• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Madjack181

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    Rochester
    It's not just the hoarders, I was at a gun shop in Ohio this summer and they had a pallet of .22 in the show room. They were charging $80.00 for a 500 rd box!

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I'm not sure 22s are that hard to find. It seems like Walmarts and LGS in my area are getting it regularly. Prices for bulk packed ammo are around a nickel a rd. I recently offered on INGO to trade 1ea 525- 550rd 22LR bulk pack for a $20-25 can of gunpowder ( Alliant ,hard to find) or two boxes of 410 shells ( worth maybe $25- $30 and available everywhere) and had not one taker. After two days of no trade offers and getting tired of the " Cash price?" bozos I swapped mine out at an LGS.

Last edited:

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Big deal, he bought a good with his money. I've been over the 22 thing for some time now, I just don't care.

Oh, before finding 22 became hard, I used to shoot 15-20K rounds a year. Would be nothing to have 20k rounds on hand.

Some people's needs are different

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Dang, and I was happy to snag two boxes of 225 a couple weeks ago... haha. Back when it was easy to find, I put around 1,700 rounds through my M&P 15-22 the first two days I had it. I probably haven't gone through that much .22LR in the last two years now.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Because SOME OCD people are buying it all. My buddy just sent me this picture of his hoard, 23,750 rounds.

22LR_Ammo_zps1cfa8162.jpg

Nice "before" picture...where's the one from a few seconds later with the broken windows?

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    ^^^^that's what I thought. if it stays in front of that window long it may not be his for very much longer. any way I know several people that have at least that. im not mad. its their money and they aren't flipping it. they just love to have it.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Can we just start deleting these threads already? Tell your buddy congratulations he has the ability to swipe a credit card, and ask him if we're supposed to be jealous or something. Fact is .22 is as available as just about anything. It is just more expensive to get is all. My LGS has it every day of the week for $50/550.

I've had more difficulty finding 8x50mmR Lebel than I have had finding .22.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Who cares about how much ammo anyone has? It is their money and they are free to spend it how ever they choose or "stockpile" as much ammo as they want. These threads are played out, and the only reason they keep appearing is because people are jealous that they don't have as much as they would like.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    What if someone had a supply of 20,000 rounds of Eley Tenex or Federal Ultra Match? What if they paid $200 a brick for match ammo because they shoot that much or they really liked that particular type of ammo.

Wonder how the thread would go then

I'm in the same boat though, threads like these need to be locked or deleted. Over a year now of "this is why we can't find 22 ammo" threads......f***

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Because SOME OCD people are buying it all. My buddy just sent me this picture of his hoard, 23,750 rounds.

Add a zero to the end of that number of you will be getting close to my hoard of .22 plus I still have my .22 Mag and a few bricks of .22 WRF...

Detonics

assuming you paid on average 5 cents a round and assert you have 237,500 rounds my high school math skills tell me you have over $11,000 in the cost of your .22 inventory. Would that we all had the liquid assets that would enable us to dedicate that monetary sum towards ammunition.

Perhaps your planning to use the ammo as currency when the zombie apocalypse begins ? ;)

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana

Detonics

assuming you paid on average 5 cents a round and assert you have 237,500 rounds my high school math skills tell me you have over $11,000 in the cost of your .22 inventory. Would that we all had the liquid assets that would enable us to dedicate that monetary sum towards ammunition.

Perhaps your planning to use the ammo as currency when the zombie apocalypse begins ? ;)

Considering I have been stockpiling that for well over 30 years and bought cases back then when 22 ammo was a penny a round (or less) I think I am in it ok price wise. Also I owned a gunshop at the time and was not paying retail. I do know my daughter, nephews, nieces, and grand children will not be left wanting. And it has all been well stored, in fact I shot some 30 year old Wildcat the other day and it worked perfectly.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    If you are tossing any then I'll be happy to take them. Blazer is excellent bulk ammo and Thunderbolt is very serviceable, but dirty.

Top Bottom