• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Trade her in on a newer more efficient model:):, thats why the wife and I always talk about purchases before they are done. Gotta be careful with this situation because it usually ends up being the downfall of a lot of marriages. Something like this happened to a buddy of mine he was excited tellin me he was $1500 from being debt free and 2 days later finds out his wife had been hiding $20000 in credit card bills from him.... about 3 months later they filed for divorce.

Well, I have little sympathy for him - there should not have been any way that she COULD have hid twenty grand of debt from him - not if he were paying attention and really combing through the finances. Women can be sneaky, but no one should be able to be so sneaky as to get the drop on you for $20k. Either he was disinterested enough in the finances to not notice or she is a SUPER-sneaky specimen, but that sort of thing doesn't just happen overnight. Sucks that he got a divorce, but it's good that he got out early if she's willing - and able - to hide that much from him and lie to his face. Good luck to him. Hopefully next time he'll take a fine-toothed comb to EVERYTHING.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    To the OP: this is my area of expertise, unfortunately. Many times daily I handle accounts of this nature. The spouse will have an account accruing interest at an ungodly rate for 5+ years and will conveniently forget the tell the significant other. And unfortunately, many times this does end in divorce. I'd suggest a quick credit check to search for any other delinquent accounts or possible Judgements lingering on the credit report. If anyone has any questions about delinquent accounts feel free to ask me. (And no, IANAL. I work for a law firm and am attorney-trained in FDCPA compliance and IN and IL law.) :twocents:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    And unfortunately, many times this does end in divorce. I'd suggest a quick credit check to search for any other delinquent accounts or possible Judgements lingering on the credit report.

The only account that remains is our $500 house payment.

At this point in life, I'm not going to let something like this bother me to a point of losing sleep over let alone something as severe as a divorce. My marriage is worth much more than $1,900. The incident lingered so long more because of embarassment on her part than intentional deceipt. As far as I'm concerned, it is water under the dam. The debt has been paid, a many year headache for her comes to an end and life goes on a little easier for us now.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Let me know how the whole spanking the wife thing works out for you. I would have to leave the country if I tried that. Might be worth it.

I will take my answer off the air.

I have a feeling if I tried that, the last thing I would see is her standing over me with her .38 saying "how do I reload this damn thing?"

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom