• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    So boycott those businesses and let others be free to make their own choices.

How exactly would I force others to do anything?

Once upon a time, communities shamed businesses and individuals to do the right thing.....all without engaging the rule of law.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I was in Walmart today to pick up a few things and my favourite check out person informed me that they would be open tomorrow and Friday if I needed anything. Told her I had no plans to do that to her and wouldn't be in. I have pretty much everything I need right now to get through the next few days. When things calm down, I'll go back for my regular shopping. Probably be there Sunday.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How exactly would I force others to do anything?

Once upon a time, communities shamed businesses and individuals to do the right thing.....all without engaging the rule of law.

I won't feel a bit shamed while I'm eating lunch at Golden Corral tomorrow. I need some shop pags so I may stop somewhere and pick some of those up as well. You worry about yours. I'll worry about mine.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I won't feel a bit shamed while I'm eating lunch at Golden Corral tomorrow. I need some shop pags so I may stop somewhere and pick some of those up as well. You worry about yours. I'll worry about mine.

I really could care less where you choose to assault your pallet with such :poop: supposed food.

Though shaming you, really wasn't the point of my post, now was it?

loco.png

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I really could care less where you choose to assault your pallet with such :poop: supposed food.

Though shaming you, really wasn't the point of my post, now was it?

loco.png

And the point of my post is why are you worried about what others are doing? Most places I've seen who are open on holidays have the shifts split so that the employees don't work through lunch and dinner so they can have one or the other with their family. I've worked some ****ty shifts and had to try to explain to my young daughter why I was never home in the evenings. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to put food on the table. Don't like it, find another job. You can do your part by staying home tomorrow. What other consumers choose to do is up to them.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    And the point of my post is why are you worried about what others are doing? Most places I've seen who are open on holidays have the shifts split so that the employees don't work through lunch and dinner so they can have one or the other with their family. I've worked some ****ty shifts and had to try to explain to my young daughter why I was never home in the evenings. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to put food on the table. Don't like it, find another job. You can do your part by staying home tomorrow. What other consumers choose to do is up to them.

And again, you completely missed the point of my post.

When you finally graduate from the 2nd grade, let us know.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    And again, you completely missed the point of my post.

When you finally graduate from the 2nd grade, let us know.

I'm surprised it took you this many posts to resort to personal attacks. I know you can do better than that. Lay it on me.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I'm surprised it took you this many posts to resort to personal attacks. I know you can do better than that. Lay it on me.

Taking sarcasm and making yourself a victim from it has become fairly typical for you.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Taking sarcasm and making yourself a victim from it has become fairly typical for you.

Making personal attacks has become fairly typical for you. If you think you're getting under my skin, you couldn't be more wrong. I think it's hilarious that you have to resort to saying things like "when you finally graduate from the second grade". It really gives your argument teeth.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Making personal attacks has become fairly typical for you. If you think you're getting under my skin, you couldn't be more wrong. I think it's hilarious that you have to resort to saying things like "when you finally graduate from the second grade". It really gives your argument teeth.

There is a wide difference between a bit of enlightening sarcasm and a personal attack. Though it would take someone with more than a 2nd grade education to realize that.

I never thought I could get under your skin, as I believe you to be shameless. I find your self-imposed hypocrisy to be incredibly funny, in a tragic sort of way.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    There is a wide difference between a bit of enlightening sarcasm and a personal attack. Though it would take someone with more than a 2nd grade education to realize that.

I never thought I could get under your skin, as I believe you to be shameless. I find your self-imposed hypocrisy to be incredibly funny, in a tragic sort of way.

You have a record of making personal attacks on me here. Ever going to finish that joke about my wife?

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Wal-Mart, generally now with very few non 24hr stores, are only closed starting at 6pm Christmas eve to 6am Dec 26th. This gives the employees 36 hours every year that they are guaranteed to be off (not including paid vacation, etc.) This is the only holiday they are ensured that no employees are working.

Sockmonkey has posted that she's a Wal-Mart employee, and this will be the first time in 6 years that she's not working Thanksgiving morning, because she's working Thanksgiving evening. We've had to wait for her to join the family after working to eat Thanksgiving dinner for the last six years.

People seem to think that WM is opening at 8pm for these deals. The last several years, Sockmonkey has had to be in at work at 3am on Black Friday (at one point this was 5 hours before her normal shift started) to join the already working their normal shift overnighters for the big sales. She's getting to sleep in this year because of the sales tomorrow night.

I've worked plenty of places that were open on Thanksgiving. I even had to cut short my time actually sitting down and eating my Thanksgiving dinner with out of state family that would be leaving before I got home because I had to rush into work for an afternoon-evening shift at a restaurant.

Being open on Thanksgiving isn't anything new, and WM has always expected their employees to work at least a four hour shift on Thanksgiving (most of the time, you don't get to choose when).

Personally, I wish that more places would close for holidays, but society demands always available for some reason and that's unfortunate. Society also gripes when people do something they don't like, instead of just taking some personal responsibility and ignoring the early sales.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Wal-Mart, generally now with very few non 24hr stores, are only closed starting at 6pm Christmas eve to 6am Dec 26th. This gives the employees 36 hours every year that they are guaranteed to be off (not including paid vacation, etc.) This is the only holiday they are ensured that no employees are working.

Sockmonkey has posted that she's a Wal-Mart employee, and this will be the first time in 6 years that she's not working Thanksgiving morning, because she's working Thanksgiving evening. We've had to wait for her to join the family after working to eat Thanksgiving dinner for the last six years.

People seem to think that WM is opening at 8pm for these deals. The last several years, Sockmonkey has had to be in at work at 3am on Black Friday (at one point this was 5 hours before her normal shift started) to join the already working their normal shift overnighters for the big sales. She's getting to sleep in this year because of the sales tomorrow night.

I've worked plenty of places that were open on Thanksgiving. I even had to cut short my time actually sitting down and eating my Thanksgiving dinner with out of state family that would be leaving before I got home because I had to rush into work for an afternoon-evening shift at a restaurant.

Being open on Thanksgiving isn't anything new, and WM has always expected their employees to work at least a four hour shift on Thanksgiving (most of the time, you don't get to choose when).

Personally, I wish that more places would close for holidays, but society demands always available for some reason and that's unfortunate. Society also gripes when people do something they don't like, instead of just taking some personal responsibility and ignoring the early sales.

My wife is stuck working 4p tonight through 8a tomorrow (she got stuck on overnight shift a month or so ago, normal 8p-8a).

And the overnight management and stocking crews work on Christmas at 8p. They do get Christmas Eve off.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    While I wont be hitting Wal Mart theres plenty of people who will be and theres plenty of people to numerous to mention that DO have to work Holidays.

Top Bottom