• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Only two? My wife started with a PK380, but later decided it was too bulky for EDC in all situations. She then picked up a PF-9, and after a year, thought it was a bit too big to carry in certain situations. Her next step was to trade off the PK380 for a S&W Bodyguard .380. All that was fine and good until I picked up a 442 revolver, and then she had to have a 38 snubbie, so she now has an LCR too. Along the way she has also acquired a PT92, and a 44 Mag, though she rarely carries them on a regular basis.

Yeah, she started off with one of those Taurus "ultra light" 5 shot 38 Special wheel guns, then decided she liked a shiny new Bersa 380 Thunder Plus, after about 6 months, we were headed to the 1500 and she said she didn't like all the slide racking, safety switches, etc, etc and wanted a wheel gun again. So we sold the Bersa at the show for about $50 less than we paid for it, went directly over to Bob at the PSS Booth and got her--guess what? Yep, a S&W 442 38 Special. Now momma's happy.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Except that mine didnt give up any of hers (expect the PK380) to move on to the next one. She shoots all of them fairly regularly, but tends to favor her LCR for normal EDC. Sometimes if her clothing limits the revolver for on body carry, she switches to the Smith BG380, as it is slightly flatter. She is fairly dedicated to on body carry, as she sees the flaws with purse carry(not to mention she goes without the purse frequently, but carries her gun everywhere).

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    My wife shot a Kahr PM9 last weekend, and really liked it. I bought her a LCP last year, and she hates it. Guess I'm shopping for a PM9 now.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    CM9 is very similar at a much lower cost. Same size and trigger, but different barrel, no night sites, and only one mag. Might we worth a look.

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    I looked at a CM9 a couple days ago. PM9 has polygonal barrel and night sights, better finish, roll stamped markings, and comes with an extra magazine. CM9 is $200 cheaper, and likely what I will buy next. Up to the Wife though =P

mrp010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Granger IN
    +1 on the CM9 over the PM9. Who needs the polyagonal barrel in a 3" gun?? Other then that the differences are mainly cosmetic.

It's a handful with +P tho.

Top Bottom