• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So buying the used guns when they come in to GM via employee of GM kickback etc. ...... somebody(s) has some explaining to do.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If they can link this guy to sales to improper persons or across state lines somebody should hand him a couple of packets of jam, because he's toast

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Lately much has been made of President Obama's Executive Actions concerning directing ATFE to enforce existing law. A case in Wisconsin has made the news concerning a man buying guns in a Gander Mountain and then re-selling them from 2003 to 2015.

Wauwatosa man under investigation for illegal gun sales

Well, I guess, someone, had to be the "test case" .....

Anybody want to take a "bet" he is a "d", and will be paid royally, by the .gov, for doing this ?????

After all, it has to be a conspiracy ..... RIGHT .....

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Well...as a business he wasn't making much of a living , as a hobby we was doing okay...as an example though, priceless.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So who ratted on the guy? A new GM manager that got perturbed because he was using his 25% off coupon over and over?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    If they can link this guy to sales to improper persons or across state lines somebody should hand him a couple of packets of jam, because [STRIKE]he's toast[/STRIKE]

I really, really thought you were gonna end that sentence differently than you did.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So who ratted on the guy? A new GM manager that got perturbed because he was using his 25% off coupon over and over?

If I had to guess, folks at the ATF were tasked with finding some examples. While the BATFE/NICS doesn't know how many or what make/model of firearms someone buys you'll never convince me they can't pull up how many transfers a name/dob/ssn have associated with them. Those transfers will have FFL numbers attached indicating a pattern of transfers from the same numbers. Once someone decides to look the data is there.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I would tend to believe that during a normal FFL inspection , ATF was matching up log books with 4473's or depending on what information goes into there log books the man in question name kept popping up.

And with that The Lid to Pandora's Box was opened.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I keep a spreadsheet on the guns that I have bought and sold over the years. It shows that over 35 years, I average two gun transactions a year, (either buying or selling). That was from both private individuals and FFL dealers. Highest number was five transactions in one year.

This guy managed to buy 513 guns from Gander Mt in 12 years. He then turned around and sold them on Gunbroker. That is 1026 transactions in that period, averaging 85 transactions per year. Even more glaring is that he purchased 428 guns in a 5 year period. That is 856 transactions, averaging 171 transactions per year. Even if he did not sell all of the guns he purchased, that is still an extraordinary amount of transactions that would stand out for one individual.

I am sure he was flagged in the NCIS system for his high volume of purchases per month. The BATFE would have to be blinder that Hillarys COMSEC Security Staff, to just give him a pass.

Top Bottom