• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    What are its new values, principles, and positions? Bombast, threats, cult of personality, and triangulation is not back bone. At best, it's populism. If that's the new republican party, I really will be done with them.

Sounds as if you are implying there was something wrong with the old principles? The only thing that went wrong with the principles is they were never followed. They were nothing but campaign slogans to the vast majority of (R)'s.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Understood. When the rules work in your favor, it's tougher to find fault in them. When they don't and the other guy is enjoying the results, it's rigged and they're cheating. I understand.

Are you comparing laws that politicians have passed which Trump exploits to his advantage, to rules party appointed officials make to subvert the will of the people?

Is that what you just did??

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sounds as if you are implying there was something wrong with the old principles? The only thing that went wrong with the principles is they were never followed. They were nothing but campaign slogans to the vast majority of (R)'s.

And Trump supporters seem to be implying that Trump agrees with the "old principles". Other than his late-in-life epiphanies, his record indicates he doesn't. But *sigh*, this is old ground and I feel like I'm Groundhog Day.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Are you comparing laws that politicians have passed which Trump exploits to his advantage, to rules party appointed officials make to subvert the will of the people?

Is that what you just did??

I'm not sure how you arrived at that point but I'll play...You're supporting a guy that has the mindset that "if it's not illegal, I'm going to do it"?

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Old John Boehner loves him some Trump and Democrats (while despising Cruz) and Trump, while at a rally in Indianapolis on Wednesday, Trump included a defense of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and attacked Cruz for making the “top man” in the senate look bad.

Boehner likes Trump, savages Cruz | Fox News

Trump is definitely the anti-establishment candidate lol.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    "...this is why, across the country, we have run-off elections..."

Which, of course, explains why George H.W. Bush won a second term in 1992. Oh, wait...

Where are these "run-off elections" all across the country? Oh, that's right: we don't actually hold those, almost anywhere.

Donald Trump, without question, has the greatest claim to having the "will of the people". If a majority of people don't support him, then super-majorities of people don't support Cruz and Kasich.

But, it's Ben Shapiro, so it must be right. Right?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I'm not sure how you arrived at that point but I'll play...You're supporting a guy that has the mindset that "if it's not illegal, I'm going to do it"?

Are you suggesting he be held to a higher standard due to seeking public office? That's like suggesting a guy pay more taxes because loopholes aren't fair. While that premise could be true, but it would also be stupid to pay more than you have to. I'm not really supporting anyone, I'm supporting a concept of anything but the old guard. Sending the same miserable bastards back year after year and expecting different results? No thanks.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    scan0072.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Are you suggesting he be held to a higher standard due to seeking public office? That's like suggesting a guy pay more taxes because loopholes aren't fair. While that premise could be true, but it would also be stupid to pay more than you have to. I'm not really supporting anyone, I'm supporting a concept of anything but the old guard. Sending the same miserable bastards back year after year and expecting different results? No thanks.

You're voting to send John Boehner's golfing and texting buddy to Washington...but at least he's an outsider. :D

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yet you keep voting for miserable bastards that promise you everything election after election.

How many times are you going to choose the candidate that promises to end Obamacare, build a wall, balance the budget, etc., etc.?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Well, we usually can't choose the candidate who tells us truths like "We're up to our *******s in debt and everybody - everybody! - is going to have to pay more and get less to have a prayer of getting out of this mess" because those candidates either don't exist or had the lifespan of a Higgs.

But on the bright side, we have plenty ​of Grover Norquist puppets available

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    You're voting to send John Boehner's golfing and texting buddy to Washington...but at least he's an outsider. :D

And you are voting to send the ringleader of the government shutdown circus.... newsflash... a broken government doesn't get fixed by taking your ball and going home. Nothing more than a child throwing a tantrum.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Yet you keep voting for miserable bastards that promise you everything election after election.

How many times are you going to choose the candidate that promises to end Obamacare, build a wall, balance the budget, etc., etc.?

Cruz promised many of those same things, did he not? How many times did Cruz force a vote to appeal the ACA knowing it was going nowhere due to not having a veto proof majority. Political grandstanding and attention seeking behavior.

I'll take someone the establishment opposes over their choice as a lesser of two evils. Any establishment endorsement is too cozy for my liking.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And you are voting to send the ringleader of the government shutdown circus.... newsflash... a broken government doesn't get fixed by taking your ball and going home. Nothing more than a child throwing a tantrum.

Lulzzzz.... Ok.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You make a good argument that both lousy attributes cancel, and that both candidates suck. If you guys want to go toe to toe with all the canceling lousy attributes for both candidates, you could probably go back and forth all day. It's just an indicator of how lousy are the candidates left in the race.

No matter which candidate wins, they'll do lousy things because they're all lousy. They'll lie to us. They'll break campaign promises. They'll **** at least something up that I care about. The only attribute that isn't really canceled by the other is SCOTUS pick. Cruz actually might not suck at that as much as Trump. So for me, it's Cruz by a nose hair.

migunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 4, 2011
    DeMotte
    The Next President will select the Supreme Court Judge to Replace Scalia. If you want to keep your weapons, you better make sure the next President is a Constitionalist and will appoint a Justice that upholds the Constitution instead of social engineering from the Bench !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE READ !!!!!

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    You make a good argument that both lousy attributes cancel, and that both candidates suck. If you guys want to go toe to toe with all the canceling lousy attributes for both candidates, you could probably go back and forth all day. It's just an indicator of how lousy are the candidates left in the race.

No matter which candidate wins, they'll do lousy things because they're all lousy. They'll lie to us. They'll break campaign promises. They'll **** at least something up that I care about. The only attribute that isn't really canceled by the other is SCOTUS pick. Cruz actually might not suck at that as much as Trump. So for me, it's Cruz by a nose hair.

If that is the case, then the GOP should let Merrick in just in case Hillary gets to pick.

Top Bottom