben Davis high school. The MANAGER is the one who told me all the mexican's live at the address the GPS location gave me. I have an exact address also the manager confirming they all live there.

I want the actual phone back I'm not looking for a handout. Also the value of the phone is $400.

I got that much. I'm talking about the people who want to picket the store. I guess I should have worded my post better. Sorry for the confusion.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I could care less about the manager. He hires thieves - it's his problem too. The spanish-worded letter handout is a great idea.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    What did the policeman tell you after his visit? Did he talk to anybody?

He spoke with someone at the residence, they acted like they couldn't speak Spanish. He doesn't have a search warrant and will not get one for that fact so he couldn't investigate further.

The plan I have is, just keep putting heat on the workers and manager and hopefully someone will finally give the phone up.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Man, sorry to hear that. It's really crappy.

I'm down for an OC dinner there. When you all wanna go? Saturday? Some evening this week? We could all go in and order a water and when they come back to take our order say no, that's ok, we just wanted some water. :D Sit in there an hour or so talking and eyeing the employee's really good until they throw us out. :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    How do you track a cell phone?

It depends on the cell phone. Mine runs a variant of Linux, so I can remotely access it over the internet and tell it to e-mail its GPS coordinates to me. I can even wipe it completely if I feel so inclined.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    It depends on the cell phone. Mine runs a variant of Linux, so I can remotely access it over the internet and tell it to e-mail its GPS coordinates to me. I can even wipe it completely if I feel so inclined.

That is too cool- is it android-based?

jd3772000

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    Indy

Glad the phone im picking up next week has this feature.

$400 phone i think this is in order...

:ar15:

:popcorn:

Top Bottom