• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Down on Marco lsland, Florida, they have a mixture of bike lanes on the side of the roads and seperate multi-use bike/walking paths in more congested traffic areas. Works very well for allowing people to get from one place to another.

With all the vehicle traffic and limited parking availible, riding my bike to a destination makes sense. It also allows me to exercise and save money verses driving a car.

And before some bonehead calls me a liberal, the root word of Conservative is "conserve". Saving money, saving my health and having the freedom to move around at my own pace is attractive to me, as a conservative. Being able to navigate from one place to another without being stuck in traffic or depending on a vehicle is a blessing.

Just don't put pineapple on pizza...

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Down on Marco lsland, Florida, they have a mixture of bike lanes on the side of the roads and seperate multi-use bike/walking paths in more congested traffic areas. Works very well for allowing people to get from one place to another.

With all the vehicle traffic and limited parking availible, riding my bike to a destination makes sense. It also allows me to exercise and save money verses driving a car.

And before some bonehead calls me a liberal, the root word of Conservative is "conserve". Saving money, saving my health and having the freedom to move around at my own pace is attractive to me, as a conservative. Being able to navigate from one place to another without being stuck in traffic or depending on a vehicle is a blessing.

I don’t know man, sounds like you are right on the edge of being a hard core liberal. riding a bike? You are not wearing those padded biker shorts are you?

We actually ride a lot during warmer weather here, around on the county roads.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I don’t know man, sounds like you are right on the edge of being a hard core liberal. riding a bike? You are not wearing those padded biker shorts are you?

We actually ride a lot during warmer weather here, around on the county roads.
    No padded shorts for this rider. Cargo shorts that carry my LCP Custom and a spare mag.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington

It's funny, but I've found that half the time being a conservative means actually doing the things that liberals claim they do. Not talking about the whole redistribution of wealth and control of people's lives with tyrannical government, of course. But talking just about personal/lifestyle choices, you could almost define a conservative as someone who is what a liberal claims to be.

Examples:

How often do liberals talk wistfully about being closer to the earth and eating all natural, non-processed food? But if you ever meet someone who is actually trying to raise their own food in a self-sufficient manner, they're almost certain to be a conservative (and probably what most people would call an ultra right-wing conspiracy theorist "prepper" at that.)

How often do liberals talk about fighting the system, and sticking it to "the man"? Yet if you ever hear someone actually questioning the establishment narrative, you pretty much automatically know they're a conservative.

How often do you hear liberals going on and on about saving the environment by not using fossil fuels? But half of them look like they've never so much as gone on a long walk, let alone ridden a bike, and they're all just fine with flying private jets all over the world, so long as one person does a 100-yard bike ride up to the convention center doors in front of the cameras.

I could go on and on. It's the perpetual hypocrisy of the left that we've all got to know so well.

Oh, yeah, and pineapple on pizza is awesome. Fight me. :boxing:

Top Bottom