• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    To be fair to the YouTube guy, Ed is at the Shot Show. That means he is there to meet and greet the public, to talk about his company and products. If he didn't want to do that, he should have stayed home. And no, I had never heard of the YouTube guy before this.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    As halfmileharry said, you reap what you sow. I've been to Nighthawk Custom and got the grand tour, dealt with Wilson, Guncrafter industries, Rock Island and Ruger on the phone and I don't have any issues with any shop in town that I frequent. My normal rotation is USDS, ITP, PSS and Elmores and I've never had an issue with any of them. I have seen asshats asked to leave at every shop I frequent, and IMHO every one of them deserved the admonishment they received. Possibly I"m an asshat and the guys at the shops are asshats so we don't have any conflicts. :)
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III mechanic [FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] --[/FONT]1911 Mechanic

Last edited:

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I once had a job where my employer asked me to be the spokesperson for my company. I could talk off-the-cuff about my company's services for an hour and do so with reasonable competence. Then I had my first opportunity to do an on-camera interview. I soon learned that talking into the camera and being interviewed spiked my anxiety out the roof and turned me into a blathering fool. If I had Ed's success and was camera shy or felt like putting myself on camera would not represent my company in the best possible light I wouldn't do it either. I think it's tacky of this guy to throw Ed Brown under the bus for denying him an on-camera interview.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    One sided store, and I don't have an issue with someone turning down an interview from a Youtube video jockey. The youtube guy presumed way too much. And the thought that Ed Brown owes "everyone" an apology because of an interaction with this guy is a joke. I'm not even a 1911 guy, but no one owes a youtube video jockey anything at all. The fact that this guy thinks that he holds the power to take down a company based on such an interaction is a complete joke as well.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    If anybody base the opinion of a company or a person based on what is found on the net and don't try to get actual facts or does some research is just plain ignorant.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    ive shot alot of 1911's colt, kimber, wilson, les baer, spingfield, rock island,..... and really i think that after around 1200 or 1300 bucks the guns dont get better, just get fancyer. i have a colt gold cup that i paid 1000 for, zero function problums and it shoots right on the money. i had a wilson combat that was very ammo sensitive."so what it shot half inch better at 25 yards i still perfer the gold cup". ill probuly never buy a ed brown not because ed is rude but rather for what you pay i dont think you get alot.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Any person that makes it to the big show will have someone who wants to point out the one time or another that they werent the perfect nice guy. Nobody makes everyone happy 100% of the time. Im pretty sure that those that can command the premium prices for their custom pistols are worth every penny, otherwise they wouldn't be in business.
    While I am just as happy with my springfields, I cant say I wouldn't own any of the ultra high end 1911s if it were in my budget to do so.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I just want one for each hand. Cabot
    IMG_9999-full-1024x682.jpeg

They only start at a mere $13,000.00 a set. :cool:

MiNDRiVE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    Indianapolis

I didn't even spend that much on my car!? Then I say to myself, why in the hell, wtf?!? nevermind everybody has their vices... I had this same question running through my head when I saw someone pay 19k for a colt m16 at the earls gun auction. I just can't even comprehend spending that much dough on boomstick.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    That colt m16 was a class III but then I'm sure you know that since u said m16. I was in up to $16000 then they lost me. I was hoping for a deal. Maybe some day.

My biggest problem is spending big money on high end gun and needing service then getting attitude from customer service. I would not be happy. I company is lead from the top.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    :):.......I could'n even go full minute o' this dudes butt-hurt diatribe......:):........Ed Brown don' give a ratz who 'is dude is......an' he won' miss no meals,neither.....:):

JBLee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Northside Indy Suburbs

Do you have to pay extra to get a thumb safety? Looks like it's the same gun in a mirror image not two separate pistols. Or perhaps the pistols are right and left hand specific and have the safety's on the side not facing the camera? That would make sense I guess looking at the ejection ports....

Last edited:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Do you have to pay extra to get a thumb safety? Looks like it's the same gun in a mirror image not two separate pistols. Or perhaps the pistols are right and left hand specific and have the safety's on the side not facing the camera? That would make sense I guess looking at the ejection ports....
    Safety is on the unseen side. Here's another look.
    Cabot-Gary-Set-1.png

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

For 13 grand you'd think you might get a better pic, eh?

Oops, another pic. Another mirror image. Confusing! :xmad: Wonder if they sell that trigger by itself?

Top Bottom