• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    You know what’s weird? I see people around town almost every day riding bikes, sometimes the spandex shorts type riders, sometimes kids, and sometimes people who are obviously down on their luck, think homeless, drug addicted, anyway, it occurred to me that the down on their luck types seem to be much more considerate riders!

I never see two or three or more of those people riding in the center of the driving lane, I don’t think I’ve ever seen one attempt to dart through a stop sign or signal without stopping for oncoming traffic. I’m sure there are plenty of inconsiderate down on their luck cyclists, but I can’t remember the last time I personally encountered one. I do, however, remember the last time I encountered an idiotic spandex shorts rider, two days ago I saw one blow a stop sign right in front of a car that was beginning to accelerate through the intersection.

None of this really means anything, but it does make me wonder why one group of cyclists seem so much more considerate and aware of their surroundings than the spandex crowd.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    They did not. They paid to have roads that were shared with other legal uses along with other taxpayers, some that are bicyclists. Motorists did pay for the interstate system that is theirs alone by law.

You are claiming something that is counter to the laws. If you don’t like the laws there are ways to change them. Until that time bicycles have every equal right to use the roads…
    So you’re saying that cyclists can ride on the interstate.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You know what’s weird? I see people around town almost every day riding bikes, sometimes the spandex shorts type riders, sometimes kids, and sometimes people who are obviously down on their luck, think homeless, drug addicted, anyway, it occurred to me that the down on their luck types seem to be much more considerate riders!

I never see two or three or more of those people riding in the center of the driving lane, I don’t think I’ve ever seen one attempt to dart through a stop sign or signal without stopping for oncoming traffic. I’m sure there are plenty of inconsiderate down on their luck cyclists, but I can’t remember the last time I personally encountered one. I do, however, remember the last time I encountered an idiotic spandex shorts rider, two days ago I saw one blow a stop sign right in front of a car that was beginning to accelerate through the intersection.

None of this really means anything, but it does make me wonder why one group of cyclists seem so much more considerate and aware of their surroundings than the spandex crowd.
    Maybe it’s the avidity of the avid cyclists.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So what is the catalyst for your contempt for cyclists? If you see a cyclist run a stop sign why do you care? Not hurting you. I thought you were all about freedom?
    This has been discussed for 73 pages. If you're asking me to justify the inherent harm caused by anyone on a public roadway not obeying stop signs, then I have a hard time believing that you're still engaging in sincere dialogue.

Top Bottom