Why on Earth was this ID-10-t allowed to make it to the Police Station Breathing

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think we all feel your pain; however, the root of our displeasure does not stem from criminals retaining life to be given a fair trial, but from our justice system and its lackadaisical timeline of handling such cases.

If the fruit is ripe for the pickin', let it not stay on the vine.

The system can not rack up the billable hours if swift justice prevails. Media has little to rant over and they can not push for more tax dollars to pump into an already bloated and failing system.

This Turd is beyond a doubt guilty so have "A" day in court and end this POS.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    With this kind of situation, the longer the trial goes on, the more information about the "scary weapons of war" can be twisted against us, and in the end, the anti-gun zealots will get their wishes based off this nut jobs actions.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I think the OJ trial really brought to light, the monumental failure our legal system has become. It no longer serves society as a whole. That being said, we are a nation of laws, not men. Everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    I'm sure glad we never have people serving life in prison, or on death row who get released because of new evidence showing their innocence. Since that never happens, we should just execute everyone immediately after they are found guilty.

Sure, we can all agree they have the right guy, but I'm sure many thought they had the right guy when they put an innocent person behind bars, or in line for the death chamber. It wouldn't surprise me that there have been people vindicated after death.
    Where does it stop? Do we make special exceptions for certain criminals? One can be executed immediately, but the other, let's wait?

It was already mentioned, speedy trial is a right of the accused, not for the public.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm sure glad we never have people serving life in prison, or on death row who get released because of new evidence showing their innocence. Since that never happens, we should just execute everyone immediately after they are found guilty.

Sure, we can all agree they have the right guy, but I'm sure many thought they had the right guy when they put an innocent person behind bars, or in line for the death chamber. It wouldn't surprise me that there have been people vindicated after death.
    Where does it stop? Do we make special exceptions for certain criminals? One can be executed immediately, but the other, let's wait?

It was already mentioned, speedy trial is a right of the accused, not for the public.

Um--err...this jackleg did it OK......................:noway:

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Um--err...this jackleg did it OK......................:noway:

Of course he did, but you can't execute one person immediately, and not another just because you know he did it for sure. So does that mean you don't know for sure if the other people did it? Lock them up, or put them on death row, but give them plenty of time to prove their innocence? There is no justification to execute some faster than others. Everyone deserves a fair trial, that includes continuances and appeals. It should be stacked in the defenses favor. And it's better to let every guilty person go free, than to imprison or kill an innocent person. Everyone has their constitutional rights, even inhuman people like him.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Of course he did, but you can't execute one person immediately, and not another just because you know he did it for sure. So does that mean you don't know for sure if the other people did it? Lock them up, or put them on death row, but give them plenty of time to prove their innocence? There is no justification to execute some faster than others. Everyone deserves a fair trial, that includes continuances and appeals. It should be stacked in the defenses favor. And it's better to let every guilty person go free, than to imprison or kill an innocent person. Everyone has their constitutional rights, even inhuman people like him.

I understand what you are saying but if it is undeniably certain that (like this jack A$$) that they did it then short cut to the front of the line. Do not pass go, do not collect the $200 and straight to whatever the worst sentence you can receive. Screw the rest of the process. You did it, you pay, right now.
    In cases of circumstantial evidence then yes, let it run the course as something may come up to change the outcome.
    IMHO....if you do something as horrible as this POS then due process is exactly that. No different than a speeding ticket Boom, there it is.

No one (well not me anyway) is saying fry everyone. I do not want to see any innocent people do time or get the needle but if we all see them do the crime...why the hell wait. What can be changed. If he is deemed nuts (how can he not be) he still needs to be put down. A rabid dog is a rabid dog. No rehab for you nut boy. There is no fixing him, genetic mis-fit and he will do this again i=f you let him go. Look into his eyes and tell me what you see.....empty vessel.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

In reality there are no speedy trials, when it comes to serious crimes. In reality, some people are guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. Our legal system works on theories. Theoretically, everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty. Theoretically, people who are charged with a crime have the right to a speedy trial. The problem is that the judicial system has slowed down to a crawl because of frivolous appeals and technicalities. The taxpayers bear the burden of trials costing multi-millions of dollars when there is no doubt that the accused committed the crime. There also is the problem with the rich and famous getting away with crimes or a slap on the hand, because they can afford the best legal minds in the country.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I understand what you are saying but if it is undeniably certain that (like this jack A$$) that they did it then short cut to the front of the line. Do not pass go, do not collect the $200 and straight to whatever the worst sentence you can receive. Screw the rest of the process. You did it, you pay, right now.This is why we have jury trials.Who is to say you did it,you pay,right now?The police?A person who swears they saw YOU do it?How about a person who does not like you and wants to see you dead,maybe they can decide you did it?We have rights to prevent the perversion of justice.
    In cases of circumstantial evidence then yes, let it run the course as something may come up to change the outcome.
    IMHO....if you do something as horrible as this POS then due process is exactly that. No different than a speeding ticket Boom, there it is.

No one (well not me anyway) is saying fry everyone. I do not want to see any innocent people do time or get the needle but if we all see them do the crime...why the hell wait. What can be changed. If he is deemed nuts (how can he not be) he still needs to be put down. A rabid dog is a rabid dog. No rehab for you nut boy. There is no fixing him, genetic mis-fit and he will do this again i=f you let him go. Look into his eyes and tell me what you see.....empty vessel.
    I still think he should be tried,like the law says he should.To just kill based on "we know he did it" has been proved wrong before.In almost every wrongful execution case someone said"so and so did it"and usually more than one said it and someone was put to death wrongfully.10 Infamous Cases of Wrongful Execution - Criminal Justice Degrees Guide

Top Bottom