Why on Earth was this ID-10-t allowed to make it to the Police Station Breathing

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    Not to bring any disrespect what so ever to the victims but why on earth was this ID-10-t allowed to make it to the Police Station breathing and not the in a body bag to the morgue???

Now Tax Dollars have to provide 3 Hots and a Cot not to mention the Millions it will cost by time a ~4 month trial finishes... Then we'll still be to the hook for another 10-20 years before the guy can be executed or the rest of his life it he somehow isn't given the death penalty...

Colorado massacre suspect James Holmes to be restrained during trial - U.S. News

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    1. nobody in the theater was armed, or if someone was they chose not to intervene.
    2. the police are not to judge someone and execute them on the way to the police station.

JasonB

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2013
    Pittsboro, IN
    ...Opps he went down hard during police take down, that slightly overweight officer must of caused his neck to accidentally snap...

Problem Solved after this situation no one would have said a word about it...

This isn't case where it was 10,000% clear who the shooter was he as caught red handed in the act...

:D

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Not to bring any disrespect what so ever to the victims but why on earth was this ID-10-t allowed to make it to the Police Station breathing and not the in a body bag to the morgue???

Now Tax Dollars have to provide 3 Hots and a Cot not to mention the Millions it will cost by time a ~4 month trial finishes... Then we'll still be to the hook for another 10-20 years before the guy can be executed or the rest of his life it he somehow isn't given the death penalty...

Colorado massacre suspect James Holmes to be restrained during trial - U.S. News

Because we live in a civilized society, not one of the likes of Nazi Germany.

You would wish the police act as Judge and Jury?

You REALLY need to think hard about this.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    But, the police that arrived are not the judge and jury of peers. They handle one aspect of the job.

Vigilante justice has its place, but this is not one of them. A cops job is difficult enough, how long before they started slaughtering a shoplifter? I know it's not the same thing, but where do you draw the line?

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Pretty much the same thing is going on with the Ft Hood shooter, the Florida teenager shooter, and probably the Boston Marathon surviving bomber. Whatever happened to "speedy trials"?

uberpeck

Marksman
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    I think we all feel your pain; however, the root of our displeasure does not stem from criminals retaining life to be given a fair trial, but from our justice system and its lackadaisical timeline of handling such cases.

If the fruit is ripe for the pickin', let it not stay on the vine.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Leave Dredd and the other street judges in the realm of the movies. I'm sure they will eventually make it to reality in a couple hundred years, we don't need to hurry it along.

Last edited:

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I think we all feel your pain; however, the root of our displeasure does not stem from criminals retaining life to be given a fair trial, but from our justice system and its lackadaisical timeline of handling such cases.

If the fruit is ripe for the pickin', let it not stay on the vine.

Bingo! We all want these scumbags wiped off the face of the earth as painfully as possible, but at the same time the cops are only doing their jobs, which is to protect, not to judge. It's our failed justice system that we should be angry at.

Personally, if these pathetic cowards would turn their guns toward police officers then our wish is granted, but if that is not the case then I'm glad the officers showed restraint and handled the situations properly. Just think of the world we would live in if cops were the judge, jury, and executioner all in one.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Leave Dread and the other street judges in the realm of the movies. I'm sure they will eventually make it to reality in a couple hundred years, we don't need to hurry it along.

Well said. I love JUDGE DREDD, but have no desire to see that world become reality.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Whatever happened to "speedy trials"?

Quite often, the defense seldom wants a speedy trial when its a lousy case to defend. Child molest trials are notorious for defense requested continuances. The longer you continue, the better the chance witnesses stop showing up, memories fade, case notes get shredded, evidence gets lost or tainted, prosecutors get reassigned, etc. etc.

I had one case that was continued for over 3 years because of the defendant's health issues.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Obama will slip out the side door of the government as the big picture trials get underway. He wants the camera off him.

Obama does not want speedy trials. The Democrats do not want speedy trials.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    It seems the dumb a-- is attempting to look like his fellow criminal and Ft Hood mass murderer with that stupid looking beard

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    PEBCAK

I was always told it was PEBCAK. Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard!

To the OP, I have no doubt there is a small but vocal group standing by right here who would have condemned the police long and loud if they had killed him. Why? Simply because they are the police! :dunno:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Because we live in a Republic based on the rule of law?

The sixth amendment is universal it does not care what crime you committed.

Refresher.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defense.

You throw out one,you may as well throw out the document.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Pretty much the same thing is going on with the Ft Hood shooter, the Florida teenager shooter, and probably the Boston Marathon surviving bomber. Whatever happened to "speedy trials"?

The defendant has a right to a speedy trial. The People, not.

Just the way it is.

I suppose if any of us were criminal defendants, unfairly charged of course, we would want ample time to prepare our defense.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    He should have a trial, but in the case of irrefutable evidence against the perp, I get tired of endless appeals. The Treyvon case doesn't have any solid proof as to what happened, but this nut was caught red handed, no doubts as to his guilt. When he is found guilty that should be it, carry out the sentence and be done. If the death penalty is adjudicated then do it, don't hold him for umpteen years, give them 3-6 months, then carry out the courts orders.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom