• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    There's a certain level of hypocrisy. As gun owners we cry out, "enforce the laws on the books!" Then when Flipper McFlippsy gets busted we call the ATF stupid.

I refuse to accept any blame for hypocrisy. While I don't recommend following the course that our cetacean neighbor from Wisconsin chose, whether he was falling within the parameters of being a 'dealer' on porpoise or not, the fact of the matter is that I have never clamored for enforcing existing laws. In fact, I have insisted consistently that if it does not fall within the limits imposed on the government by the Second Amendment (i.e., any law directed at arms in any way, as opposed to laws against harmful acts against others which happen to be carried out with arms), it should NOT be on the books, and needs removed.

I also feel compelled to point out that the many professional licenses which may be required are a function of the state government and do not affect constitutional rights. I could be a facetious jerk and point out that nowhere in the Constitution does it say, "A well-groomed society being necessary for a respectable state, the right to keep and use scissors, clippers, and combs shall not be infringed." :):

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I refuse to accept any blame for hypocrisy. While I don't recommend following the course that our cetacean neighbor from Wisconsin chose, whether he was falling within the parameters of being a 'dealer' on porpoise or not, the fact of the matter is that I have never clamored for enforcing existing laws. In fact, I have insisted consistently that if it does not fall within the limits imposed on the government by the Second Amendment (i.e., any law directed at arms in any way, as opposed to laws against harmful acts against others which happen to be carried out with arms), it should NOT be on the books, and needs removed.

I also feel compelled to point out that the many professional licenses which may be required are a function of the state government and do not affect constitutional rights. I could be a facetious jerk and point out that nowhere in the Constitution does it say, "A well-groomed society being necessary for a respectable state, the right to keep and use scissors, clippers, and combs shall not be infringed." :):

ID, can't disagree with anything you've said here. :yesway:

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    It's a good thing they consider the definition of "in business" different when it concerns someone getting an FFL vs someone getting prosecuted.

BATFE needs to be disbanded.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Slow down there Jetta. I have made no assumptions as to this guys business practices or his ethics. I stated that I would love to see where he tried to get an FFL but was denied.

The ATF is supposed to enforce laws enacted by congress as you stated, we agree on this. My issue with the ATF is they like to constantly re-define words, and enact rules that carry the weight of law. The definition of "in business" is very narrow to obtain an FFL, but the definition of "in business " used for prosecution is pretty broad, and likely to expand further. Congress hasn't passed any new laws concerning this. Congress didn't narrow who could get a license, the ATF did.

He's not my poster child, I just want to see the ATF brought under control.

Yes, I want the atf, slowed way DOWN .....

Won't happen until, Jan., 2017 ..... IF then .....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Have to provide some examples (scalps) to prove obie is "doing something". Typical dc kabuki theater for big media.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Have to provide some examples (scalps) to prove obie is "doing something". Typical dc kabuki theater for big media.

If that's all it is, he has a huge scalp with a high-value 'doing something' attached to it running for president as we speak.

bonkers1919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Columbus
    The suspect, who is not being named because he has not been arrested or charged, could not be reached for comment through email or phone messages.

This is the 4th paragraph. I had to read twice. If the suspect is not named, how would you reach him for comment?

mistersmith

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    NWI
    The President clearly stated that Indiana is the problem. This Wisc situation is taking the spotlight off of Indiana. Next it will be an Iowa man doing something shady, if this keeps up it might be years before we find out the problem is really Chicago. This is why I hate politics, it is inaccurate, mean spirited, and the real criminals never get caught.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    The President clearly stated that Indiana is the problem. This Wisc situation is taking the spotlight off of Indiana. Next it will be an Iowa man doing something shady, if this keeps up it might be years before we find out the problem is really Chicago. This is why I hate politics, it is inaccurate, mean spirited, and the real criminals never get caught.

no, they keep getting re-elected.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I would love to see where he tried to get an FFL, but was denied, because you can't run a business without a storefront.

Theres no requirement at all to have a storefront to have an FFL. You DO have to comply with zoning at wherever your licensed premises is. Either zoned for retail business, be in an unwonted area or you have a variance from your zoning commission.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Theres no requirement at all to have a storefront to have an FFL. You DO have to comply with zoning at wherever your licensed premises is. Either zoned for retail business, be in an unwonted area or you have a variance from your zoning commission.

The feds do demand that you have a separate entrance for your business if you run it out of your home unless that have changed that fairly recently.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The feds do demand that you have a separate entrance for your business if you run it out of your home unless that have changed that fairly recently.

I always walked through the front door, then sat down at the kitchen table and filled out my paperwork. :dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I always walked through the front door, then sat down at the kitchen table and filled out my paperwork. :dunno:

Just going with what I have been told by those in the position for it to matter. While most in practice didn't, they did have a 'designated' entrance for the purpose of answering that question.

Top Bottom