• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    We always seem to send *this kind* of republican to Washington, don't we?

I think it's because the Dems cross party lines in the primary and vote for the worst Republican candidate (the one the Dems could stomach the best). Then we get stuck with a bad choice of Braun or Donnelly. Instead of Messer or Rokita who were both strong on the 2A.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it's because the Dems cross party lines in the primary and vote for the worst Republican candidate (the one the Dems could stomach the best). Then we get stuck with a bad choice of Braun or Donnelly. Instead of Messer or Rokita who were both strong on the 2A.

I think you're right. Donnelly didn't have a challenger in that primary, and I think a lot of Democrats voted for the easiest to beat Republican. The strategy worked because the political moron, Richard Mourdock, folded like a cheap lawn chair with the first gotcha question.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    We always seem to send *this kind* of republican to Washington, don't we?
    With so many solid 2A supporters we have at the State-level (Jim Lucas, Ben Smaltz, Jim Tomes, Jerry Torr, Jack Sandlin, Aaron Freeman, Chris Judy) you'd think we could do better at the national level.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I have a theory... Indiana is such a "red" state (except for a certain pockets) that those folks (like Braun) that would have run as democrats in years gone by know the only way they'll get elected (except for those safe blue pockets) is to run as republicans.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have a theory... Indiana is such a "red" state (except for a certain pockets) that those folks (like Braun) that would have run as democrats in years gone by know the only way they'll get elected (except for those safe blue pockets) is to run as republicans.
    Yeah. I think Braun could easily be a Democrat in a state like Virginia. Probably not in one of the uber crazy states though. He doesn’t exactly fit the Democratic platform of today. He’d be a moderate Democrat if he were one. He’d fit in with the Democrats of maybe 10 years ago before they went absolutly insane.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yeah. I think Braun could easily be a Democrat in a state like Virginia. Probably not in one of the uber crazy states though. He doesn’t exactly fit the Democratic platform of today. He’d be a moderate Democrat if he were one. He’d fit in with the Democrats of maybe 10 years ago before they went absolutly insane.

I believe he did vote democrat up until a few years ago. I seem to remember that being reported during his campaign.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Harry Truman and JFK wouldn't have a place in today's dem party. Sam Nunn? I think not.

Four Indiana Counties went for Clinton in 2016: Marion, Monroe, Lake, St Joseph. The rest of the State is red. Blue collar, working-class, Christian, gun owner: any combination of these, how do you vote?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We get the right "kind" of republican into contention and they get railroaded by the media, by the libs, by the liberaltarians and even by a whole lot of "us."

Then we a get a gun grabbing liberal for six years. Then we do it all again and end up with a RINO that doesn't know what he's talking about, but "grew up with guns."

We need to learn to quit eating our own.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I believe he did vote democrat up until a few years ago. I seem to remember that being reported during his campaign.

Down in your (and formerly my) part of the State there once were a lot of registered D's who were as conservative as they came. A lot of that was from when we had closed primaries and there would be 12 running for Sheriff on the D side and one on the R side. My Grandma (who was born in 1914) changed her party affiliation to Republican in 1996 because of Clinton. Today's dem party has no place for tough old gun-ownin country women like Grandma.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Harry Truman and JFK wouldn't have a place in today's dem party. Sam Nunn? I think not.

Four Indiana Counties went for Clinton in 2016: Marion, Monroe, Lake, St Joseph. The rest of the State is red. Blue collar, working-class, Christian, gun owner: any combination of these, how do you vote?

Yeah Marion County seems to be over flowing with left leaning idiots.

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Substitute "tornado deaths" for "gun deaths"....

Some Ohio mayor (I'm guessing Dayton) said there were a bunch of recent deaths by tornado in her town, and the mass shooting in her town, but "one of those could have been prevented by common sense legislation..."

I'm assuming she meant tornados....?

The "we have to DO something" mantra wouldn't be applied to making tornados not happen, so how does it magically happen that criminals are stopped by laws any more than tornados would be...???

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    There needs to be significant punishment for false informing. Jim Lucas introduced a bill last session that would put the level of the charge for false informing the same as the false charge. It didn't get a hearing in committee. Hopefully it will be back.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If a suspected person is deemed to be a threat, they need to be arrested. That itself would be separating them from their firearm(s).

Then a judge could write a warrant for red flag confiscation, based on complaints, police reports, etc. That is, IF there is enough evidence to determine that their 2A rights should be revoked.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom