• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    So....now I need a gun for her. She has not shot very much. I am thinking Bodyguard .380 or Kahr .380.

First off I am sorry about the loss of your friend… If your wife is interested in these guns, I think the Kahr is a great choice here! And if you're spending P380 level dough I would have to encourage you to look at the sig p238 and p938 models, while it is a completely different style gun which may "create" other issues in your mind. They are much easier to operate the slide than other pistols of this size, and are just fantastic little pistols… Good luck and I hope she picks something you like as well!

nobek102

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    That's great! I remember how happy I was when my wife told me she wanted her LTCH and a handgun... We went to the indy 1500 so she could pick out her gun... She had shot my moms .38 special and loved it... Ended up getting her a S&W air weight hammer less she can carry in her purse

DIRTROAD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    My wife came to me and said I think I want a gun I think I like this one ,she was online and shows me a pink Walter p22 I know it's a 22 rl but she is not big on shooting so I am looking for a pink P22 if she shoots it then I will look at an upgrade but she picked it because it was pink got to love her

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Just be careful about those small lightweight .38 wheel guns. They kick like a mule on meth. See what fits her hand, and get her something that she can comfortably put a lot of rounds downrange with and get proficient with, without discomfort to the palm of her hand.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    After reading the story this morning of our friend being shot at near his home in Indy (story here) and the story of the double homicide/home invasion in Westfield, my wife asked me to help her get her LTCH , a handgun to carry and shooting lessons. I am happy that she has finally seen the light and understand the importance of self-protection.

Proud of my wife.

So....now I need a gun for her. She has not shot very much. I am thinking Bodyguard .380 or Kahr .380.

Edit:: I wasn't happy with my original post so I deleted it. My deepest sympathy for the loss of your friends. Make sure she gets plenty of time to get used to it.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    My wife came to me and said I think I want a gun I think I like this one ,she was online and shows me a pink Walter p22 I know it's a 22 rl but she is not big on shooting so I am looking for a pink P22 if she shoots it then I will look at an upgrade but she picked it because it was pink got to love her

'Yep! Get em what they want.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Usually at a NRA 'basic' class, there are a pile of different guns to try; partly to expose the students to different types of handguns and also so they can get an idea of what 'works' for them. I strongly recommend a class as part of her search because making she's got shooting fundamentals is just as important as getting a gun she likes and is comfortable with.

Top Bottom