• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Meh, it's WIBC. I've spent the last year or more having to listen to 2 commercials being played simultaneously during a certain time of day that they're either too lazy or too stupid to fix...
    My beef is when using the app I have to close an app ad EVERY time, AND listen to an in stream ad (or two, or three) before I can listen to the actual broadcast.... with on air ads. Come on, guys.

And I'm still trying to wrap my head around the new system. In the Emmis days, the stream was 2 seconds BEHIND live. Which is expected. Now OTA live audio is 2 seconds behind the stream. :scratch:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Subbing for Nigel on WIBC...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes… BOO!!
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. If they are obligated to broadcast a game, and are prohibited from streaming said game, then they should use the vacant stream to run whatever show got bumped from the airwaves.

If they did that, we could all be happy.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. If they are obligated to broadcast a game, and are prohibited from streaming said game, then they should use the vacant stream to run whatever show got bumped from the airwaves.

If they did that, we could all be happy.
    Do it podcast only

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Still not good enough. Its a call-in show. Hard to get folks to call in when they cant listen in real time.
    Bah! Diehards know the number.

It's the free market at work. Indiana football draws a larger audience. More people can probably hear a podcast stream than can listen to HD digital channels

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Bah! Diehards know the number.

It's the free market at work. Indiana football draws a larger audience. More people can probably hear a podcast stream than can listen to HD digital channels
    Just saying its possible to do it as a stream, but not really practical as a podcast. Unless he changed the format for those shows.

And yes, they can make more money airing the games. I'm just saying that they have an unused, dead stream at that time, so its entirely practical to keep both fans happy. Its not like I'm saying for them to split the listeners and NOT stream the game, removing some game listeners. They already arent streaming the game.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just saying its possible to do it as a stream, but not really practical as a podcast. Unless he changed the format for those shows.

And yes, they can make more money airing the games. I'm just saying that they have an unused, dead stream at that time, so its entirely practical to keep both fans happy. Its not like I'm saying for them to split the listeners and NOT stream the game, removing some game listeners. They already arent streaming the game.
    It may be contractual that they can't compete with the game for audience.

As a Purdue fan, I could care less...but wife is an IU grad so i care more

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I missed the gun guy yesterday. Holiday week has had me confused all week. :n00b:

Gonna have to check out the podcast I guess...

Catching up to do...

Last edited:

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    If Mr Relford didn't mention Football at the beginning of the show I wouldn't remember its this time of year again. I always see this time as Deer, Bird, waterfowl, and small game season lol.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom