• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Saw a mother and daughter looking at toilet repair kits. I guess toilets shouldn't break on holidays. Saw a dude buying ammo. All in all, not crowded at all. Great day to get things when you're not tripping over other customers.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Im at work right now and will be until 5am. I havent had a thanksgiving off or christmas off in the 5 years Ive worked here. You know what I do? Suck it up and deal with it. Its not a big deal to me. After all, it is just another day on the calender.

No, I dont work in the retail sales area either. I work in LE/Corrections. Unfortunaely the bad guys dont all get to go home and be with their families so neither do I. I dont personally blame my employer or believe them to be evil. The world must go on.

Herstal

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indianapolis
    This is what I hate about moral busybodies. They're not content with making the choice for themselves to smoke, drink, do drugs, engage in homosexual behavior, or shop at Walmart on thanksgiving day. They want to make that choice for everyone. Tyrants. The lot of them.

I agree with you, if they're trying to get the government to prohibit something. If they're just saying, "Boycott XYZ with us" then more power to them. It's their right to assemble and their right to free speech. Once they cross over the line to "And we'll have our boycott enforced at the end of the (governments) gun barrel" that they're tyrants.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    tumblr_mdupxfjgTe1rryf4po1_500.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sure hope no one has to go the hospital on a holiday. No one ever talks about the healthcare workers who have to work holidays as well.

Or what about Meijer? They are open every day of the except Christmas.

Or airports, or gas stations. At the hospital we put in the third stringers :). Wait, then why did I work 4-MN last night??? I worked yesterday so I'll be off Christmas.

Many places offer holiday pay. Many people ENjOy working during those events. Many people don't celebrate the traditional holidays or are alone and would rather spend it working around their friends.

Just another way for the left to hate Walmart. Did you know many walmarts are even open 24 hours now? I can't believe they'd force some employees to work all night just so the rich stock owners can get richer.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    They get a lot of foot traffic on Thanksgiving.

The store will operate on that day every year, and the analysts in Bentonville will continue to crunch the new numbers for the benefit of management, and the Board of Directors.

As I walk through one of the stores, occasionally, I will 'think', "most of this junk is probably made in China."
    Sad, but true...

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Or airports, or gas stations. At the hospital we put in the third stringers :). Wait, then why did I work 4-MN last night??? I worked yesterday so I'll be off Christmas.

Many places offer holiday pay. Many people ENjOy working during those events. Many people don't celebrate the traditional holidays or are alone and would rather spend it working around their friends.

Just another way for the left to hate Walmart. Did you know many walmarts are even open 24 hours now? I can't believe they'd force some employees to work all night just so the rich stock owners can get richer.

I would have gladly traded a years worth of holidays for a years worth of day shift.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I've worked at several retailers over the past 11 years. Always worked Thanksgiving. It sucks, but people do still need to buy things on that day, just as they still need gasoline, hotels, food etc. It IS a paid holiday for Walmart last I knew btw. You may have to work on the day, but you also get a full (based on your hours) day of holiday pay in addition to what you actually work.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I worked for wally-world in college (1994-1997). They were open every day of the year but christmas day. So to watch some dip**** spout off on the boob-tube about how the workers that are protesting are going to be "punished" and made to work "this Thanksgiving" is not only an insult to my inteligence, but really irritates me. It's not a big secret, nor a suprise that they need extra help on thanksgiving and black friday. So you took the job KNOWING you would likely have to work those days. It's about as intelligent as the people that built a house next to a junk yard then complain that it looks bad and want it to move.

seldon14

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I worked for wally-world in college (1994-1997). They were open every day of the year but christmas day. So to watch some dip**** spout off on the boob-tube about how the workers that are protesting are going to be "punished" and made to work "this Thanksgiving" is not only an insult to my inteligence, but really irritates me. It's not a big secret, nor a suprise that they need extra help on thanksgiving and black friday. So you took the job KNOWING you would likely have to work those days. It's about as intelligent as the people that built a house next to a junk yard then complain that it looks bad and want it to move.

From what I have seen the group trying to get Walmart workers to unionize has intentionally been trying to spread mis/disinformation about Walmart policies, pay , and practices.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    From what I have seen the group trying to get Walmart workers to unionize has intentionally been trying to spread mis/disinformation about Walmart policies, pay , and practices.

WHaaaaaaa..... a UNION spreading misinformation and lies? Oh my, that is absolutely unpossible. add purple where needed. My keyboard ran out some time back.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Which only makes it harder for legitimate complaints to be addressed.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

To expound upon such, Wal-Mart has in fact engaged in retaliatory measures against employees. Of course, retaliation is only prohibited as a response to engaging in protected activity.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    To expound upon such, Wal-Mart has in fact engaged in retaliatory measures against employees. Of course, retaliation is only prohibited as a response to engaging in protected activity.

And what has been done? Links? Citations? Something other than internet rumors?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

I see 3 different issues at the store level, meaning management issues within the store. Where's the corporate level retailation we're hearing about?

EVERY employer has made mistakes in their past in regards to hiring/firing pricedures over the years, whether it's mom and pop store or a retail giant. These whiners are complaining about corporate level retalitation for protesting them being open on thanksgiving(a condition they KNEW about prior to employment). I'm not seeing it.

Top Bottom