WHY WE CARRY: What scenario are you preparing for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dudelittle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Attica
    I carry to provide protection for my family if the need arises, be it active shooter or someone wanting something they think is there's when it is not.

sopwith21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    Indianapolis
    For those who read the OT, you will see why I carry for capacity rather than caliber. You may not agree, but you'll see the reasoning. What I am preparing for is more likely to call for higher capacity than, say, a mugger in an alley.

If you understand what's in a person's head when they decide to carry, it explains a lot about what, when, how, and how many they carry. So I agree with 88E30M50 about capacity and proximity to Indy. And that's why I'm interested in why others carry and what, specifically, they are preparing for. It's sort of a re-examination of my own thinking. Never a bad thing.

output

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2014
    NW Indiana
    I carry because it is better to have and not need, than to need and not have. It is a very simple idea, and does not burden me.

There are many reasons why someone should carry. Just pickup the morning paper, or read the local crime report. Bad things happen to good people all the time and at random or with out logic. I also do not base my carry system on the area I will be traveling to or from...just like the lock on my car door, I always keep it locked.

Last edited:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Now there ya go. It's like a parachute. You don't wear it because you think you'll need it, you wear it because you might. If you ever do need it and don't have it you'll never need it again.

This analogy doesn't work for me. I carry every day and am aware of one instance where it ever kept anything from happening. Since 8 open carry there may have been more I am not aware of.

I have worn a parachute over a hundred times and only rigged 3 times that I didn't use it. Im very glad that does not translate to my carry.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    I carry to protect my life and that of my family. Old, but still a soldier at heart, I would almost certainly act to protect others around me as well. I swore to defend our constitution against "ALL enemies, foreign and domestic" Can't do that without tools of the trade.

Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    I carry to protect myself and family and others around me who are to scared to carry a gun and defend themselves. Also I don't have the safest job in the world.

Top Bottom